Hello All,

Recent BB devices (except for the OG Passport in my experience) suffer from build quality issues. I've been trying to love the Classic but the blue one I received this week suffers keyboard light bleed (previous ones I've had...gaps between tool belt and screen were terrible or sticky keys on left side or having the screen higher the the tool belt...4 Classics so far with 75% quality issues).

So I can't deal with this Blue classic and almost hate using it in the dark because all these gaps are lit up through the keys...

I don't want to buy the OG Passport again and interested in the SE...Yeah I have read screen lift, gaps, etc...but the OG Passport I had was amazing and perfectly built (like the Q10 basically was minus the double typing issue which has recently been resolved).

OVERALL...What are the chances I would order an SE today and it will be ok? The glass at the top being higher than the body of the phone won't do it for me. Light bleed from the screen also and last but not least, screen lift.

Ready to return yet another Classic in disappointment and want to have a great OS10 device for the next 2-3 years.
    11-26-15 05:28 PM
    I'm VERY interested in the Passport SE model as well so I'm just being careful myself.
    11-26-15 05:54 PM
    Same here. Interested in purchasing the SE. Curious to read others responses.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 06:03 PM
    Only issue I have with mine is the plastic keyboard cover. The frets are just too flimsy. Currently back to BlackBerry getting replaced. Well maybe. They are assessing the damage and says it could be 240$ to replace. No way I'm paying that for a piece of plastic. I can get a leap for less. Other than that everything is great.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:22 PM
    The build quality of the Passport SE I own is great. No issues whatsoever. I use it over WiFi at home.

11-26-15 06:30 PM
    I also had poor quality issues with my Classic. Light bleed, crooked track pad and double typing began as well. I went back to the original Passport and my LG G4. Seen a few SE passports for sale but looks like a big calculator to me.

BBRYQ10 likes this.
    11-26-15 06:39 PM
    Cracked the chin on my SE Passport. It's at Blackberry getting fixed under warranty. The chin is plastic, which is suspect. But to give BB credit, the plastic is probably there for the antenna (I think).
    Other than that one problem with mine, I'd buy it again if I had to. I'm using a Note 4 now for backup, and I really miss my Passport.
    11-26-15 06:40 PM
    How long has your passport been there? Just want to get an idea of how long it could take to get it back.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:51 PM
    I have had both the Z30 and the Passport SE, and have great experiences with both. The Passport SE body is mostly metal, but the top back card cover is plastic and the keyboard cover and frets seem to be plastic. Other than that it is solid metal and seems to be well built. I have been very impressed with build quality, design, OS, features, and performance of both the Z30 and the Passport SE and so have my friends. The only weaknesses are lack of Android apps for both models, and a mediocre camera on the Z30. The camera on the Passport SE is excellent, however.

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    11-26-15 06:53 PM
    All electronics have problems but its easy to insure yourself on Blackberry hardware. Check it out BlackBerry Care Protection Plan - United States $4.49 a month and you could accidentally break it in half with your bare hands and get a new phone! Why worry? BTW I have an att version and its beautiful. Screen lift on att is very rare too. it was a problem for some.
    11-26-15 07:11 PM
    Eight days.
    How long has your passport been there? Just want to get an idea of how long it could take to get it back.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 08:12 PM
    I've exchanged the Passport SE about 6 times since August 2015. I had the AT&T Passport prior. All of my issues were either the top screen slight raised higher than the metal bezel (sometimes the left side, sometimes the right side, and entire top edge raised -the one I am using now after giving up on multiple exchanges) or sharp metal edges that could easily slice your finger. You can feel the screen when passing from metal to screen. After 4 months of emails and unhappy returns, I settled for two free BlackBerry accessories. I wasn't happy with the result but too much time has been wasted.
    11-26-15 08:17 PM
    Eight days.
    OK. Got my z30 to hold me over til it comes back. I almost forgot how great this phone still is.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    11-26-15 09:05 PM
    Just got a SE and I can say the build quality is excellent. The frame fells really solid and the buttons on the keyboard feel much more upscale than the Classic. I just didn't like the shiny almost 'greasy' finish of the Classic buttons but the SE buttons are very nice! Stereo speakers. No lift issues. And the sensitivity of the capacitive touch keyboard is worth the price alone. What else can you ask for? Now, still in search of the perfect case!

