Why K1 hands down? What are the advantages of a K1? Discuss!

Posted via CB10
    It's 2017...do I need to say more? Don't get me wrong I loved my passport, but I had no issue switching to the Priv on release , dtek60 on release...and now KEYone

BlackBerry made it quite clear of the direction they are going over two years ago.

I loved my Passport , but it was always a bulky device, never felt right in the pocket. I'm not a holster guy, nor do I have gray hair or mom jeans. The keyone feels way better in the pocket , App access is superior , N alone (modern OS).....I can keep going.

The Passport still looks sharp but beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    super_rigel likes this.
    05-27-17 01:31 PM
    I'd choose the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition.
    super_rigel likes this.
    05-27-17 05:39 PM
    !

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    05-27-17 06:26 PM
    Keyone will never be greater than passport because it's android. I am not saying android is bad but keyone won't last two years with this spec. Also, BB10 is still better than android IMO.
    gruv4u likes this.
    05-27-17 06:57 PM
    Keyone will never be greater than passport because it's android. I am not saying android is bad but keyone won't last two years with this spec. Also, BB10 is still better than android IMO.
    For those of you that want a device that's two years old..maybe but the KEYone is a device that will get monthly patches where bb10 will be lucky to get one final maintenance update. For those that want to use the latest apps...not happening on bb10. For those that want a better camera, you've got the best you're gonna get on the Passport. There is still a lot of folks rock'n legacy devices and I have nothing but respect for them, gave up my last legacy device the day bb10 was released , I also gave up my passport the day the Priv was released. For me....its time to move on. With respect to the comment that android will never be as good as Bb10, it's kinda hard to make a comment like that when bb10 is basically dead in the water and Android has so much life left in it.
    05-27-17 09:23 PM
    I have two Passports. When I get the money set aside, i'll gladly get a KEYone but i'll keep my Passports running too. I want the flexibility of Android, the security of a BlackBerry, and a physical keyboard. I'm quite used to the Passport. I have access to excel spreadsheets and word docs, though I can't convert to and from pdf. Android will offer some useful options, but I'll also be running OS10 as long as my Passports hold out.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-27-17 09:47 PM
    I have two Passports. When I get the money set aside, i'll gladly get a KEYone but i'll keep my Passports running too. I want the flexibility of Android, the security of a BlackBerry, and a physical keyboard. I'm quite used to the Passport. I have access to excel spreadsheets and word docs, though I can't convert to and from pdf. Android will offer some useful options, but I'll also be running OS10 as long as my Passports hold out.

Posted via CB10
    Now this I get!
    Mcimac likes this.
    05-27-17 10:17 PM
    I would like to know too how fast android apps open on each of them? Like WhatsApp etc. Would be interesting to see as the K1 does not have the latest and greatest chip and lags sometimes from what I've seen, heard and read.
    K1 is an android OS. If it doesn't open android apps faster, then its a fail.
    05-27-17 11:18 PM
    It's 2017...do I need to say more? Don't get me wrong I loved my passport, but I had no issue switching to the Priv on release , dtek60 on release...and now KEYone

BlackBerry made it quite clear of the direction they are going over two years ago.

I loved my Passport , but it was always a bulky device, never felt right in the pocket. I'm not a holster guy, nor do I have gray hair or mom jeans. The keyone feels way better in the pocket , App access is superior , N alone (modern OS).....I can keep going.

The Passport still looks sharp but beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    I can't understand how people fit candy bar sized monstrosities in their pockets. They are too long.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 02:59 AM
    The K1 is a mid-grade phone by anyone's measure. If you're really more concerned about having a blazing fast Android phone than having the unique BlackBerry experience the K1 is trying to offer, just buy an S7 and get over it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 06:30 AM
    I'm sorry but the KeyOne looks like a mess. Too tall and too narrow.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Passport is too wide/awkward to handle comfortably. Also has a wacky 3-row PKB.
    05-28-17 08:06 AM
    Wow it's big. My K1 is coming next week. Not sure I'm going to liked having such a huge phone.
    05-28-17 09:51 AM
    My K1 is coming today. Any minute now. I want more apps and I love the look of K1. The PP is an awesome phone, but new apps, I need them. And PP is just a little too big, I need a change. PP will be hard to replace. I may go back to it on occasion. I'm sure I'll use it to browse around the house.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 02:42 PM
    I still think the Passport looks better and feels better in the hand.
    All the apps I need work fine so I'll stick with my passport.
    Google maps..google voice...google photo....waze....heart rate plus app and many more, I can watch my cable app with no hiccup.
    Only wish my bank apps worked.

Thanks Cobalt for the app work.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and super_rigel like this.
    06-16-17 07:14 PM
    KEYone looks like a Passport SE that crashed into a Classic and melted.

Posted via CB10
    and due to this crash K1 screen pop up??

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-16-17 07:29 PM
    and due to this crash K1 screen pop up??

Maybe. But it's still ugly. If only they had made the entire phone BLACK or the entire phone SILVER. But not the Cruella-de-Vil black and silver.
    06-16-17 07:32 PM
    Maybe. But it's still ugly. If only they had made the entire phone BLACK or the entire phone SILVER. But not the Cruella-de-Vil black and silver.
    it doesn't look ugly to me and many others

06-16-17 08:21 PM
    it doesn't look ugly to me and many others

To each his own.
    06-16-17 08:22 PM
    Passport SE is still a modern device

Even when it's not modern, it will be modern for me. My fav BlackBerry to date. Going to buy the KeyOne soon and see what the hype is about, the phone looks great.. but I know the PassportSE will top it off because it's a true legacy BlackBerry and it has no flaws.

Posted via CB10
    super_rigel likes this.
    06-17-17 12:14 AM
    BB10 better.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 06:47 PM
    Even when it's not modern, it will be modern for me. My fav BlackBerry to date. Going to buy the KeyOne soon and see what the hype is about, the phone looks great.. but I know the PassportSE will top it off because it's a true legacy BlackBerry and it has no flaws.

Posted via CB10
    I have SE and keyone combo! very good combination as both devices look identical.

keyone is very good device battery vise

07-01-17 05:48 AM
    I can't understand how people fit candy bar sized monstrosities in their pockets. They are too long.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. I don't know how Keyone. Feels in the pocket but I did compare a Note 4 with my Passport. Note 4 is taller than the Passport and the Passport is wider. Passport feels better in the pocket and the Note 4 is uncomfortable.
    Better wide than tall.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 01:48 AM
    I think both phones excel in certain areas. I'm really enjoying my KeyONE but I must say I miss my Passport SE! Long live the berry!
    07-02-17 08:46 PM
    I have to agree with you, I when into the store and tried it out, it is not only too small of a screen, it also too tall and nowhere near solid device as the Passport. To me if compared the build quality, the Keyone looks dirt cheap build device in comparison. So Keyone will not an option for me unless the have a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    07-03-17 07:48 AM
    KEYone looks like a Passport SE that crashed into a Classic and melted.

Posted via CB10
    LOL.. u nailed it

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and elfabio80 like this.
    07-03-17 06:33 PM
67 123