After a year of use the Passport SE keyboard has seen some light bleeding under the letter 'C'. Not sure what caused it but it's not a major issue. Nothing in life is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 05:50 PM
    I think the build quality of the Passport SE is on par with the top manufactured phones out there. The precision drilled holes, chamfered metal edging and solid buttons are top notch. The only thing I'd complain about is the power button not being as raised/clicky as other phones I've used. But that being said, I use the 'u' button to unlock the phone and usually let the auto lock feature power the screen down. Overall I'd give the build quality an A.

At least, that's my unit. I know production runs may vary. These observations are based on just my unit.

I've had many iPhones before and I agree with one of the previous comments that their build quality is among the best on phones out there. But other manufacturers are are starting to come up to par with them.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 08:14 PM
    My problem is only the rusty blackberry logo at the back, other than that, this phone is perfect!

From  PPSE
    09-09-16 09:46 PM
    the screen lifts. thats the one widespread issue
    09-09-16 10:57 PM
    the screen lifts. thats the one widespread issue
    It did happen and was an issue, don't know about how "widespread" it really is. I haven't seen any new posts on that topic for a very long time.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 06:25 AM
    If you describe volume keys on an iphone as beautifully engineered, you've successfully been brainwashed by Apple. They're just volume keys. My SE has no issues with volume keys and they work as good as any phone keys.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    Exactly. Like, wow, what amazing volume keys. Too bad typing on a iPhone makes me want to weep, but great volume keys.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 12:08 PM
    not true.

every blackberry phone after the Z30 has had terrible, loose, jangly, difficult to actuate volume keys. I've echanged so many Passports trying to get a decent copy. The Classic is better on average, but I've had multiple copies with partially recessed power keys that are difficult to click. And the Priv is by far the worst offender. Super cheap feeling volume keys that aren't solid and rock back and forth. Just loose, poorly designed garbage.

The iPhone volume keys are solid. They even have rubber gaskets around the key to prevent intrusion of liquid. They're always solid and feel good, whereas the post-Z30 design is almost always flimsy and defective.

The Q10/Z30 volume key design was a thing of beauty, however, and I never mistakenly clicked the wrong key as I often do with the new design.

Posted via CB10
    You have actually "exchanged SO many " Passports in search of perfect volume keys?!?! Really? So, anyone working in that mobile store must cringe when they see you coming. Oh good, here comes that psycho that keeps swapping his phone because the volume keys aren't perfect. Listen to yourself man! It's ridiculous!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 12:14 PM
    It did happen and was an issue, don't know about how "widespread" it really is. I haven't seen any new posts on that topic for a very long time.

Posted via CB10
    I bought an SE at launch from ShopBB and one from Amazon months later. Same issue.

People have opened these up and the adhesive used is just way to weak, especially with the processor in the upper right corner. Just a the wrong adhesive used. So unless they switched to a heavy duty adhesive, I doubt there are any SE's without screen lift.

I've never heard of an SE without screen lift. Does anyone on the forum have one?
    09-10-16 12:40 PM
    You have actually "exchanged SO many " Passports in search of perfect volume keys?!?! Really? So, anyone working in that mobile store must cringe when they see you coming. Oh good, here comes that psycho that keeps swapping his phone because the volume keys aren't perfect. Listen to yourself man! It's ridiculous!

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't only side keys. But on the topic: keys that are recessed, keys that don't click properly, keys that are so loose. The Q10/Z10/Z30 had a perfect side key design. The Classic and Passport had terrible side key design, and the Classic also had a terrible power key (same design as the side keys.

What's odd is that the UK version of the OG Passport is solid as a rock.

I don't know, it's important to me. BlackBerry has had some real manufacturing issues post-Z30.
    09-10-16 12:45 PM
    We purchased October 2015 a total of 35 Passports SE's for the office. To date we have had the following issues:
    Sometimes the backlit keyboard goes off but a quick reset and all ok. That's it nothing else..zilch..zero..nada!

No other issues it's more let's talk about the positives: amazing battery life on the avg 30 hours, fantastic keyboard regardless of the thousands and thousands of emails and use!, amazing speaker sound especially for conference speaker phone calls, could go on and on..

Summary: in the company we never have had such great devices..very pleased.

PD: we have this past june purchased 5 PRIV's also very pleased with NO issues whatsoever. Updated to latest security and apps.

PDD with iPhone devices we had issues always with bat life and finger print sensor not working right which did not enable user to open phone..we got fed up and switched to BLACKBERRY.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    09-10-16 03:00 PM
    We purchased October 2015 a total of 35 Passports SE's for the office. To date we have had the following issues:
    Sometimes the backlit keyboard goes off but a quick reset and all ok. That's it nothing else..zilch..zero..nada!

No other issues it's more let's talk about the positives: amazing battery life on the avg 30 hours, fantastic keyboard regardless of the thousands and thousands of emails and use!, amazing speaker sound especially for conference speaker phone calls, could go on and on..

Summary: in the company we never have had such great devices..very pleased.

PD: we have this past june purchased 5 PRIV's also very pleased with NO issues whatsoever. Updated to latest security and apps.

PDD with iPhone devices we had issues always with bat life and finger print sensor not working right which did not enable user to open phone..we got fed up and switched to BLACKBERRY.

No screen lift on any of the SE models? It's still functional, but no slightly raised glass in the top right corner on any models?

