Noticed if I push down gently an inch and a half below the BlackBerry logo on my Passport screen, pressure point forms. Same thing that would happen if you press too much on an LED computer monitor. Doesn't happen anywhere else. Only noticed when I was rubbing the screen gently to clean it with a damp cloth. When I open a fully white image, the shade of white is different at that section. It's not noticeable unless you look closely and isn't visible normally when using phone.

It's hardly a problem but is it a manufacturing defect? I've done nothing to cause this. I don't think I can capture it on a camera or video to show you guys, it's too faint.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:29 PM
    Slight yellowish tinge to that spot, right?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 08:19 PM
    Slight yellowish tinge to that spot, right?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. But more white than anything. It's like a different shade of white to the rest of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:52 AM
    Yep. But more white than anything. It's like a different shade of white to the rest of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I've seen it before. One of my Passports had the same thing. No impact, no pressure ever applied by me anyway. It was the size of about half a thumbnail. Likely a factory defect. The panels that BlackBerry is using on the Passport are not top grade.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:17 AM
    Noticed if I push down gently an inch and a half below the BlackBerry logo on my Passport screen, pressure point forms. Same thing that would happen if you press too much on an LED computer monitor. Doesn't happen anywhere else. Only noticed when I was rubbing the screen gently to clean it with a damp cloth. When I open a fully white image, the shade of white is different at that section. It's not noticeable unless you look closely and isn't visible normally when using phone.

It's hardly a problem but is it a manufacturing defect? I've done nothing to cause this. I don't think I can capture it on a camera or video to show you guys, it's too faint.

Posted via CB10
    I found the same thing on my pp. What did you do with that? Got a replacement?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    05-12-15 03:56 PM
    If your Passport is still under warranty, just ask for replacement. I don't think that it can be solved by OS upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 07:15 PM
    Yep, I've seen it before. One of my Passports had the same thing. No impact, no pressure ever applied by me anyway. It was the size of about half a thumbnail. Likely a factory defect. The panels that BlackBerry is using on the Passport are not top grade.

Posted via CB10
    And I would think this has to do with the glue leaking before it dried out when they assembled it together. You can test this if you iustvgot your device by using a blow dryer on that corner with the device off and blow it for 5-10 minutes, then let it cool down and turn it back on. If there is a difference in colour then it is almost certain it is glue, this happens to cheap handsets.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-12-15 07:36 PM
    And I would think this has to do with the glue leaking before it dried out when they assembled it together. You can test this if you iustvgot your device by using a blow dryer on that corner with the device off and blow it for 5-10 minutes, then let it cool down and turn it back on. If there is a difference in colour then it is almost certain it is glue, this happens to cheap handsets.

A bit of afraid of using a dryer. I bought it from amazon.uk and the replacement period is over already - it's been 6 weeks since I bought it). Probably I could fill out the warranty form straight to BlackBerry but not sure of the procedure. Especially considering the fact that I live in Poland. Maybe I just live with it and hope that nothing more serious happens.

05-13-15 02:09 AM
    A bit of afraid of using a dryer. I bought it from amazon.uk and the replacement period is over already - it's been 6 weeks since I bought it). Probably I could fill out the warranty form straight to BlackBerry but not sure of the procedure. Especially considering the fact that I live in Poland. Maybe I just live with it and hope that nothing more serious happens.

The good news is if it were glue, then even if you don't do anything, it will fade somewhat, but the bad news is it will only fade to an extent. Blow dryer will accelerate the fading. Though if it were assembled before glue dried, it will not impair it function-wise if it hasn't already.

05-13-15 02:15 AM
    Try the display tests using the blackberry virtual expert application.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:23 AM
    Try the display tests using the blackberry virtual expert application.

Posted via CB10
    Tried already. All tests passed. There must be something beneath the screen that causes that. Almost can feel that by pressing the screen. It's becoming a habit. I have to try really hard not to press the screen every second minute to check if it's worse or better.

05-13-15 01:18 PM