Hi everybody!

A month ago, I bought a Passport SE in Indonesia. This is the first time I use Blackberry. In terms of productivity, this is the best phone I've ever had. The hub is superb. I used iPhone and an android before and both of them can't beat blackberry's email management It's display is also one of the best among the flagship smartphones.

Nevertheless, several days ago I found something uncomfortable with my Passport SE. The build quality is quite awful. It seems the right side of the display is lifting. Its plastic back cover is also not solid, not firmly stick to steel frame.

Of course, it's hot, particularly when we use more than one app at the same time.

A week after I bought it, the enter key is become quiet loose. I think enter key is the most important key in all blackberry phone. It's really uncomfortable.

Yes, we may say iPhone is a toy, but except iPhone 6, its build quality is rock solid. I am very dissapointed with this condition.

Question:
    Is the warranty covers all of my problems mentioned above?

Thank you all.

P.S. : Dear Blackberry limited, if you care enough with first-timers who previously use iphone like me, you should work hard to make your hardware more sophisticated. I still want to use blackberry, but it's also easy to leave it if there's no improvement. Build quality is a big deal for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 11:50 PM
    I'm also from Indonesia and has been using my OG Passport for a year. Bought it at ITC Fatmawati, where I also bought my Z10 and Q10. So far I have no complaint regarding the built quality--of all three items. The Passport has been dropped quite a few times but not even a scratch on it or whatnot. Still runs just as fast and efficient. I'm grateful for it.

Regarding your SE, I think it's just a matter of bad luck of having bought an inferior built of the device. If you still have your warranty period, I'd suggest to return the device to be repaired or replaced with a new one. It's even better if you bought it onsite at a physical store instead of online. Depending on the store, as long as you keep the receipt and is still within the warranty period, I'm pretty sure they'll cover it.

Good luck, yo.
    01-22-16 10:43 AM
    Why is always someone from this part of the world posts here who bought a defective phone with no warranty. So sad.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    01-22-16 03:27 PM
    Hi everybody!

A month ago, I bought a Passport SE in Indonesia. This is the first time I use Blackberry. In terms of productivity, this is the best phone I've ever had. The hub is superb. I used iPhone and an android before and both of them can't beat blackberry's email management It's display is also one of the best among the flagship smartphones.

Nevertheless, several days ago I found something uncomfortable with my Passport SE. The build quality is quite awful. It seems the right side of the display is lifting. Its plastic back cover is also not solid, not firmly stick to steel frame.

Of course, it's hot, particularly when we use more than one app at the same time.

A week after I bought it, the enter key is become quiet loose. I think enter key is the most important key in all blackberry phone. It's really uncomfortable.

Yes, we may say iPhone is a toy, but except iPhone 6, its build quality is rock solid. I am very dissapointed with this condition.

Question:
    Is the warranty covers all of my problems mentioned above?

Thank you all.

P.S. : Dear Blackberry limited, if you care enough with first-timers who previously use iphone like me, you should work hard to make your hardware more sophisticated. I still want to use blackberry, but it's also easy to leave it if there's no improvement. Build quality is a big deal for me.

Posted via CB10
    Iphone Warranty covers the many problems they have too.

01-22-16 03:28 PM
    I'm also from Indonesia and has been using my OG Passport for a year. Bought it at ITC Fatmawati, where I also bought my Z10 and Q10. So far I have no complaint regarding the built quality--of all three items. The Passport has been dropped quite a few times but not even a scratch on it or whatnot. Still runs just as fast and efficient. I'm grateful for it.

Regarding your SE, I think it's just a matter of bad luck of having bought an inferior built of the device. If you still have your warranty period, I'd suggest to return the device to be repaired or replaced with a new one. It's even better if you bought it onsite at a physical store instead of online. Depending on the store, as long as you keep the receipt and is still within the warranty period, I'm pretty sure they'll cover it.

Good luck, yo.
    Ah, I'm glad there's an Indonesian here. Thank you! I bought my Passport SE at Erafone physical store. Should I return the device to Erafone or to the BlackBerry Expert Center?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 01:12 AM
    Iphone Warranty covers the many problems they have too.

Yes, It's easy to claim the warranty of an iPhone. I think BlackBerry should looks at how Apple treats its consumers.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 01:15 AM
    Ah, I'm glad there's an Indonesian here. Thank you! I bought my Passport SE at Erafone physical store. Should I return the device to Erafone or to the BlackBerry Expert Center?

Posted via CB10
    Methinks you should try Erafone, first. Please make sure you still keep the receipt and that the warranty period is still covered.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 01-23-16 at 01:55 AM.
    01-23-16 01:44 AM
    Ugh... The dreaded screen lift issue. Sorry to hear your Passport has it. Hoping it gets fixed/replaced.

*ME173X
    01-23-16 02:24 AM
    Methinks you should try Erafone, first. Please make sure you still keep the receipt and that the warranty period is still covered.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 02:44 AM
    Ugh... The dreaded screen lift issue. Sorry to hear your Passport has it. Hoping it gets fixed/replaced.

*ME173X
    I wish. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 02:46 AM
    Yesterday I went to Erafone, the store I bought my Passport SE. It's the official distributor of BlackBerry in Indonesia. Actually they have replacement policy but unfortunately the device can be replaced before 24 hours after transaction.

Then I go the BlackBerry Expert Center, which is at the same place with Lenovo Service Center (ah, poor BlackBerry). They said that it's possible to be repaired but there's no replacement.

Suddenly I miss Apple's post-sales service. It's easy, fast, standardized, and full of certainty.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 10:57 PM
    I have been having issues with build quality myself. I have gone through probably 5 different SE's, all straight from Shop BlackBerry and returned, and each have had build quality issues: screen lift, loose keyboard cover, uneven keyboard cover. I'm thinking that I will now just stick to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 11:51 AM
    Just a quick observation on the screen lift issue. I feel like ambient temperature and humidity probably plays a factor. If you are in a climate like the tropics I'm wondering if separation of the adhesive is much more likely than much cooler temperature. It's winter here where I am and my phone rarely gets warm. Only time I notice it on the top right is when I do a reboot. Makes me wonder how warm it'll get when the ambient temp is much warmer.

It'll be! interesting to see which parts of the world of people are seeing issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 12:22 AM