My Passport saved a travel day.

Wow just wow. I am so impressed with the speed of this device. I swear I could not have done the same with my Z10.

So my wife and I were on our way home from separate cities. I use BlackBerry travel and TripIt Pro together to help manage our schedules.

The travel day started out ok. BlackBerry Travel and TripIt send out thier notices to me for both our flights. Looks ok.

Then the trouble began. My wife's flight from Canada started being delayed. (what's wrong with flights to the US from Canada? They are ALWAYS late!). First five min, then 20, then an hour, then two. I was in mid air already when she BBM's me that she wants me to check on availability on other flights. Now TripIt Pro usually includes a link to alternate flights on their delay SMS notifications. Since I was mid flight I didn't get the latest messages so I had one from earlier and I clicked the link.

BlackBerry browser opens up fast. I forgot my password so I had to bring up LastPass. Now on my Z10 just opening up LastPass or any android app or port would take forever. Not with the Passport. The app launched right up and I was logging into TripIt in moments.

TripIt's alternate flight search for mobile also is very quick and I took screen shots of the results. I then shared then over BBM to my wife to review. It was so seamless to open up the pictures app to find the screen shots and share them with my wife over BBM. The suggestions on sharing had her BBM id as one big square so no need to hunt for her in her my contacts.

She received the screen shots and was able to tactically change to a better flight.

All in all it took me all in less than 60 seconds to do all that. It would have easily taken me about ten minutes on my Z10 or longer if I had to reboot the thing if the android run time stopped working or if it got painfully slow for no apparent reason.

I am so happy with this device that I can do things at the speed I want. Finally!

P.S. Why couldn't my wife just done that herself? I travel a way more so I know to to quickly search for new flights and besides she has an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mrimperfect; 11-26-14 at 09:15 PM. Reason: changed title
    LoneStarRed, Hai Bo, GeoK and 7 others like this.
    11-26-14 08:09 PM
    Awesome story, Thanks. And the best part....she has an iPhone. Nuff said.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-26-14 08:13 PM
    P.S. Why couldn't my wife just done that herself? I travel a way more so I know to to quickly search for new flights and besides she has an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Y'know, you'd just told us the wonder when switching from a slower phone to a faster phone, then you asked that last question in your PS. The answer is so obvious. You are asking for it, mate.
    11-26-14 08:42 PM
    It's really those day to day little things that makes me love OS10 and my PP!
    A simple little thing:
    Called provider support on a 3G issue. He asks for settings and want to go thru with me on the spot. No worries.
    Put him the magnificent speakers (had to turn down the volume!), minimise phone, go to settings and talk with him about it and end conversation with him by making a reminder note with his name. Back to phone and saying goodbye. Fluid and easy - just as it should be.
    Surely other OS can do the same, but to me this is just effortless.
    Should change titel OP, would like to hear how people take advantage of their BB's

From my mighty PassPort
    hpjrt likes this.
    11-26-14 09:07 PM
    That was a really great experience you had with the Passport.
    Happy Turkey Day!
    11-26-14 10:14 PM
    Make sure you let her know she couldn't do that on her iPhone.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-27-14 12:57 AM
    Yay! Another win for Blackberry.
    11-27-14 01:40 AM
    Great story, enjoy your new passport

Posted via my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-27-14 05:08 AM
    The Passport combined with OS10 is quite easy to use also. I really don't understand why users of older BlackBerry os's say that it is soo difficult. It's fast responsive and combined with swipe flick and tap motions is miles ahead even compared to to ios and android!!!!???

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    hpjrt likes this.
    11-28-14 06:35 AM
    I'm glad to hear that BBM is working for you guys even if she only has an iPhone,lol,That 10.3 os is truly fantastic!
    11-28-14 07:01 AM
    My Passport saved a travel day.

Wow just wow. I am so impressed with the speed of this device. I swear I could not have done the same with my Z10.

So my wife and I were on our way home from separate cities. I use BlackBerry travel and TripIt Pro together to help manage our schedules.

The travel day started out ok. BlackBerry Travel and TripIt send out thier notices to me for both our flights. Looks ok.

Then the trouble began. My wife's flight from Canada started being delayed. (what's wrong with flights to the US from Canada? They are ALWAYS late!). First five min, then 20, then an hour, then two. I was in mid air already when she BBM's me that she wants me to check on availability on other flights. Now TripIt Pro usually includes a link to alternate flights on their delay SMS notifications. Since I was mid flight I didn't get the latest messages so I had one from earlier and I clicked the link.

BlackBerry browser opens up fast. I forgot my password so I had to bring up LastPass. Now on my Z10 just opening up LastPass or any android app or port would take forever. Not with the Passport. The app launched right up and I was logging into TripIt in moments.

TripIt's alternate flight search for mobile also is very quick and I took screen shots of the results. I then shared then over BBM to my wife to review. It was so seamless to open up the pictures app to find the screen shots and share them with my wife over BBM. The suggestions on sharing had her BBM id as one big square so no need to hunt for her in her my contacts.

She received the screen shots and was able to tactically change to a better flight.

All in all it took me all in less than 60 seconds to do all that. It would have easily taken me about ten minutes on my Z10 or longer if I had to reboot the thing if the android run time stopped working or if it got painfully slow for no apparent reason.

I am so happy with this device that I can do things at the speed I want. Finally!

Posted via CB10
    Awesome post just one comment

Flights are always late from Canada to US because of delays at US Airports. Flights are told to hold if weather or congestion at destination is delayed. Also,Canadians clear US Customs at Canada under our travel agreement.

I need to try those apps you mentioned

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    11-28-14 08:08 AM