Some people complain about the size of the Passport and watching video on it. I'm wondering how many who say it isn't big enough have actually used a Passport.

I'm watching TimeWarner/Spectrum/Comcast TV App on Passport and the size is quite easy on the eyes, the image is impressively clear and the color's vibrant!

The actual image dimension is about 3.25" x 1.75", I've taken a photo of mine next to one of the most owned iphones in the world, being used by billions of people.

I realize that they're are much larger screens but I firmly beleive that most are old iphone size and other slightly larger, I would assume they are happy watching video on those smallish screens, so why do some get such delight in gross and excessive criticism of Passport screen boggles my mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport Screen Size is exceptional and not that far off the typical phone.-img_20170418_193555.jpg  
    04-18-17 06:50 PM
    I haven't seen a lot of criticism here. If anything, the biggest complaint is that it's too wide to fit in the pocket or to use with one hand.

Passport isn't really made for media consumption anyway. It's more for reading documents, typing out large emails, or looking at technical drawings.
    04-18-17 06:53 PM
    I haven't seen a lot of criticism here. If anything, the biggest complaint is that it's too wide to fit in the pocket or to use with one hand.

Passport isn't really made for media consumption anyway. It's more for reading documents, typing out large emails, or looking at technical drawings.
    You've covered quite well many of the falsehoods of Passport.

Fits easily into my back pocket and I have a very thick Ringke leather case and often place it in my front pockets, so the argument of pocket fit makes zero sense, I'll be happy to post pics to post next time I have my pants on.

One hand argument, but compared to what, a VKB. I've never seen many BB pkb users not use both hands to type with, there even used to be joke about the BB prayer pose! So much for that argument.

It's made to do anything any other phone screen can do and with stunning clarity and color, the size as seen in the photo proves the video is not much different in size than the tremendous number of phones in use today.

Many were afraid or ashamed to have a phone that is so ahead of it's time, so we'll rounded, so capable! Those of us who know and use Passport, understand its vast perfection, power and versatility! There never was such a phone as Passport and never will again. Good Gracious save us from the slabs and bricks!
    04-18-17 07:19 PM
    Those of us who know and use Passport, understand its vast perfection, power and versatility! There never was such a phone as Passport and never will again. Good Gracious save us from the slabs and bricks!
    I used a Passport SE as a primary device until the Priv and DTEK60. It is indeed a nice device.

But BlackBerry themselves positioned the device as an alternative to the slab-centric, media consuming, and social media devices of the time.

It's great that it continues to work for your needs, however.
    04-18-17 07:25 PM
    Passport feels pretty comfortable in my hand now. Yes, at first it was a bit odd but that was when I insisted on using a case. Now I only keep it in a leather sleeve when I'm in the field for work. No case when I'm in the office or any other time. And maybe I have big pockets but it fits quite nicely in either back or front pocket, even when I'm wearing tighter jeans.

As for media on the screen, it isn't ideal, but I don't watch movies or TV shows on there anyway. Just short clips. Also, I've found one of the new features of 10.3.3, pinch to zoom on full screen video, to be quite useful for such clips.

Of course I'll switch to android eventually, but my Passport still does everything just fine for my current needs. KeyONE doesn't impress me that much, so unless BlackBerry comes with a follow up qwerty with better specs and aesthetics, I'll probably get a Pixel or something similar.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 08:17 PM
    Re: the letter-boxed size of videos on my Passport, it's almost exactly the same size as the iPhone 4 I had just prior to buying the PP.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 08:22 PM