So I've been obsessively searching for cases since I got my phone last week. I bought the OEM flip case and it's terrible and overpriced even with the labor day discount I got. I emailed some companies that made nice cases for the original passport to see if they had plans for the SE and had no luck. I was really hoping for a Vaja so I was disappointed when they told me no Stilgut had so many mixed reviews but it looks like that is my only option for a nice looking leather case. Then I had to choose between the clip or the cutouts for led and speaker. I choose clip for longevity as some people complained of the non-clip version sliding and opening in their bags/pockets causing the phone screen to turn off and on. Lastly, this black case I ordered has white contrast stitching which looks ugly and cheap imho so I will use an ultra fine point sharpie to make the stitches black.

Why can't someone make a nice looking case with a clip AND the cutouts?! It's sad I love my phone so much but have to settle on a mediocre case. I know many people love Stilgut cases and I know I am being very picky about little details, but I'd rather buy a very nice case from the get go rather than have to replace it because it's ugly or bad quality.

Anyone else have luck finding a case they are 100% happy with for their SE?
    Last edited by CrazyCraftLady; 09-15-15 at 02:34 PM. Reason: formating
    joseanmx likes this.
    09-15-15 01:07 PM
    Im looking for one as well.
    09-15-15 01:43 PM
    Same boat here. Love the phone naked but zero protection! Right now I'm using a PD air sleeve when the phone is in my pocket but I'd also like to have a nice case.

Passport SE case-img_0937.jpg

Sent via SE Passport
    09-15-15 02:15 PM
    Same boat here. Love the phone naked but zero protection! Right now I'm using a PD air sleeve when the phone is in my pocket but I'd also like to have a nice case.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0937.JPG 
Views:	2621 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	371409

Sent via SE Passport
    That looks pretty good.
    I'm still waiting to receive my Passport SE but I don't plan on using a case. I avoid phone cases whenever I can.

I'll use a screen protector but that's probably it. I just hope that I don't scratch the silver paint off with my ring.
    09-15-15 02:45 PM
    That looks pretty good.
    I'm still waiting to receive my Passport SE but I don't plan on using a case. I avoid phone cases whenever I can.

I'll use a screen protector but that's probably it. I just hope that I don't scratch the silver paint off with my ring.
    I can understand that. I was tempted to not use a case when I first saw it because its too nice to be covered, but it feels awkward in my hand without a little more thickness because I had a tank of a case on my last phone.
    09-15-15 02:52 PM
    I can understand that. I was tempted to not use a case when I first saw it because its too nice to be covered, but it feels awkward in my hand without a little more thickness because I had a tank of a case on my last phone.
    I think most phones could use more thickness. I don't know why there is an obsession from manufacturers to try to make the phone skinnier. The only benefit I see is being easier to stick in your jean's pockets.

A thicker phone is almost always easier to clasp in your hand.

I had a Spigen Slim Armor case on my LG G2, that thing was awesome. Looks great and provided the right amount of protection without unnecessary bulk. If they made one for the Passport SE, I'd definitely consider buying one.
    CrazyCraftLady likes this.
    09-15-15 03:02 PM
    Whatever happened to the traditional BlackBerry leather pouch that was never introduced for the Passport?? The pouch design was (and still is for the Classic and Z30) one of the BlackBerry features that I am sure most of us cherish and is one thing that would make all of us feel good about our Passport purchase. Is the Passport too big to have the classic pouch?? I know that even the Playbook had a similar leather pouch and don't understand why BlackBerry continues to ignore this obvious Passport marketing defect. As exceptionally beautiful as the SE design is, it is also vulnerable to scratches... I can't believe that BlackBerry seems to be so insensitive to this high demand... and no... I think that the look-alike pouch from China is far from the real McCoy.
    Passport SE case-5.jpg

Posted via CB10
    ruben1975 likes this.
    09-15-15 03:24 PM
    Whatever happened to the traditional BlackBerry leather pouch that was never introduced for the Passport?? The pouch design was (and still is for the Classic and Z30) one of the BlackBerry features that I am sure most of us cherish and is one thing that would make all of us feel good about our Passport purchase. Is the Passport too big to have the classic pouch?? I know that even the Playbook had a similar leather pouch and don't understand why BlackBerry continues to ignore this obvious Passport marketing defect. As exceptionally beautiful as the SE design is, it is also vulnerable to scratches... I can't believe that BlackBerry seems to be so insensitive to this high demand... and no... I think that the look-alike pouch from China is far from the real McCoy.
    Posted via CB10
    I have the pouch for my Z30. Although I think it looks nice and feels nice, in the end, I found it clunky and not easy to use.
    09-15-15 03:35 PM
    I went ahead and ordered the Stilgut flip case

Amazon.com
    09-15-15 03:47 PM
    I have the pouch for my Z30. Although I think it looks nice and feels nice, in the end, I found it clunky and not easy to use.
    Sorry to hear that... I still have the BlackBerry pouch for both my 9810 and Q10 and think the design is minimal, details well thought out, and also resilient against regular wear and tear.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 03:50 PM
    Sorry to hear that... I still have the BlackBerry pouch for both my 9810 and Q10 and think the design is minimal, details well thought out, and also resilient against regular wear and tear.

