Hey friends,

the last couple of weeks I got some weird typing problems with
    my Passport SE.

Sometimes the caps-lock won't "release" when I type fast, example:

When I wanna write a word like "Mercedes" this happens:
    MErcedes (when I type fast)
    or
    MERcedes (when I type super-fast).

I doesn't happen all the time, but a couple of times in a longer e-mail.

Does anyone know about that problem?

Is it the hardware or software?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 04:58 PM
    For what it's worth I'm not seeing that. I use a silver now and was using an original, with the original now serving as backup. Wife is also using a silver and no complaints.

I would go with the theory you are too fast. If you learn to compensate, or you slow down and errors cease, then I would be more sure about it.
    01-01-17 05:14 PM
    For what it's worth I'm not seeing that. I use a silver now and was using an original, with the original now serving as backup. Wife is also using a silver and no complaints.

I would go with the theory you are too fast. If you learn to compensate, or you slow down and errors cease, then I would be more sure about it.
    Thanks for your reply!
    Never had that problem with other pkb BlackBerry's before.

So I was wondering if it's just me.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 05:30 PM
    That is my best guess. The complaints I'm used to seeing on the forums is double typing or not typing. Your description is new to me, but the idea that you might be too fast doesn't seem unreasonable.
    01-01-17 05:41 PM
    How long have you had the SE and what other phones did you have prior? Just asking as the SE has a soft keyboard, and could be detecting you doing a long press.
    01-01-17 06:01 PM
    No. I was saying the complaints I see others making, and in general, over the years. I didn't mean me, or specifically the Silver Passport.

Me?

7100t > 8700g > 8800 > 9700 > 9900, as well as a 9650 and some 9900 series variant on VZW > Z10 > original Passport > Silver Passport

Have been using the silver for a few months now.

I tend to type fast too, and have to go back and correct what autocorrect either doesn't catch or changes to something I didn't intend. I have probably seen what you are talking about and didn't think anything about it.

EDIT: I'm not sure that was a 9700 series device on VZW. It was a work device and I didn't think much about it. Now I'm trying to remember and figure out what it was. But it would be a VZW device before the 9900.

EDIT 2: That would have been a 9650. I've edited the body of my post.
    Last edited by aiharkness; 01-01-17 at 06:27 PM.
    Slash82 likes this.
    01-01-17 06:11 PM
    Was referring to the OP
    01-01-17 07:36 PM
    I have the same problem too on the black Passport. It's because you're still holding the shift key when typing the first letter, so it thinks you'll want to capitalize the second letter too.

It's baffling to how there isn't any option to prevent it. Your only option is to type slowly, or to hold the keyboard letter a half-second instead. Re-initializing your phone won't change anything, I've tried.

Worst thing is, enable auto-correct and it capitalizes the entire word to turn it into "TRIBE" instead of either leaving it at "TRibe" or better yet just "Tribe."
    Slash82, Zeratul57 and andy957 like this.
    01-01-17 07:41 PM
    Was referring to the OP
    My bad. My brain playing ticks on me.
    01-01-17 07:44 PM
    Never had that problem... I personally don't like to type too fast on the passport or any other KB phone. I love hearing the tactile feedback and looking at my fingers glide through the keyboard while I type. :-D

Posted via CB10
    01-01-17 10:13 PM
    Thank you for all your replies!
    I might have to slow down my typing speed then...

Oh to the questions, which devices I had before - the ones with physical keyboards were:
    Classic, 9900, 9790, 8900, 8310, 8700 and I never had that problem before...
    That's why I was wondering if my Passport is a lemon.
    01-02-17 03:21 PM
    I get the second letter cap sometimes too. Those os7 KB were for sure faster. No word predictions those and no sensitive KB.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    01-03-17 10:40 AM