I give lot of importance to instagram and twitter at the moment due to my job. And I need more reliable camera and video options also better uploading. What you guys think?

Honest and proper opinions please.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Looking at your priorities the S6 Edge will provide what you need: great camera, apps apps apps,name it- they're all there. On the lighter side you save yourself from worrying whether you're on a dying platform or not. What you'll miss - assured consciousness of mobile security, product uniqueness (there's no me too here), gestures and the other goodies stated by Shawnreum. Good luck with your choice.
    Last edited by sapk; 11-24-15 at 11:57 PM.
    11-24-15 11:38 PM
    Have been using Android for 10 years and I just switched to passport se and I love it. The followings are the reason.
    Cons going to Android

1. Stability. This is the major reason why I came to bb10. The Android usually starts off great but just after a year, phone will start lagging and it just won't perform as well. IMO, never update to any major firmware when u use an android.
    2. Security. Don't need to explain..
    3. Key board.
    4. Mysterious files/ads. This was very frustrating when I was using my note 4. There were just so many files that were created when you installed apps. These files "IMO" are causing the lagging, you can't really located them all. I guess that's why they roll out these new phone every 6-9 months...

Pros going to Android
    1. Apps!!! Tons of apps.... However, some of them contain ads and files that will really slow down your phone.
    2. Google service. How great it is to get everything synced up and organized without doing any extra work.
    3. Choices. There are tons of manufacturers that make android phones. So many choices for you.

Overall, Android is a great but I would only pick up the nexus phones as they are pure android. Samsung s6 edge seems nice but the camera doesn't really work as fast as their commercial shows. I actually played with my friend's s6 edge for a while. If you are looking for picture quality instead of quick snap shot, look into the LG v10 as well. Cheers.
    BBRYQ10 and ominaxe like this.
    11-25-15 02:07 AM
    Just my personal thoughts on an android device.

Day to day, I am using two device, namely a BlackBerry Passport and an android phone (Oppo R7plus). Over the past few months, I had changed quite a number of androids phones due to the fact that I love playing with new devices.

I tried to use just android as my only main primary phone but if you are going to use for real serious emailing, mail sorting and etc, it is lacking.
    However, if that is your only option in mind now, I will seriously suggest paying for an email app line 'Nine'. So far all the standard emails that came with most phones and even Gmails, does not suit my requirements at all. If you do not handle huge emails per day, I feel that the standard android email client will still be able to meet your daily needs.

Anyway for now, I am stuck with my BlackBerry Passport and an android device due to the fact that the standard email client in BlackBerry just suit my needs.

However, I still need the android for some reasons like;
    - banking app, there are banking apps that I use does not work well when I sideload to my blackberry.
    - VPN, when I am overseas like in china, I would need VPN to bypass the 'great Wall of china' and BlackBerry device is very selective on the type of VPN that I can use.
    - Maps, the maps in BlackBerry is not bad, but I would say is still not good enough. Google maps does not seems to work well on sideload as well.
    - dual sim, at times of traveling, I would need the dual sim function to help with my data usage.

For android device, if I were to pick another one, I will seriously consider the LG G4 or even the Sony Z5. I will avoid samsung because I feel that had loaded too many UI functions which I does not use and slow down the overall phone.

For now, I am waiting for my Priv but will still hold on to my passport incase I would need to switch back if it does not suit my needs.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 09:04 AM
    Looking at your priorities the S6 Edge will provide what you need: great camera, apps apps apps,name it- they're all there. On the lighter side you save yourself from worrying whether you're on a dying platform or not. What you'll miss - assured consciousness of mobile security, product uniqueness (there's no me too here), gestures and the other goodies stated by Shawnreum. Good luck with your choice.
    Thank you for your brilliant and thoughtful reply.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 10:12 AM

Day to day, I am using two device, namely a BlackBerry Passport and an android phone (Oppo R7plus). Over the past few months, I had changed quite a number of androids phones due to the fact that I love playing with new devices.

