This post is not for those people who see no value in screen rotation. Those of you who are happy with always using the passport in an upright position, wonderful enjoy your passport.

I use the screen in rotated mode for the following reasons

1) The plug on the passport is on the bottom, the only way to place the blackberry on the stand plugged is sideways.
    2) My car holder works better sideways so that I can plug the bb in without the plug interfering with seeing my clock and media center
    3) Occasionally for one handed scrolling ( just a lot easier sideways when holding the phone out with one hand)

The passport has a square screen, why on earth would the allow screen rotation and then not do it completely. By that I mean rotate everything when the screen rotates: Homescreen, Phone, BBM and Calculator do not rotate. What is the thinking with this, that when you are in a rotated view that you will never want to go to homescreen and other apps.

Blackberry, Please complete the job: rotate everything
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-23-15 06:28 AM
    I'd suggest adding your support for this by tweeting BlackBerry. I did so a while ago. We stand a better chance of it happening when more people do so. And realistically, it should be for all BB 10 devices, not just the Passport.
    01-23-15 07:04 AM
    No bb10 phones can do it yet. I'm sure it's coming at some point but probably not a priority
    01-23-15 09:04 AM
    I agree. What dictates whether an app can rotate? It seems so inconsistent.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 10:10 AM
    I agree. What dictates whether an app can rotate? It seems so inconsistent.

Posted via CB10
    Well the app maker. But we're talking about the OS right now.
    01-23-15 12:00 PM
    I have the same sentiment. When I first started using it I saw no real value in rotating the screen because of the 1:1 ratio. After some time with it though, I find it to be awesomely comfortable to read articles, and even navigate though the Hub and catch up on my messages with it. It's very frustrating when switching out of the Hub or a webpage and having the orientation all switched around on you by default.

This is an OS feature though and would make sense on all devices, not just the Passport. However, it would probably be simpler to implement on the Passport (or any other 1:1 device) because they wouldn't need to reformat anything or worry about how your icons get rearranged. I'm sure it will come, we just have to be patient. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember in a review of the iPhone 6 that this was just recently implemented on iOS. Not an excuse for BlackBerry, but good to know that we aren't WAY behind on it. Just a little bit...

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-23-15 12:11 PM
    Well the app maker. But we're talking about the OS right now.
    Except the apps that the OP mentioned are all apps by BlackBerry lol. So there should be some consistency.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:22 PM