11-29-15 02:40 PM
44 12
tools
    Hello crackberry users.
    I have been a BlackBerry user for like 6 years now. And I feel it doesnt meet my needs anymore. Do not rage please I know some immature people will rage at me. I do not wanna be ios user. I am thinking of buying s6 edge what you guys think about it? What I will miss? What I wll gain?

I give lot of importance to instagram and twitter at the moment due to my job. And I need more reliable camera and video options also better uploading. What you guys think?

Honest and proper opinions please.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    rcab and rcab like this.
    11-23-15 02:24 PM
    Why not get a Priv instead of the S6 edge, look at all the reviews here
    11-23-15 02:26 PM
    I just wanna switch to a new platform thats why

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 02:27 PM
    Android avoid,
    But if
    An Android
    Then Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 02:30 PM
    I went s6 edge ,Bb10 has been all but abandoned. So I choose a company that has used android for years. Why mess with another company that's still in the learning phase.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 02:34 PM
    What do u think about s6 edge

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 02:35 PM
    From what I've seen of the s6 edge, I like the curved display. It gives more depth to it. Camera is awesome. But the battery life apparently isn't great. To be aware of.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 03:39 PM
    I did the inverse, and just went from a Note 4 to a Passport SE. Twitter and Instagram and not required at all for business purposes, so that's not a problem for me but I can tell you that the Samsung phones have a much nicer camera and their overall app integration with those two apps is far superior to the SE. I'm content with pairing up my Passport with a great tablet so I can have the best of both worlds.

If I had to change from my Passport, it would be back to a Note 5 or a Nexus 6P. I personally find the edge phones to be a gimmick and like a flat screen for viewing.

Posted via CB10
    Bracken81 likes this.
    11-23-15 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Priv is a new platform..

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 05:33 PM
    I have a Passport and the S6 Edge, the Edge is very nice. Camera is fantastic! Battery SUCKS! I would say I'm a moderate user and I absolutely have to plug the Edge in by lunchtime.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 05:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Priv runs android just like s6 edge and they both have curved display. So why abandon BlackBerry family? Priv has extra advantage over s6.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-23-15 09:06 PM
    I always thought that Samsung makes fridges, Airconditoners..their phones looks like a fridge..haha

Passport SE
    11-23-15 11:07 PM
    What about the tons of advertisements Samsung users have to fight with as reviewers in magazines note again and again?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 02:08 AM
    I just sold the s6 edge...used it for a week and it sat in a box the next two months....

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 04:49 AM
    You'll miss......
    All the swipe from the UI
    You'll miss having everything in the hub
    You'll miss the wide screen
    You'll miss the hard buttons
    You'll miss the width of the phone if you have larger hands.
    You'll miss the battery life Passport delivers

I'm sure there are more, but that's a start. From personal experience having a Passport and a V10
    ruben1975 and sapk like this.
    11-24-15 05:36 AM
    I'm new to the BlackBerry scene and apparently late to the party . However I came over from the android world. Having the note 4 myself which my partner now has and they had the s6 edge the glass on the edge cracked across the screen for no reason at all.

Me however I'm confused as to why blackberry is dying. The passport is a great device and the OS is amazing if BlackBerry put their heads together they could make a comeback.

Back on point... being from Android and the glitches that come with it. Sure the apps are there but so is the malware. Things that you don't know are running and the background. Bloatware battery problems overheating etc. As with any phone I guess but more so with android. Firmwares that come out glitchy from super battery draining to deleting your contacts.

Don't think I'd go back to android or IOS if BlackBerry is dying and as a newcomer feeling the fresh fluid system I think I'd go to windows phone.

I literally just got the passport 3 weeks ago and I own a note pro 12.2 tablet for my android needs but after using the passport I look at the OS on my note and can see BlackBerrys superiority compaiered to android. But if it's apps that your needing (I have found I'm not a high app user) definitely android would be your best call but as someone else said you'll miss the swipes.

But if you are jumping ship think what your needing the phone for. If you want it for the ultimate apps it's gonna be Iphone. For the next best thing app wise android. But for actual day to day with outstanding battery and I mean this BlackBerry as an alt to blackberry would be windows phone, a crisp clean OS that is underrated

Posted via CB10
    dejavu1981 likes this.
    11-24-15 06:34 AM
    Priv runs android just like s6 edge and they both have curved display. So why abandon BlackBerry family? Priv has extra advantage over s6.

Wtf are you talking about, is it hard to understand?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 08:54 AM
    Pffft. So, not so much "doesn't meet my needs anymore." If you want advice about non-BlackBerry Android devices, why not take your question an Android Central forum? -- unless you just want to stir the pot, I mean.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-24-15 08:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    You wanted opinions and you lash out at someone for giving you one? Read up on the Priv if you're looking at android but still looking to have some BlackBerry ties.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 09:03 AM
    You wanted opinions and you lash out at someone for giving you one? Read up on the Priv if you're looking at android but still looking to have some BlackBerry ties.

Posted via CB10
    I am sure all of you guys are aware of the topic here. Its not "passport to priv ". I already thought of priv but I just dont want it thats all. No need for repetition of your unnecessary comments on unrelated topics.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 09:46 AM

One comes from an experienced Android manufacturer with a history of Android success, a large cult following and very positive reviews generally speaking.

The other comes as a public beta product that's getting questioned on both build quality and reliability including latency issues and bugs, from a company typically known for unreliable products for early adopters.

If I was to pay for an Android device, that would be a pretty quick decision. 3 or 4 devices from now with some more experience on the platform, I'd consider BlackBerry. But going with their product 'just because it's BlackBerry' isn't quite enough for some.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    kertong and ers_1967 like this.
    11-24-15 09:49 AM
    I am sure all of you guys are aware of the topic here. Its not "passport to priv ". I already thought of priv but I just dont want it thats all. No need for repetition of your unnecessary comments on unrelated topics.

Posted via CB10
    So then why are you posting here in the first place. You want to switch from BlackBerry to a different OEM, and you want to switch OS's from BB10 to Android.

What do you expect of people on the BlackBerry Passport forum? Take your question somewhere where it has relevance...

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-24-15 10:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wow OP. In your first post you asked people to not rage and act immature but you yourself behaved as one. Sorry for poking my head in your affairs.

Regards

Fellow Crackberrian

11-24-15 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    No offense but why would you ask Passport users on a Blackberry forum about an Edge that runs android. You either are looking to rouse some people or you must waste a lot of time asking the wrong people for the right advice. I'd head over to an android forum. Don't ask the baker which is the best cut of meat.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    11-24-15 12:09 PM
    Honestly, after that response from the OP, I think he is a bit trying to stir the pot... good luck anyway!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 12:09 PM
44 12