Posted via CB10
    Man it would look silly to pull out the passport from a leather pouch! Plus the phone is much wider than others it would be difficult (kinda)

But there is always the 150$ holster... how to NOT sell any holsters lol
    09-15-15 04:05 PM
    But there is always the 150$ holster... how to NOT sell any holsters lol
    Yup.... what were they thinking with that one... or weren't...

Posted via CB10
    bigedschukar likes this.
    09-15-15 04:11 PM
    I went ahead and ordered the Stilgut flip case

Amazon.com
    Good luck... hope you like it. Please post some pics and your experience if you get a chance.

Posted via CB10
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-15-15 04:15 PM
    Not a fan of pouches especially open like that on the top, maybe because I put my phone in my purse. It looks like much of the top and sides is exposed to scratches and dings if it gets dropped. I can see the appeal for people who put it in their pocket though.
    09-15-15 04:39 PM
    Hi,

I ordered the Stilgut case today Link

The nappa one without the clip. I had the Stilgut one for the original Passport and its quality is superior.

FWIW
    09-15-15 04:50 PM
    Not a fan of pouches especially open like that on the top, maybe because I put my phone in my purse. It looks like much of the top and sides is exposed to scratches and dings if it gets dropped. I can see the appeal for people who put it in their pocket though.
    You may like this design from Khacten.
    Passport SE case-p_20141119080903_1.jpg

http://home.khacten.com/home/?q=Pass...44&opt=search#

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 04:59 PM
    The pouch is a little short buts works great in my pocket. I just went to At&t and bought the Body Glove case on sale for the At&t PP and really like the case and holster! It adds a little thickness and I also like the holster part of it.

I hope they come out with something like this for the SE. I thought I like the phone naked, but I'm clumsy and WILL eventually drop it.

Sent via SE Passport
    09-15-15 05:01 PM
    Do you guys not like the OEM flex shell for the SE?
    09-16-15 12:58 AM
    Do you guys not like the OEM flex shell for the SE?
    I personally did not like the inferior quality of both the flip and flex cases so I returned my bundled SE purchase... the leather was blatantly a paper thin veneer over something cheaper and not even properly aligned with the substrate, unlike the quality of the classic BlackBerry pouch imo. I will eventually purchase an SE if and ever BlackBerry introduces a pouch or something else that I like. Meanwhile, I am enjoying my OG Passport protected inside the OEM hard shell.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 03:32 AM
    I personally did not like the inferior quality of both the flip and flex cases so I returned my bundled SE purchase... the leather was blatantly a paper thin veneer over something cheaper and not even properly aligned with the substrate, unlike the quality of the classic BlackBerry pouch imo. I will eventually purchase an SE if and ever BlackBerry introduces a pouch or something else that I like. Meanwhile, I am enjoying my OG Passport protected inside the OEM hard shell.

Posted via CB10
    Ya that flip case was terrible, BlackBerry should be embarrassed to have their logo on it. I didn't get the bundle so I didn't see the flex case myself. I returned the flip, the Stilgut I ordered can't be any worse.
    09-16-15 09:03 AM
    I guess the PD air sleeve isn't too bad then for now.

I'll have to go take a look at the OEM stuff for the SE.

Sent via SE Passport
    09-16-15 09:13 AM
    I have had a case made for me from Etsy. This lady makes a beautiful case and it fits the SE perfectly. I install the on off magnet in the case myself with just a piece of soft velcro over it. Highly recommended.Passport SE case-leferbazietsy.jpg

Here is the link to the iphone 6 case but she knows the Passport and all you have to do is ask. ~$55.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2098995...home_active_24
    09-16-15 10:49 AM
    Ahh good idea, Etsy is an awesome site. I crochet pouches for kindles but never did a phone before. Might have to add some of those to my product lineup!
    09-16-15 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    The leather quality on the SE flex is better than the OG flex but still not great. It also makes the SE slippery whereas a case-less SE has amazing grip. I feel much safer without the flex case.
    09-16-15 12:14 PM
    The leather quality on the SE flex is better than the OG flex but still not great. It also makes the SE slippery whereas a case-less SE has amazing grip. I feel much safer without the flex case.
    The SE has the perfect hardware design... on par with the Macbook Air. However, after seeing the bundled cases I fear BlackBerry is not even aware of how good the SE design is...

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    09-16-15 12:30 PM
73 123