Hi all,

Still using my Key2 silver I had the chance to buy a Passport SE in very good condition. Simply stunning device and I just love the layout and the overall experience of the device. I did some research here on CB and installed Cobalt etc and got most (essential) apps working. However instagram and google photo's still are an issue.
    Instagram will install and open but I can not get passed the login screen: the spinning circle keeps spinning.
    In Google Photo's there is nog option to sign in into my google account so I only see the pictures I made with the Passport (but not my library in Google Photos)
    Any advice?

Cheers,
    Mark
    09-17-20 12:37 PM
    I recently got a Passport SE as well, I love using the device, but after a bit of trying to get android apps to work, I found its not worth trying to get Google/android apps to work.

It's great for emailing and phone calls, and to start conversations
    Rico4you and 0Mark de Vries0 like this.
    09-17-20 12:41 PM
    I recently got a Passport SE as well, I love using the device, but after a bit of trying to get android apps to work, I found its not worth trying to get Google/android apps to work.

It's great for emailing and phone calls, and to start conversations
    I agree. I have my Passport SE in the drawer...have to admit awesome device but 6 year old tech. Today I need a device that has my apps supported and works without issues. For that using a KEY2 Red Edition Dual SIM 128gb which works perfectly. Next stop hopefully will be the new BlackBerry Onwardmobility mobility 5G android keyboard device.
    0Mark de Vries0 likes this.
    09-17-20 12:52 PM
    the runtime is 7 years old is why Instagram won't work. download igrann if you want a version of Instagram that "works" but not fully functional
    09-17-20 01:22 PM
    Also, Cobalt's method is dated and no longer needed. You should be able to to load Android apps directly from Yalp.

Enjoy your Passport.
    09-17-20 03:37 PM
    Hi all,

Still using my Key2 silver I had the chance to buy a Passport SE in very good condition. Simply stunning device and I just love the layout and the overall experience of the device. I did some research here on CB and installed Cobalt etc and got most (essential) apps working. However instagram and google photo's still are an issue.
    Instagram will install and open but I can not get passed the login screen: the spinning circle keeps spinning.
    In Google Photo's there is nog option to sign in into my google account so I only see the pictures I made with the Passport (but not my library in Google Photos)
    Any advice?

Cheers,
    Mark
    As said above, Igrann is a good alternative if you want an app or you can use Instagram 9.4.5 . Igrann won't show multiple pics, nor the Instagram app. Igrann will also no longer upload unfortunately.
    You best alternative may be to use Instagram.com on the stockbrowser - multiple pics, upload etc.
    Last edited by mikael11; 09-20-20 at 02:52 AM.
    09-18-20 08:23 AM
    iGram works like a charm indeed. I also had the insta lite app up and running but it sometimes crashes/wont start up. Thx for all the info
    09-30-20 05:40 AM
    iGram works like a charm indeed. I also had the insta lite app up and running but it sometimes crashes/wont start up. Thx for all the info
    I have this issue on both my Classic and Passport with the Instagram Lite and Facebook Lite apps.

They'll run for a bit and then next thing you know, they'll crash right after the loading screen every single time and the only way to fix it is to clear the data for the app and log in again.

Not sure how to fix this.
    09-30-20 07:33 AM
    What I found stable on Passport SE is Telegram X. No issues at all.
    09-30-20 09:29 AM