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 11:24 PM
    I report my SE is perfect. No problems in four months. Seems build like a tank. It fell once from waist high with no issues. Like others however I also miss my Z30. For me still a toss up, aside from the camera, screen resolution and speed which the SE takes easily the top spot. I am not a huge fan of PKB. Work wide is nice but also a bit awkward. I only wish BlackBerry would put out a top spec replacement for the Z30, available in either android or bb10.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 12:16 AM
    After 2 weeks with SE (as a replacement for Passport) I have to say I love it. Better overall build quality, better keyboard, better signal and probably due to this longer lasting battery compared to already excellent passport battery life... I have bought the seido vitreo tempered glass screen protector. Other than that it is 'naked' and build like a tank

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 12:51 AM
    I don't know exactly, but I personally guess that 99,9999999% of all Passports SE (including the OGs) don't have that glass-lifting issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 02:23 AM
    Well, thanks all for your comments. I've had many Blackberries in my time and recently (including the Priv) and have settled on iPhone 6s Plus. Love it and it is hard for any manufacturers to beat the technology, quality and customer service of Apple. My experiences with BlackBerry when there is a problem is absolutely rediculous (you pay for shipping and return COD if you don't like the device). Apple is so confident you buy and in 14 days return confidently without spending a dime. Think I'm done with BB unfortunately. Priv is crap in my opinion...

I know, troll, goodbye, etc.

Goodbye BlackBerry, you tried but will never be top again as much as I would love that to happen (being Canadian).
    11-27-15 04:55 PM
    OK. Got my z30 to hold me over til it comes back. I almost forgot how great this phone still is.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I still love my Z30 even though I also have the Passport SE!

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    bigjman likes this.
    11-27-15 05:45 PM
    I'm VERY interested in the Passport SE model as well so I'm just being careful myself.
    SE quality is great as is my OG black Passport!

Posted via CB10
    11-27-15 11:31 PM
    Was the screen lift issue fixed on the SE? My red passport has it, no big thou, just a pin ***** of super glue and I fixed the issue

Posted via CB10
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    11-27-15 11:36 PM
    My BlackBerry 10s are the Z10, Z30, and Passport SE -- all solid devices, with the only issue being random restarts on the Z10. Passport SE in particular a very well-built device. I can also report a colleague who bought an SE is still very happy with his.

On the other hand, I know only two iPhone owners who don't have a cracked screen.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    kalphreef likes this.
    11-28-15 12:17 AM
    Well, thanks all for your comments. I've had many Blackberries in my time � (including the Priv) and have settled on iPhone 6s Plus. Love it �
    Well, that's okay, to each his own. I'm happy with my Passport SE, a device which will never bend in the pocket like others. ;-))

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 07:32 AM
    Hello All,

Recent BB devices (except for the OG Passport in my experience) suffer from build quality issues. I've been trying to love the Classic but the blue one I received this week suffers keyboard light bleed (previous ones I've had...gaps between tool belt and screen were terrible or sticky keys on left side or having the screen higher the the tool belt...4 Classics so far with 75% quality issues).

So I can't deal with this Blue classic and almost hate using it in the dark because all these gaps are lit up through the keys...

I don't want to buy the OG Passport again and interested in the SE...Yeah I have read screen lift, gaps, etc...but the OG Passport I had was amazing and perfectly built (like the Q10 basically was minus the double typing issue which has recently been resolved).

OVERALL...What are the chances I would order an SE today and it will be ok? The glass at the top being higher than the body of the phone won't do it for me. Light bleed from the screen also and last but not least, screen lift.

Ready to return yet another Classic in disappointment and want to have a great OS10 device for the next 2-3 years.
    As long as I've been buying phones, every forum on every phone is over loaded with so called disastrous problems. I've never experienced any of these whined about problems. Now there will be several of these whiners now post a response to this post swearing every phone they bought had the problems they were warned about. I bought two nexus fours way back and there was endless horror stories about the glass backs breaking and sliding magically off a table and shattering! Neither of them have broken yet and my wife Fer goodness sake drops her phones three times a day! Forget about all the whiners (trolls) posting on forums and get what u want, if you do have an issue then cheese N rice simply us the Warranty.
    11-28-15 07:46 AM
    Agreed
    11-28-15 01:08 PM
109 123 ...