I had posted this problem a while ago regarding this situation with my Passport but never did get a satisfactory answer as to why this happens so will share a little more information in the hopes that I can find others who may have had this problem.

Basically what has happened is that while working on the phone in any number of applications the screen will just go black for from a few seconds to a few minutes. It always comes back to where it was originally with no loss of data whatsoever but its very frustrating to have to sit and wait for the screen to come back to life. On two separate occasions now I have returned the phone to RIM for investigation and repair of the problem. In both cases RIM returned the phone to me along with a Test and Repair Return Form stating that they had done a software upgrade, live call passed and quality control passed. No further explanation of what the problem was or what was done to correct the problem.

When I got the phone back the other day for the second time I emailed their Repair and inquiries email address and after several back and forth emails all I got out of it was that it was a software problem and that by upgrading my software they felt that the problem was fixed.

I guess for the time being I'm stuck with that reply and will just have to wait to see if the problem happens again. What I would like to know, is there anyone out there using the Passport that may have encountered this problem and if so was it properly addressed and fixed.
    09-30-15 02:26 PM