---

And on iPhones, I have an iPhone SE, and the build is pretty bad. Not holding up after two months of wear. Screen separating from body due to chassis bending (my iPhone 5 held up way better to more abuse than having my phone in my back pocket). The 6S is really solid though. Battery life is abysmal on both. And iOS is not as reliable as BB10 imo. Apps crash all the time. iMessages get held up.

Funny, I've bought an iPad case and iPhone SE case recently, new models of case and device. The cutouts have been pretty inaccurate, so bad as to cover up all the speaker holes. Whereas before, their QC on accessories has always been second to none. Apple's being cheap I think. Since Jobs died.
    09-11-16 06:57 AM
    No screen lift on any of the SE models? It's still functional, but no slightly raised glass in the top right corner on any models?

---

And on iPhones, I have an iPhone SE, and the build is pretty bad. Not holding up after two months of wear. Screen separating from body due to chassis bending (my iPhone 5 held up way better to more abuse than having my phone in my back pocket). The 6S is really solid though. Battery life is abysmal on both. And iOS is not as reliable as BB10 imo. Apps crash all the time. iMessages get held up.

Funny, I've bought an iPad case and iPhone SE case recently, new models of case and device. The cutouts have been pretty inaccurate, so bad as to cover up all the speaker holes. Whereas before, their QC on accessories has always been second to none. Apple's being cheap I think. Since Jobs died.
    Yes before posting we checked the PASSPORT SE's and all of perfect! No screen lift issue. Not sure how widespread?..

Agree with Apple quality overall Re OS and hardware. Not perfect as some say.

09-11-16 07:36 AM
    It wasn't only side keys. But on the topic: keys that are recessed, keys that don't click properly, keys that are so loose. The Q10/Z10/Z30 had a perfect side key design. The Classic and Passport had terrible side key design, and the Classic also had a terrible power key (same design as the side keys.

What's odd is that the UK version of the OG Passport is solid as a rock.

I don't know, it's important to me. BlackBerry has had some real manufacturing issues post-Z30.
    I haven't seen any of the quality issues you've mentioned, which is not to say that they don't exist. My apologies. And I shouldn't have said that you were a phone swapping psycho who made people cringe. It's just that when people start talking trash about BlackBerry volume keys, I get so angry gosh darn it!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 12:55 PM
    I haven't seen any of the quality issues you've mentioned, which is not to say that they don't exist. My apologies. And I shouldn't have said that you were a phone swapping psycho who made people cringe. It's just that when people start talking trash about BlackBerry volume keys, I get so angry gosh darn it!

Posted via CB10
    thanks for saying that. i am probably too picky about qc issues, but i'm happier to have found perfect passports and classics
    09-11-16 09:14 PM
    Passport SE Build Quality-img_20160914_213122.png

Found this on amazon and thought I'd share. Just goes to show the level of satisfaction with the Passport SE and Passport in general

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 08:32 PM
    I can assure you that The iphone 5 never got that good of rating even at launch! On Amazon.
    09-14-16 08:37 PM
    At launch of Passport...BlackBerry was overwhelmed with demand and they sold out and did not have sufficient stock. Did not think would sell so good at the start.

09-15-16 05:15 AM
    At launch of Passport...BlackBerry was overwhelmed with demand and they sold out and did not have sufficient stock. Did not think would sell so good at the start.

Yeah I'm sure the reason for selling out a couple of times is they made a limited amount of units. This does not mean it was a hit even though it is a spectacular product.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 09:05 AM
    Yeah I'm sure the reason for selling out a couple of times is they made a limited amount of units. This does not mean it was a hit even though it is a spectacular product.

Posted via CB10
    Demand at start was higher than supply. Their estimates fell short and they could have sold more at start..that 1st month were everybody wants it but there is waiting list and sold out.

09-15-16 09:10 AM
    Got'a say, for me one of the most powerful reasons for owning a Passport is the typing experience. We have to use a Note 4 at work and it just reminds me everyday why I left android and love typing on my Passport. Even with the select few apps I do wish I could have and have them work well on BB10, I still have everything I need and find myself typing a lot more than any of my friends when blogging or texting or whatever. I don't think I would be as satisfied on the Priv but I won't know cause I won't choose to buy one just to find out (android).
    This post is about Passport quality so I just thought I'd say how great the keyboard really is. Amazing!

If they made a Passport 2 running Android I would give it though but otherwise, NO!

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    09-17-16 07:15 AM
    I've never heard of an SE without screen lift. Does anyone on the forum have one?
    My Passport SE doesn't have a screen lift. Bought mine Nov 2015.

My Passport OG did have a lift, bought that one Oct 2014.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 09:05 AM
    My Passport SE doesn't have a screen lift. Bought mine Nov 2015.

My Passport OG did have a lift, bought that one Oct 2014.

Posted via CB10
    Have seen quite a few Passports SE's with no screen lift. The 35 SE's we have at the office, mine and my brothers..no issues

09-18-16 09:45 AM
    My problem is only the rusty blackberry logo at the back, other than that, this phone is perfect!

From  PPSE
    I have that, too! In fact, I've only come to notice it when reading your comment and checking.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    09-18-16 11:47 AM
    Mine still looks like new, except for a little dirt in the speaker grilles; no screen lift, no rusting BB logo.
    09-19-16 11:41 AM
    The only hw issue I've noticed on my new SE is the top of my screen lifts a mil or two sometimes and can be pushed back down to flush. No biggie but I noticed it.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 02:07 PM
109 ... 2345