09-26-17 02:38 AM
63 123
tools
    ssame, whats happn of SE?

 BlackBerry Z10 STL100-2 / 10.3.3.2163
    02-09-17 09:50 PM
    After looking at the battery saving mode options I don't think that would have much effect. The screen already blanks out after a few minutes and the only advanced interaction I have turned on is swipe to wake.

I'll try it tonight and let you know what happens.
    With battery saving mode turned on overnight (8 hrs) the battery level dropped from 100% to 96%.
    02-10-17 04:52 AM
    I had this problem with the SE already with 10.3.2. It has discussed in a German BB forum as well.

With the OG I can shut off a year and still have it half full of power. With the SE after a few days it is totally empty.

That's why I already went back to a OG months ago. I am switching between Q10 and Passport and sometimes my Passport has to wait a week for his next use. Than I want a fully powered Passport.

And of course I find the design of the OG much much cooler . I love this all black

To summ it up.
    I think this power drain is not about of this 3.3 update. This was before!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 04:03 AM
    I had this problem with the SE already with 10.3.2. It has discussed in a German BB forum as well.

With the OG I can shut off a year and still have it half full of power. With the SE after a few days it is totally empty.

That's why I already went back to a OG months ago. I am switching between Q10 and Passport and sometimes my Passport has to wait a week for his next use. Than I want a fully powered Passport.

And of course I find the design of the OG much much cooler . I love this all black

To summ it up.
    I think this power drain is not about of this 3.3 update. This was before!

Posted via CB10
    I think you're right about the problem not being related to 10.3.3.
    I've started leaving my SE on all the time and switch it to airplane mode when I'm not using it. The battery drain overnight is only about 1% when I do this.

What's an OG?
    02-11-17 08:06 AM
    People say OG all the time. I think it refers to Original Generation, or so. So he is just referring to the regular passport.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    02-11-17 10:34 AM
    People say OG all the time. I think it refers to Original Generation, or so. So he is just referring to the regular passport.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    Thanks. OG is much easier to say/type than "old original black passport"
    02-11-17 11:12 AM
    Try drAining battery to 50%, then shutting down the passport for a few days. Someone told me the charge is held more steadily at that level than at 100%.
    02-24-17 07:59 PM
    I feel you on this one. I have the same problem with my SE. I will def reach out to blackberry about this but its suck because i purchased this through a third party vendor and its the international unlocked version so if it is a recall i might not be able to get a replace and or help, but none the less I will try. I just though adding that I have the issue wouldn't make you feel alone. **** sucks
    03-02-17 08:43 PM
    So no one is sure what is causing the drain of the PPSE (and Z10 apparently)? Odd the original PP doesn't suffer from this issue from what I'm reading, given it shares most of the same components apart from the keyboard/camera.
    03-24-17 03:18 AM
    That's what y'all get for even thinking about turning off your PP SE. LoL

I'm going to experiment with mine as well, I usually put it in bedside mode but I'm going to try airplane mode and do a few fixes that were suggested.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 05:18 AM
    My SE is 10.3.3.1435. Same problem, 3-4days off and battery drained. I'm going to try the power off method one member suggested about unplugging the USB charger after powering off while the light is still flashing. . .
    Love Passports tho, can't live without one =)
    05-17-17 09:34 AM
    Mine keeps discharging completely overnight, I won't switch it off as I have no landline so I prefer to leave it on, but when I wake up it's mostly dead. I don't think it should be.
    09-26-17 02:23 AM
    The last update broke it. Damn them.
    09-26-17 02:38 AM
63 123