Every time I lock my Passport and put it in my pocket I find that the password was being entered though gestures within my pocket and I am always prompted to enter 'blackberry ' to proceed. Anybody else experiencing this? Please help.

All smartphones bow to my BlackBerry Passport
    03-18-15 06:35 AM
    You can try switching off swipe to wake from display settings. Will atleast narrow down the problem to either the screen or the keypad.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:49 AM
    You can try switching off swipe to wake from display settings. Will atleast narrow down the problem to either the screen or the keypad.

Posted via CB10
    Was thinking about that too but hey.....i love the swipe gestures for real. Thanks!

All smartphones bow to my BlackBerry Passport
    03-18-15 06:55 AM
    Swipe to wake is also one of my favorite BB10 features but sadly it is almost impossible to live with on the passport and the classic. Since BB10 was released I've had a z10, z30, and q10 before these 2 new devices and never had this issue before of excessive accidental screen wakes in the pocket. In fact I never had it before. The only way I was able to keep using it was to keep the phone screen facing out in the pocket but I eventually gave up fearing I might crack the screen if my daughter suddenly jumps on my lap without warning I have now just decided to switch it off and carry on without the feature. I wish that maybe in a future update they can use the proximity sensors to detect when it is in the pocket and disable s2w temporarily until it's taken out but knowing blackberry they might not even consider this a real issue

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 07:15 AM
    That's right, she is special.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-18-15 08:25 AM