I am having an issue with the new to me Passport SE, I've started a security wipe and it seems to stop a around the 50% mark.

Press and hold power button until red led come on the wipe process appears to restart and at approx. 50% complete the device goes black

repeat the above step and same thing happens, BB Link does not see the device during the process?

what am I doing wrong
    02-01-18 08:14 AM
    I am having an issue with the new to me Passport SE, I've started a security wipe and it seems to stop a around the 50% mark.

Press and hold power button until red led come on the wipe process appears to restart and at approx. 50% complete the device goes black

repeat the above step and same thing happens, BB Link does not see the device during the process?

what am I doing wrong
    It's a problem that is very common with BB10, failed wipe or one that takes days.

Good news is you can reload the OS with an Autoloader to get you up and running again https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post10289712
    02-01-18 08:25 AM
    Update,

during the first attempt I noticed that the screen was not actually turned off black it still had a wee bit of glow as if the device went to sleep. It occurred to me that the wipe is not failing but rather the screen is timing out at 50% (approx) and the process is still on going.

On the 3rd time I pressed the power button to restart the process again. I waited until 45% complete at that point I tapped the screen to bring up the % value and kept holding it or rather tapped periodically as not not let the screen time out...and guess what...the process was going on and I kept this up until the wipe was completed (only took about 10 minutes from that point.)

My theory is the screen time out at least on my device but the process is still on going I could attempt a new security wipe to test the theory but no wasted too much time on this.

Backup and running
    02-01-18 09:02 AM
    Update,

during the first attempt I noticed that the screen was not actually turned off black it still had a wee bit of glow as if the device went to sleep. It occurred to me that the wipe is not failing but rather the screen is timing out at 50% (approx) and the process is still on going.

On the 3rd time I pressed the power button to restart the process again. I waited until 45% complete at that point I tapped the screen to bring up the % value and kept holding it or rather tapped periodically as not not let the screen time out...and guess what...the process was going on and I kept this up until the wipe was completed (only took about 10 minutes from that point.)

My theory is the screen time out at least on my device but the process is still on going I could attempt a new security wipe to test the theory but no wasted too much time on this.

Backup and running
    First time I had one go over two hours... I simply stopped doing Wipes - Autoloader is good enough for me. It's a common issue, some have had it happen and it completed after days. Me, I'm not that patient.

Glad you are up and running.
    02-01-18 11:49 AM
    I had the same problem, I removed the sim card and all worked.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-18 12:15 PM