07-23-17 04:23 PM
68 123
    KEYone looks like a Passport SE that crashed into a Classic and melted.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.. u nailed it

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and elfabio80 like this.
    07-03-17 06:33 PM
    I have both a Passport and a KEYone. While the KEYone is very convenient due to it being Android... I keep coming back to my Passport.

The Passport is a delight to use. The format is somehow more comfortable for my hands, I dunno. I just get more tired typing on the KEYone. Just last night I was using the KEYone in my bed and thinking how I'd never got so tired typing or just holding the Passport.

It's also more comfortable for reading stuff. I also edit a whole lot of text on the go, so use my phones for this (as constant part of my job). The capacitive "touchpad" on the Passport just seems finer and more sensitive, easier to use, altogether.

For now, I'm keeping both, but I see myself getting something like a Jelly for the convenient parts of having an Android phone (notifications and my smartwatch, mostly), while keeping the Passport for everything else. It's just a better device with, unfortunately, a no longer maintained operating system.
    Mcimac and dmlis like this.
    07-06-17 05:54 AM
    I use my passport alongside an iPhone 6s plus. Debating getting rid of the plus for the keyone

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    07-06-17 07:27 AM
    I tried out a KeyOne at a local phoen store and I don't know if I was using a poor quality plastic mockup but it felt like total junk compared to my Passport. Especially the keyboard. You press one key and the keys adjacent to the key being pressed also go down. That doesn't happen on my PP where each button is completely independant.

I'm not sure if it's just lowered expectations but how anyone can think the KeyOne feels premium is beyond me. It feels anything but. The Passport feels like an advanced alien object of unknown space-age materials compared to the KeyOne.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    07-07-17 02:40 PM
    The phone market is keeping Passport the best productivity phone tirelessly.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 03:22 AM
    Frankly the passport looks way too cool comparative to the KeyOne. Keeping my passport for longer. Truly wish bb came up with one upgrade for the passport that had 4GB ram and maybe running Android on the side. It would be a killer. This passport is truly a beast. The Kraken ain't got anything on him.

Posted via CB10
    markmall likes this.
    07-08-17 09:30 AM
    Passport better phone.
    Keyone OK for the apps but that's where it starts and ends

Posted via Blackberry Passport silver Edition
    07-16-17 11:39 AM
    For those of you that want a device that's two years old..maybe but the KEYone is a device that will get monthly patches where bb10 will be lucky to get one final maintenance update. For those that want to use the latest apps...not happening on bb10. For those that want a better camera, you've got the best you're gonna get on the Passport. There is still a lot of folks rock'n legacy devices and I have nothing but respect for them, gave up my last legacy device the day bb10 was released , I also gave up my passport the day the Priv was released. For me....its time to move on. With respect to the comment that android will never be as good as Bb10, it's kinda hard to make a comment like that when bb10 is basically dead in the water and Android has so much life left in it.
    Well, looks like Android will be replaced by Fucsia (or something like that), so it is that not far from death. Moreover with K1's specs and Android the device will be too slow for the current release of apps on 1,5 years or 2 (as a heavy Android user I learnt that you should get the most modern processor you can buy if you want your device to last 2+ years rocking).
    K1 is your best choice if you need PKB, use a lot of apps and you can afford switching devices every 2 years, but it is not that good if you want something more future proof. If you need a BB that will last longer and can survive without PKB, dtek60 is far better.

And if you are a heavy email / BB messenger user, PP SE is your best choice ;-)

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 04:11 PM
    me quedo mil vece con la passport la keyone me parece estrecha crei que cuando fueran a sacar una nueva clasica escojerian a la passport de diseño podria ser he sido mas alta pero con la misma pantalla ancha y fuera mas delgada te aseguro que la venta fuera descomunal y claro hera corrido androi hibrido la verda no me gusta keyone pero un futuro hay que usarlo
    07-20-17 09:02 PM
    I personally this the Key one is an ugly phone. Plus it does not seem to me so solid.... the screen issue and the poor customer care some users are facing make me stay really really away from it.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 01:06 AM
    I would like to hear comparison of battery life between these two devices.

Bush did bb10
    I have both. Battery on the keyone is just as good as SE.

-passport SE
    07-21-17 09:29 AM
    Keyone will never be greater than passport because it's android. I am not saying android is bad but keyone won't last two years with this spec. Also, BB10 is still better than android IMO.
    Must be why you're Krazy lol
    07-21-17 10:00 AM
    Only a new passport can be better than a passport.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    07-22-17 06:37 AM
    Newer is better. People just want the new phones because they are better. At least they are more up to the trend.
    I tried a galaxy s8 yesterday, it has an eye catching design, but use the phone it was a headache. I'm not saying it is a bad phone, just passport is so much better. Same story I suppose with key one. The display is a big stepback from passport. If I'd celebrate to change from 27" display to 22".

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 01:02 PM
    Wish the K1 had flagship specs.
    07-23-17 03:50 PM
    I'm curious if tcl will released a beefed up K1 with top specs. Android devices seem to age and slow with each new android update.
    07-23-17 03:51 PM
    Any thoughts on build quality of the pp se vs k1
    07-23-17 03:52 PM
    Passport hardware is much better. I sold my keyone but it was mostly due to microphone being very low volume and 625 sd pro just not powerful enough to keep android flawlessly moving along.
    Editing photos with ps was awful on keyone

Posted via Blackberry Passport silver Edition
    07-23-17 04:23 PM
68 123