Hi everyone,

My passport SE battery is draining when thr phone is off. I mean like it goes from 100%, shut off, to 0% in 2 days. It dies faster when off then when the phone is on.

I did try to wipe and reinstall. I disconnected and reconnected the pins for the battery. Sort of gave a more accurate battery reading.

Phone still drains.

What could be the issue? Any help?

Thanks!
    10-29-20 11:59 PM
    Hi everyone,

My passport SE battery is draining when thr phone is off. I mean like it goes from 100%, shut off, to 0% in 2 days. It dies faster when off then when the phone is on.

I did try to wipe and reinstall. I disconnected and reconnected the pins for the battery. Sort of gave a more accurate battery reading.

Phone still drains.

Thanks!
    Check if your charger is faulty. Another option is a new battery...there are lots of videos online and batteries are also available.
    10-30-20 07:33 AM
    Hi everyone,

Phone still drains.

Thanks!
    This was a problem even when the SE was released, add a battery that’s now 5 or so years old and the problem just gets worse.

If you do a search for this subject you may find some information on whether there was a solution to the problem.

As has been suggested you’re probably in need of a new battery.
    10-30-20 10:32 AM
    Hi everyone,

Phone still drains.

Thanks!
    I'd try removing that battery and see if it drains without being connected.... might simply be the battery.

If it doesn't, I'd run and Autoloader and test before restoring or setting up anything.... if it still drains. You can try a new battery and hope it's not something hardware related.
    10-30-20 10:42 AM
    Hi everyone,

Phone still drains.

Thanks!
    Installing 'battery charger for Blackberry 10' from BB world.
    It will give you all details about your battery life and charger input.

If your battery health is below 70% then u need a replace.
    Also check if the temp of the battery is going above 38-41 while charging(after 25-30mins).
    Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-20 05:06 AM
    Hi everyone,

Phone still drains.

Thanks!
    I doubt it's about the battery. It seems to be a normal behaviour for ppse. There are som threads about it. I change my battery in my ppse, which extended battery life quite a lot. However the draining when shut off was the same, totally empty in less than a week.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-20 05:30 AM
    Same as my z10. I need to pull out the battery, because, like yours, it discharges it after 2-3 days.
    How to remove battery from Passport?!
    Last edited by gdugic; 11-01-20 at 04:36 PM.
    11-01-20 02:20 PM
    My PP SE has done this since new. I don't switch it off now. When not using it I just switch off the radios.
    11-01-20 07:11 PM
    NSA required that when powered off the phone, that the mic, GPS and cellular are still connected.....
    11-02-20 09:38 AM
    Same as my z10. I need to pull out the battery, because, like yours, it discharges it after 2-3 days.
    How to remove battery from Passport?!
    Keep phone on in flight mode, the shut down and restart consumes more battery.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-20 09:09 AM
    NSA required that when powered off the phone, that the mic, GPS and cellular are still connected.....
    Hahahahaha, probably not wrong! There’s something going on! LMAO
    11-05-20 07:40 AM
    thanks for the reply guys. sorry for the delay

I did do 2 or 3 factory wipes. I used to have it on airplane mode. however even after a reset the phone was shut off and not setup and still battery died.

I do have a replacement battery however I can't remove the last screw from that which pins the battery circuit to the phone and I can't also remove the sticky tape under the battery. im afraid ill bend and pierce the battery. im happy with cutting off the part of the circuit where the screw is on, and just install a new battery by pressing it to the phone connectors rather than also screwing it in place. it's really not that important a piece. just thenbatt34ry piercing im afraid of
    11-13-20 11:20 AM
    Do you have it as a daily driver? How long do you charge it in between then?
    11-13-20 11:21 AM
    I can't also remove the sticky tape under the battery. im afraid ill bend and pierce the battery.
    Use a hair dryer very carefully to heat up the battery while gently prying one end with a solid plastic or metal spatula (or similar pry tool). Patience and careful does the job with a bit of heat to soften the adhesive.
    11-13-20 12:21 PM
    Use a hair dryer very carefully to heat up the battery while gently prying one end with a solid plastic or metal spatula (or similar pry tool). Patience and careful does the job with a bit of heat to soften the adhesive.
    Or fully charge and then run Google Maps for 30 Min....
    11-13-20 01:21 PM
    Thank you for the tip! I have no idea why I didn't think of that. I'll heat it up gradually and pry and heat and continue to pry until I get it to go.

Apart from piercing, if the battery bends, is that a fire issue too? I don't see that as a major risk if heating the adhesive will solve most issues but its good to know.
    11-14-20 12:47 AM
    Hahahaha
    11-14-20 12:47 AM
    I FINALLY CHANGED THE BATTERY GUYS! A little bit of heat from a blow dryer and a lot of ripping and tearing under the battery with a screwdriver under the battery was all I needed

I couldn't get the screw that holds the battery circuit out. so I cut the tip of the old one off with a nail clipper, and put on the new one over the screw. it overlaps perfectly fine and still connects. added a but of the adhesive tape under it for good measure. now charging the phone. hopefully solves the pathetic drains. otherwise, I have years to go wirh this battery since if this happens and as it's not being drained daily (not my daily driver) I'm good for a while
    brookie229 likes this.
    11-14-20 10:54 AM