SE build quality is excellent. Plastic chin and SD and SIM card cover. Keyboard is identical in feel to Classic. No hard presses required like original Passport. The capacitive keyboard is excellent. I try scrolling up or down with one finger while touching the keyboard with another finger for zoom function. Battery life is two days for me emailing, browsing some App use, BBM, texting and reading work docs.

Posted via CB10
    BURZIN likes this.
    11-28-15 06:47 PM
    I've exchanged the Passport SE about 6 times since August 2015. I had the AT&T Passport prior. All of my issues were either the top screen slight raised higher than the metal bezel (sometimes the left side, sometimes the right side, and entire top edge raised -the one I am using now after giving up on multiple exchanges) or sharp metal edges that could easily slice your finger. You can feel the screen when passing from metal to screen. After 4 months of emails and unhappy returns, I settled for two free BlackBerry accessories. I wasn't happy with the result but too much time has been wasted.
    Hi, from where did you order your Passport? BlackBerry directly? Amazon?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-28-15 09:37 PM
    Am just wondering if the problem SE's come from the same seller? BlackBerry directly? Amazon? Other?

11-28-15 09:55 PM
    Am just wondering if the problem SE's come from the same seller? BlackBerry directly? Amazon? Other?

Does it matter? Sellers can't choose which units to take and all SE units are made in the same place. Mexico.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-28-15 10:15 PM
    Does it matter? Sellers can't choose which units to take and all SE units are made in the same place. Mexico.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    No, it shouldn't but you never know! Especially since some people have absolutely no probs and others have returned multiple defective devices!

11-30-15 05:41 AM
    My pp SE is perfect. No issues at all that I can tell. Had since released

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 05:54 AM
    Just got my passport se back from being repaired. They swapped it for a new one. Awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 03:10 PM
    I purchased a brand new Passport SE a couple of weeks ago. I've been super-impressed so far with its build quality. It's pretty much perfect - I can't find a single fault.

Don't know if that's a sign, or if I'm just one of the lucky ones...

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 03:38 PM
    When I had mine it also was perfect. But I returned it.
    The next one is coming . I surely hope it'll perfect
    11-30-15 03:47 PM
    48hrs in and no issues with quality very very happy.

I immediately put on my siedio combo case which I have used on all my BlackBerry,s

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2474
    12-01-15 04:26 AM
    I have Passport SE ever since it was launched. I have no issues at all. Fit and finish is excellent. Screen lifting issue I don't have. My device has slipped out of my hands twice but thankfully nothing happened. It is a very strong and robust device.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2789
    12-01-15 08:01 AM
    I have purchased the BlackBerry Passport SE in late August ; build quality is excellent, battery life is outstanding, built in programs are solid and useful, BlackBerry World has all the programs most folks need, camera is good. Just a very well engineered smart phone

No problems what so ever.

Like some others on this thread, the complaints are curious, certainly when some exchange their unit several times. Unless a batch got incorrectly constructed.

The passport SE with the latest s/w is a superb unit.

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    12-01-15 02:37 PM
    AT&T version here, and absolutely no issues. Not sure if this is something of interest to you.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 04:29 PM
    Just curious if the grey part of the Passport SE scratches.... If so is it black underneath?
    12-01-15 07:29 PM
    .......what a gorgeous phone..sorry this thing is way cool lol

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2474
    12-01-15 07:49 PM
    Just curious if the grey part of the Passport SE scratches.... If so is it black underneath?
    Anything can scratch but for the most part it's going to be pretty robust. The back is black.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 08:49 AM
    Anything can scratch but for the most part it's going to be pretty robust. The back is black.

Posted via CB10
    If it does scratch will it show black like on the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 02:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Had it since launch. Never a scratch.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 05:45 PM
    I've had many iPhones in my time and got rid of my last one because I was sick and tired of returning to my hotel with a dead phone, flat battery (we all know the story there) while others were checking their email etc on the hotel WiFi I was waiting for my iPhone to come to life after it was plugged in behind the hotel bar.
    At that time Android phones were swamped with adverts and Apple phones were free from that, that's not the case now, I've had the opportunity to use an iPhone recently and was tormented with adverts, it's the same on my iPad, it takes up so much data and time, I find that much too stressful, you are welcome to your iPhone and all the security issues with it including the app issues.
    If you don't know what I'm talking about I wouldn't be surprised as you left Blackberry for Apple.
    For me Apple went downhill when we lost Steve, shortly after that they changed their terms and conditions and I seen a downhill spiral.
    I feel much more confident with Blackberry, knowing they are now improving by the day, we have a good face looking after it and us.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 04:19 AM
    Build quality is fantastic on mine. Laser-like precision, feels solid, the stainless steel can withstand a fair bit with no makes or damage (yet). Love it!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 07:40 AM
    Only problem I have is screen. Slightly lift on the right, aaand the heat issue also on the right top corner....

Who's with me??

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 08:21 PM
    Only problem I have is screen. Slightly lift on the right, aaand the heat issue also on the right top corner....

Who's with me??

Posted via CB10
    Negative. Mine is perfect....

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 08:42 PM
    The build quality of the first I had was great. Unfortunately, it rebooted a lot, so I got another. That one was perfect as well. Then it had a battery problem, and they send me another. This one was the first and only I've seen with build quality issues.

It has rattling volume keys, whereas the others had tight ones that wouldn't jiggle if you moved the phone. This one also had very bad light bleed, where I could see some sort of amber/orange part of the motherboard or whatever is directly beneath the keyboard.

I didn't even take this one out of its plastic, I had BlackBerry's RMA do another order, where I send that one right back.

The one I'm currently on is perfect, just like the first two, in terms of build quality. It has perfectly lit keys, volume keys don't rattle at all, and the vibrate is really nice and crisp (sorry, I'm really weird and can't stand those phones that vibrate so loud or loosely that it sounds like stuff is being shook inside the phone).

Anyways. 3/4 have been perfect in terms of build quality for me. Don't hesitate getting a replacement though, it's your money!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 09:36 PM
    Negative. Mine is perfect....

Posted via CB10
    It's my bad luck I guess.. T_T

Nevertheless the device is working fine..

The screen lift is not noticeable unless you focus on sliding your finger along the left corner screen and the right corner...

Other than that it's a very good quality

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 09:53 PM
    As I've said in other posts, if the Priv had the kind of solid build quality as my Passport SE, I would have picked one up for my Android wife.

No light bleed or any issues. The weight of the phone also makes it feel more solid to me.

Solid solid phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 09:58 PM
109 1234 ...