Hi All,

What are some reliable and trusted screen protectors that you guys are using for your Blackberry Passport? I see a thread on the forums discussing tempered glass protectors but I haven't seen a thread on plastic ones, so I thought I would take the initiative to start it.

What is the benefit of tempered glass screen protectors/plastic screen protectors that the other doesn't offer? And which brand do you use, and how would you rate the product?

As always, pictures are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
    12-26-14 03:35 PM
    12-26-14 03:42 PM
    12-26-14 05:48 PM
    No, not really... The 2nd link is BB's OEM, so gotta be exact fit.
    12-26-14 06:00 PM
    I had a two pack of the BlackBerry OEM screen protector and they were both terrible! The way the edges of the Passport screen are designed are a screen protectors worse night mare. The edges curve down on a slant, causing a improperly designed screen protector to lift at the edges. Sadly enough, the BlackBerry OEM screen protectors do this. Several forum members have also reported this.

Some have also said that tempered glass protectors were also doing this for them. Really it just comes down to designing the protector so it's just a wee bit smaller.

I picked up a iShieldz screen protector and haven't had any problems since. The application process is super simple with the spray provided, and if done right, you won't have a single bubble afterwards. Ishieldz also offers replacement screen protectors for $7.

I haven't tried any other ones yet, hopefully I won't have to either.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:09 PM
    Does Passport need Screen Protector ? I thought it had Cornilla Glass technology. Please throw light
    12-26-14 09:56 PM
    I have Ghost Armor protective film applied promptly when I buy a new Blackberry (spare z10, z30 & Passport for 2014). I've had at least 20 devices with Ghost Armor.
    12-26-14 10:09 PM
    I have the OEM ones.

I got the black Passport and the hardshell case back in September, and then when I got the red Passport I just transferred it over. I don't know what others are talking about in terms of the design of the screen being problematic... mine fits great and has no raised edges.

I'm OCD when it comes to my screen protectors, so I take some tape and roll it, then stick it onto the front of the screen protector, making the tape like a ring so I can put my finger through it. I set it down and make sure it fits just right, and I use another piece of tape to get any dust or lint under the screen protector. I go through a few pieces of tape and it takes like ten minutes for me to decide that it's perfect, but the result is great.

Passport Screen Protectors-img_1226.jpg

Posted via CB10
    thedose, GeoK, heartsthat and 2 others like this.
    12-26-14 10:23 PM
    In the past I have used Zagg on my devices and was happy with that.
    I am thinking to try ghost armor, maybe.
    Anyone have the Tru from CB: Tru Protection Anti-Glare Film Set for BlackBerry Passport | BlackBerry Screen Protectors | ShopCrackBerry
    Any good?
    12-28-14 09:11 PM
    Skinomi all the way.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 09:14 PM
    So far I have tried two different famous german brands, unfortunately both were much smaller the the screen. Then I ordered a pack of those OEM ones and I am very pleased with them. The fitting is great, you can't do any better on the Passport due to the edges. However the quality of the material could be better, or I just got too used to tempered glass protectors.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 09:21 PM
    Does Passport need Screen Protector ? I thought it had Cornilla Glass technology. Please throw light
    No, it's not absolutely necessary to have a screen protector but a lot of people still like to have one. Coincidentally, I removed my screen protector a few days ago and have no worries about scratching the screen. It takes objects with a fairly high hardness level to be able to scratch the Gorilla Glass 3.
    12-28-14 10:51 PM
    No, it's not absolutely necessary to have a screen protector but a lot of people still like to have one. Coincidentally, I removed my screen protector a few days ago and have no worries about scratching the screen. It takes objects with a fairly high hardness level to be able to scratch the Gorilla Glass 3.
    ...or dust in your pocket, but you'll likely learn this the hard way soon. Sand dust is everywhere and it scratches GG3 like nobody's business.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    12-28-14 11:35 PM
    ...or dust in your pocket, but you'll likely learn this the hard way soon. Sand dust is everywhere and it scratches GG3 like nobody's business.

