Hey!
    I've been a dedicated fan of Blackberry for a big portion of my life. I got the Blackberry passport within a few months after it was released (it was a strenuous exercise given a friend in US had to purchase it, another in US had to have it delivered at their place and then bring it to me in Pakistan). I was in love with it and although it lacked usability for many apps, i happily reprioritized my life.
    When i moved to Finland, i brought the phone with me. Here, as before, it was firmly packed in a leather case and protective screen cover. Almost a year ago i realised that the screen had developed a crack in it. That was strange because i hadn't dropped it in the time frame when the crack appeared. On close examination i found out that the crack was on the inside of the screen. Yes, the outside was and remains scratchless but inside there is a crack. Maybe it happened due to the cold weather here although it is very disappointing if this was the case. The phone was expensive and the Blackberry i know do not compromise on the quality of their parts. So, it was a big disappointment to see the crack develop. The crack made the use of the phone impossible as it would keep pressing at that point and my blackberry would go crazy. Since then, my passport has been a beautiful carcass of a machine. I bought myself an s7edge but i have missed the keyboard on my BB.
    Now, as you can imagine, finding a replacement screen for the Passport in both Finland and Pakistan has been difficult. Also, in all honesty, i love my phone too much to hand it to some random mechanic who'd pry it open and fix a bad quality Chinese screen into it. So, i love been waiting for someone to go to the US or Canada for repairing the passport.
    In a few months my girlfriend will be making a quick trip to the US (Connecticut).
    I would need my fellow crackberries and the BB support system (as they're officially referring to crackberry) aswell to help me out here.
    How do i solve my problem? The phone would be in Connecticut. Do i simply have it dropped off at a blackberry outlet? Any idea how much it will cost and more importantly how long it will take? Any chances i can already talk to a representative and hence get a more official assurance or support?
    If anyone of you have got the screen replaced already please tell about your experience.
    03-31-17 01:51 PM
    I would recommend you to order the screen from ebay and then ask around your local phone repair shops if they can change the part.
    Im currently waiting for new battery and keyboard to arrive in Finland for my pp and im going to get it fixed.
    03-31-17 05:19 PM
    I would recommend you to order the screen from ebay and then ask around your local phone repair shops if they can change the part.
    Im currently waiting for new battery and keyboard to arrive in Finland for my pp and im going to get it fixed.
    Hey! Thanks for the reply.
    I'm just curious if the ordered screen would be of a good quality. How can I confirm that? You seem to have already ordered your battery etc. What was your benchmark for buying them?
    Also, where will you get yours fixed from? Maybe i can go to the same shop.
    04-01-17 03:22 AM
    I would order which has great reviews and it is supposed to be oem.

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...-assembly.html

And then I would ask around which local shop can repair the phone. It's really rare phone in finland but it is quite easy to work on if the mechanic is experienced.
    Don't know yet where I will send/bring my phone for repair because I live in the lapland.
    I hope that you get it fixed and working like new again!
    04-01-17 02:57 PM
    I would order which has great reviews and it is supposed to be oem.

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...-assembly.html

And then I would ask around which local shop can repair the phone. It's really rare phone in finland but it is quite easy to work on if the mechanic is experienced.
    Don't know yet where I will send/bring my phone for repair because I live in the lapland.
    I hope that you get it fixed and working like new again!
    Hey I ordered the screen and the tools and replaced it myself. The passport is working perfectly now.
    Attached Thumbnails Passport screen cracked from inside-29470.jpg  
    05-30-17 09:14 AM