I bought my passport directly from blackberry on Sept 24.
    On remembrance day, it was knocked from my hand and fell onto a rock.
    The screen has shattered.

I contacted Rogers to see if they would repair it - nope. Not their phone.
    I contacted Futureshop - nope. They don't touch blackberries.
    I contacted a few other places - no go.

I can't find a number to contact BlackBerry directly for service and repair.
    I live in Nova Scotia (Canada) and can't seem to get any answers.

Do you have a service number or recommendation for a shop to replace the screen? Estimate of cost?

Any direction is gratefully received.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 11:18 AM

Do you have a service number or recommendation for a shop to replace the screen? Estimate of cost?

Posted via CB10
    Digital river is the vendor that runs shop blackberry worldwide. Contact them!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-25-14 11:23 AM
    You could try best buy. They sell Telus Pass Ports and may be able to fix yours.
    11-25-14 03:05 PM
    I read that geek squad at best buy repairs phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:16 PM
    There are no aftermarket parts for the Passport. This is definitely a problem in case of any physical damage as aftermarket repairs are the cheapest and warranty does not cover physical damage. You can request to have your Passport repaired by BlackBerry, but you will likely have to pay for shipping both ways and pay for the full repair. It will probably be in the $300 CAD range. I have some contact information at home that may help you so I could probably post it tonight.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:26 PM
    subscribed to this thread.

got a fine hairline crack on my screen. wouldn't mind getting it fixed.

Have no idea where to go, but will keep an eye on this thread.....

p.s. located near Toronto, Canada.
    11-25-14 04:52 PM
    Ask member F2, he has the info

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    11-25-14 04:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Call Passport support 1-877-552-5532 available 24/7.
    11-25-14 05:01 PM
    I read that geek squad at best buy repairs phones.

Posted via CB10
    but geek squad charges an arm and a leg
    07-06-15 08:14 AM
    Buy your own screen and install it. I'm sure there are YouTube videos that show the steps.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am in NS and just cracked my screen. Parker's Satellite in Coldbrook is fixing mine $210 +tx. I'll let you know how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:21 PM
    I've got a brand new aftermarket blackberry passport screen replacement from the US if anyone is interested (located in Toronto, Canada). I don't do installs, I purchased as a back up but no longer need it. PM me if interested.
    07-07-15 07:16 AM
    Every Passport has a card in the box with this #:

1-877-552-5532

It's the number to call for the 'complimentary 30 days support'. You might be longer than 30 days, but it is still a toll free way to phone BlackBerry.

This is the eCommerce company that runs the Shop BlackBerry system:

http://www.digitalriver.com/

More options:

http://ca.blackberry.com/customer-se...ontact-us.html

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:23 AM
    Got mine replaced. Everything is working fine, just like a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 11:33 AM
    Hello Gregory,

Where did you get your passport screen repaired please share name of company, location and a phone number .

Thanks
    07-27-15 10:07 AM
    Hi Eric do you still have it? Just broke my screen.
    07-27-15 11:56 AM
    I replaced my screen last week. I found out that there is no step by step guide available so I had to figure it out by myself.

There are teardown videos but they don't tell you how to replace the screen. Watch those videos closely though. Understand the steps.

To replace the screen, you will need a suction cup to pull the screen off its backing. I loosened the screen with the suction cup before I started the disassembly process. Be careful though, the screen is attached to a ribbon connector. The ribbon connector passes through the base to which the screen is attached and is actually connected to the back of the base. You may or may not need to replace the adhesive around the screen. I bought 3M double side tape that is pre cut into a very thin roll. I replaced the adhesive but I don't think it was necessary. I think the adhesive would have held the new screen just fine.

Removing the battery is the most difficult part of the process. Use a credit card or other thin plastic implement to gently pry off the battery. Be careful not to damage it because it seems impossible to find a replacement battery.

Be mindful at all times of where the screws go - there are different kinds. Also, be very careful with the ribbon connectors that attach to the motherboard.

It seems difficult but having done one, it really is straightforward. It would take me around 15 minutes to do another.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 08:34 AM
    Buy your own screen and install it. I'm sure there are YouTube videos that show the steps.

Posted via CB10
    Probably not recommended unless you are expert. Theres been quite a few members on here that have done so successfully but if not properly it may mess up the digitizer and not touch correctly.
    07-28-15 08:48 AM
    Tech Emporium cellphone repair in Burlington Ontario Burlington, Hamilton, Grimsby, Ancaster, Oakville, Mississauga, Toronto – Ontario

This dude can fix anything. I've never had to use him but everyone in town uses and swears by him.
    07-28-15 09:09 AM
    It seems difficult but having done one, it really is straightforward. It would take me around 15 minutes to do another.
    Posted via CB10
    I agree. It seems difficult but it is not. I've had to replace my screen and digitizer twice in my galaxy note. You can buy some inexpensive plastic tools on ebay (usually comes with the screen/digitizer as a package). You just have to be very careful not to scratch the digitizer if you are going to keep the original one and simply replace the screen.

The screens are simply glued on with double sided tape - on the Note at least. You'll need a hairdryer, some basic tools, two Heinekens and a lot of patience. Took me three hours as the screen shattered both times when I did it. Don't be afraid to do it yourself. There's tons of videos on youtube on how to do it with most phones.
    07-28-15 09:22 AM
    Hello Gregory,

Where did you get your passport screen repaired please share name of company, location and a phone number .

Thanks
    Parker's Satellite and Tech Shop 7006 Highway 1, Coldbrook, NS B4R 1B6
    (902) 678-2280
    I dropped it off at 10 and picked it up at 4 and I can't remember exactly, but I want to say it was 230 taxes in.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:03 AM
    Hi,
    Just wondering if the screen is still available?
    12-16-15 12:53 PM