Posted via CB10
    Besides personal experience, do you have a link that proves this? Maybe a YouTube video or an article?

I want to see proof that sand dust will scratch GG3

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    12-28-14 11:48 PM
    My iShieldz screen protector came in last night, and I put it on as well. Application wasn't too hard (it's a wet apply) but I was a bit concerned about the water bubbles. After around 10 minutes of fuss to squeegee out all the tiny bubbles I let it dry overnight. The protector itself turned out alright and all the bubbles went away. My only afterthought and future concern is the protector seems to attract dust around the edges, and the dust is visible in contrast to the dark screen. I'll post an update of my experience in a couple of weeks but so far so good.

If people are interested in pictures I'll post them later as I'm currently at work
    thedose likes this.
    12-31-14 08:45 AM
    I have OEM protectors, but much prefer the MATTE ones. When the Passport was released all that was available at the time were either OEM or Mr. Shields. Surprised at the ease of dry application and how well it has held up. It is very slightly off to the left which concerns me because I've heard others comment on dust/dirt getting beneath the small area where the adhesive did not attach due to the curvature causing issues.

Have not removed the Mr. Shields as of yet and still have two left. Also ordered a 3-pack of sojitek matte protectors for the Passport as backups. That is a good brand, but on the Z30 they should have been cut smaller. As for sojitek, I have not tried on the Passport at this point!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:04 AM
    Ghost armor is amazing fits perfectly

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:06 AM
    My iShieldz screen protector came in last night, and I put it on as well. Application wasn't too hard (it's a wet apply) but I was a bit concerned about the water bubbles. After around 10 minutes of fuss to squeegee out all the tiny bubbles I let it dry overnight. The protector itself turned out alright and all the bubbles went away. My only afterthought and future concern is the protector seems to attract dust around the edges, and the dust is visible in contrast to the dark screen. I'll post an update of my experience in a couple of weeks but so far so good.

If people are interested in pictures I'll post them later as I'm currently at work
    Almost all the iShieldz screen protectors I have put on my devices have attracted dust as well. That doesn't last long. You won't even notice it's on there soon.

Also, make sure to keep the box it came in for replacement purposes. You can order a replacement screen protector for like $6!

Posted via CB10
    heartsthat likes this.
    12-31-14 09:17 AM
    I use a tech armor on mine. I got the privacy screen protector on it and it works good. Hasn't come off no bubbles it's scratched now but not the actual screen.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    12-31-14 09:19 AM
    Hi All,

What are some reliable and trusted screen protectors that you guys are using for your Blackberry Passport? I see a thread on the forums discussing tempered glass protectors but I haven't seen a thread on plastic ones, so I thought I would take the initiative to start it.

What is the benefit of tempered glass screen protectors/plastic screen protectors that the other doesn't offer? And which brand do you use, and how would you rate the product?

As always, pictures are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
    I purchased the oem BlackBerry and is awesome and hasn't lifted yet. Don't use ishieldz,although they are great their customer service for warranty replacement will make you rip your hair out!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:20 PM
    I don't think that passport need a screen protector.

Passport
    12-31-14 02:14 PM
    I purchased the oem BlackBerry and is awesome and hasn't lifted yet. Don't use ishieldz,although they are great their customer service for warranty replacement will make you rip your hair out!!!

Posted via CB10
    I have never had any problems getting a replacement iShieldz. And I have gotten at least 6 of them over the last couple years. All for different devices. All they needed was a copy of the barcode from the back of the box. Doesn't get much easier then that...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 03:25 PM
    I'm using Invisible Defender - has great reviews on amazon.ca 4 screen protectors for $10. So far working great.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00PJ7U...UvbUpU11215483

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:06 PM
    I second that the OEM protectors are perfect. Some suggested they don't fit because of the beveled edge of the screen but that seems incorrect - you just have to get them centered correctly. Work perfectly.
    01-08-15 12:23 PM
    Any place I can buy a glass protector?

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    01-09-15 12:25 PM
48 12