I have the AT&T Passport. Noticed the top left corner the screen is coming loose and popping out from the Bezel. I can push it up and down. Phone works fine other than damn flicker issue which is unrelated. Has anyone seen this same issue? I will contact AT&T and see if warranty will cover this.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:53 AM
    Oh damn.

Here we all though the one positive of the AT&T re design was that they had improved the way the screen is held to the frame. The original Passport's screen is held down with adhesive tape (which is prone to fail),.. sounds like maybe they are using the same thing with the AT&T Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:00 AM
    I'm sure that AT&T will replace your phone. It sounds like a defective device for sure, and should be covered under any warranty.

I have the AT&T Passport. Noticed the top left corner the screen is coming loose and popping out from the Bezel. I can push it up and down. Phone works fine other than damn flicker issue which is unrelated. Has anyone seen this same issue? I will contact AT&T and see if warranty will cover this.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:20 AM
    As long as there is no physical damage they should replace the device.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 09:24 AM
    Shocking. Thought new design fixed screen issues
    04-19-15 09:36 AM
    I also thought they redesigned that part with the AT&T version, sad to see they didn't. I'd replace it ASAP, before the screen gets even more loose.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 09:54 AM
    Thanks all. Wondered if it was commen issue. I'm going to get it fixed or replaced. Still love the phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 10:30 PM
    Ask for replacement. Fixing it wouldn't solve the problem if they will put the same double-side adhesive tape. The problem will re-occur...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 11:37 PM
    Op, place your phone face down on a table and lightly press on all four corners. If you notice a slight 'rock', that's your problem not the adhesive. Since there is such a small contact area between the screen and the frame, the pressure from the phone twisting will dislodge the screen. Some have reported twisting it back works, others have tried used crazy glue and clothes pins (wouldn't do that as it voids warranty). Good luck on getting it fixed.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 12:59 AM
    Thanks for info in detail.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 01:20 PM
    Seems like this is the first pop up of any screen lift on the AT&T version. So much for me saying that the AT&T version is structurally more sound. Oops... at least it seems this has become rather rare based on posts about screen lifting.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:58 PM
    Seems like this is the first pop up of any screen lift on the AT&T version. So much for me saying that the AT&T version is structurally more sound. Oops... at least it seems this has become rather rare based on posts about screen lifting.

Posted via CB10
    Does the AT&T one have some sort of way that the screen is held in mechanically? It's kind of hard for me to tell from pictures but it almost looked like there's a lip around the bezel to the screen overlapping on the glass to help hold it in, maybe? If that makes any sense lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 09:41 PM
    Does the AT&T one have some sort of way that the screen is held in mechanically? It's kind of hard for me to tell from pictures but it almost looked like there's a lip around the bezel to the screen overlapping on the glass to help hold it in, maybe? If that makes any sense lol.

Posted via CB10
    That was the general hypothesis. That the screen was held down not just by adhesive, but also by metallic outer edge 'crimping' it down. As with the original, if the OP can provide good pictures of the screen lift... we should be able to learn more about the weakness points.

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    04-25-15 08:11 AM
    That was the general hypothesis. That the screen was held down not just by adhesive, but also by metallic outer edge 'crimping' it down. As with the original, if the OP can provide good pictures of the screen lift... we should be able to learn more about the weakness points.

Posted via CB10
    Agree..Photos would be helpful. I have two AT&T Passport with no issues ops speaks of.
    04-25-15 12:50 PM