I bought mine on ebay for about an $13. See here https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=AXIqVa97

I would definitely recommend, much better than the plastic screen protectors. Only issue is that it doesn't adhere to the sides of the screen because the PP screen is curved on the sides.

Posted via CB10
    ma678 likes this.
    01-09-15 02:59 PM
    Does the sides get covered with a case you think? I got the amzer gel case and it somewhat over laps the edges.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    01-09-15 03:43 PM
    Does the sides get covered with a case you think? I got the amzer gel case and it somewhat over laps the edges.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    I would think so, yes. I don't have a case on my Passport, but luckily the edges of the screen protector don't catch on anything.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 05:26 PM
    I've used clear-coat for my Z10, PlayBook, my wife's Z30 and now my Passport. I love it. I order directly from the company. Excellent customer service. No questions asked replacements. This the video that sold me. I use the screen protector and I have a pudding case on it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:41 PM
    I have Ghost Armor protective film applied promptly when I buy a new Blackberry (spare z10, z30 & Passport for 2014). I've had at least 20 devices with Ghost Armor.
    Would you be able to post a picture and if possible a link to where you got it? I have Ghost Armor on my PlayBook and Z10 and I love the quality and feel of GA. I just got my Passport and when I tried to search for a GA screen protector on their website, it didn't return any products.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:45 AM
    Do any of these screen protectors "feel" as smooth as leaving it naked?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:50 AM
    Do any of these screen protectors "feel" as smooth as leaving it naked?

Posted via CB10
    Just the glass screen protectors, since you're touching glass instead of a plastic film. iShieldz/Skinomi etc screen protectors have a rubbery feel to them.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:51 AM
    Actually I think there is no need for a screen protector since it has gorilla 3 scratch proof coating.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 06:35 PM
    I have Ghost Armor protective film applied promptly when I buy a new Blackberry (spare z10, z30 & Passport for 2014). I've had at least 20 devices with Ghost Armor.
    I too like their products, seem to last for me anyway.
    01-24-15 06:49 PM
    I have the cellicious one on amazon. I like the matte screen protector, smooth, no glare.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 07:17 PM
    Actually I think there is no need for a screen protector since it has gorilla 3 scratch proof coating.

Posted via CB10
    https://callip.wordpress.com/2011/10...***-explained/

Until displays are made of diamond (or at least pure sapphire), there will always be a need for replaceable screen protectors.

Gorilla glass (and every other "glass") is derived from sand. Corning processes the normal glass in order to increase its compressive strength (so that it won't break as easily as it is made thinner/lighter). They want to make a lighter glass that is thinner but won't easily break at defect points. This allows them to use less material and ease up the "purity" thresholds (which result in lots of discarded processed material).

They also slightly increase its scratch resistance (compared to basic glass) but this is not their main goal at all. As long as the glass is derived from sand,.. sand will be enough to scratch its surface.

Posted via CB10
    ma678 likes this.
    01-24-15 08:07 PM
    Skinomi...
    I have my wife apply them and absolutely perfect.
    It is wet apply but I'd done properly, amazing.
    Does not lift on sides at all due to curved display.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 09:13 PM
    The ghost armor booth told me they don't have it for the passport a couple of weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-24-15 09:22 PM
    I used to use ghost armor because of the perfect fit. You really don't see the film because the size covers the screen well.

However, I recently removed it off of my Lumia 1520 because it got scratched by keys and the difference between naked and screen protector is significant.

The screen is way more vibrant without.

However, if you feel you need one, I'd go with ghost armor is you can get it.

Posted via CB10
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-24-15 09:25 PM
    Lol I never removed the stock screen protector that came with the new phone. Works fine

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:01 PM
    I absolutely agree I have an OEM BlackBerry screen protector and it's on there perfectly since launch.

In and out of my pockets all day. Screen gets oily easy from hands but overall it's on there doing its job.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-15 01:41 PM
    Agreed. the OEM protectors fit perfectly. I don't like having to wipe it every so often but well worth the effort to protect the screen.
    01-25-15 01:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Even my note 4 did get those little scratches and that phones uses gorilla glass 4. I'll probably end up buying a 9H glass screen protector from ebay.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:56 PM
    Just applied the Skinomi to my new white passport. I've read reviews where people say it's hard to install or doesn't work right. Firstly, if you use Skinomi it says you have to turn off the phone for 4 hours. The heat from the screen affects the ability of the screen protector to 'settle'.

I was actually skeptical that the air bubbles would come out form underneath the screen, even after trying to flatten them all out with a credit card. Woke up this morning (after applying it last night) they're all gone. Seems to work okay.

Not sure I like the whole wet apply thing but it keeps smudges off your screen during install and apparently it's only a mild detergent and nothing more.

PROS: Air Bubbles do settle out, screen shouldn't have smudges from wet apply
    CONS: If you follow instructions you have to spray your fingers with the install liquid, you have to start from the top down and line up the cut out to the camera and speaker, other wise you have to lift and retry which can cause a defect in the product
    Last edited by Phil Kauffman; 02-18-15 at 10:45 AM.
    02-18-15 09:24 AM
    I bought Dmax Armor for my wife's PP and Illumishield for my z30 - both from Amazon. The Dmax feels a little rough and looks "foggy". My z30 looks naked with the Illumishield on. I would recommend the Illumishield if you can get it for the PP.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:25 AM
    Bought a yard of clear vinyl from walmart for $1, cut out a pattern, applied with soapy water, let it settle for a few hours, and I'm good to go.

Did this for both my passport and classic. I get air bubbles, but I always do whether the protector costs 30 cents or 30 dollars.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport or Classic.
    02-22-15 10:06 AM
    I've had my passport since launch in Canada and I have never used a case or screen protector. No scratches anywhere. I feel that you don't get to truly enjoy the device when it's wrapped in plastic.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:35 AM
    I have never had any problems getting a replacement iShieldz. And I have gotten at least 6 of them over the last couple years. All for different devices. All they needed was a copy of the barcode from the back of the box. Doesn't get much easier then that...

Posted via CB10
    Well then the customer rep i was dealing with was having a really bad day!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-22-15 11:05 AM
48 12