I tried to use just android as my only main primary phone but if you are going to use for real serious emailing, mail sorting and etc, it is lacking.
    However, if that is your only option in mind now, I will seriously suggest paying for an email app line 'Nine'. So far all the standard emails that came with most phones and even Gmails, does not suit my requirements at all. If you do not handle huge emails per day, I feel that the standard android email client will still be able to meet your daily needs.

Anyway for now, I am stuck with my BlackBerry Passport and an android device due to the fact that the standard email client in BlackBerry just suit my needs.

- banking app, there are banking apps that I use does not work well when I sideload to my blackberry.
    - VPN, when I am overseas like in china, I would need VPN to bypass the 'great Wall of china' and BlackBerry device is very selective on the type of VPN that I can use.
    - Maps, the maps in BlackBerry is not bad, but I would say is still not good enough. Google maps does not seems to work well on sideload as well.
    - dual sim, at times of traveling, I would need the dual sim function to help with my data usage.

For android device, if I were to pick another one, I will seriously consider the LG G4 or even the Sony Z5. I will avoid samsung because I feel that had loaded too many UI functions which I does not use and slow down the overall phone.

For now, I am waiting for my Priv but will still hold on to my passport incase I would need to switch back if it does not suit my needs.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you a lot for talking about your priorities. Been a really helpful advise altough I do not like using 2 phones I can see you use them for different purposes.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 10:14 AM
    Have been using Android for 10 years and I just switched to passport se and I love it. The followings are the reason.
    Cons going to Android

1. Stability. This is the major reason why I came to bb10. The Android usually starts off great but just after a year, phone will start lagging and it just won't perform as well. IMO, never update to any major firmware when u use an android.
    2. Security. Don't need to explain..
    3. Key board.
    4. Mysterious files/ads. This was very frustrating when I was using my note 4. There were just so many files that were created when you installed apps. These files "IMO" are causing the lagging, you can't really located them all. I guess that's why they roll out these new phone every 6-9 months...

Pros going to Android
    1. Apps!!! Tons of apps.... However, some of them contain ads and files that will really slow down your phone.
    2. Google service. How great it is to get everything synced up and organized without doing any extra work.
    3. Choices. There are tons of manufacturers that make android phones. So many choices for you.

Overall, Android is a great but I would only pick up the nexus phones as they are pure android. Samsung s6 edge seems nice but the camera doesn't really work as fast as their commercial shows. I actually played with my friend's s6 edge for a while. If you are looking for picture quality instead of quick snap shot, look into the LG v10 as well. Cheers.
    I appreciate your detailed answer concerning my question mate. Been helpful really.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 10:15 AM
    Good luck. I'm moving other way. From iPhone 5s to Passport and also getting Samsung tablet for the apps I'll miss.

My favorite Samsung phone is Note 5.
    11-25-15 08:27 PM
    I think you should just get an iPhone. Do they still have that big old double pump button or have they figured out a way to get around that thing?

Posted via Z10
    11-25-15 10:21 PM
    I think you should just get an iPhone. Do they still have that big old double pump button or have they figured out a way to get around that thing?

Posted via Z10
    Tried iphone 5 when it was first announced. It just couldnt race with the heat. It was stucking for. 1hour on apple screen, I tried putting new os and updating didnt work out

Btw I have 3800 contancs and 6 emails and heavy call, whatsapp and email traffic also using instagram and banking applications a lot (which BlackBerry doesnt have)

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 03:03 AM
    Tried iphone 5 when it was first announced. It just couldnt race with the heat. It was stucking for. 1hour on apple screen, I tried putting new os and updating didnt work out

Btw I have 3800 contancs and 6 emails and heavy call, whatsapp and email traffic also using instagram and banking applications a lot (which BlackBerry doesnt have)

Posted via CB10
    I don't see how you can manage those with Samsung or any other android...typing and interfacing..let alone battery life. The only device that can handle that load effectively is a passport with its hub.

Passport SE
    11-26-15 05:30 PM
    I don't see how you can manage those with Samsung or any other android...typing and interfacing..let alone battery life. The only device that can handle that load effectively is a passport with its hub.

Passport SE
    True point. With passport I was sacrificing apps now I am gonna sacrifice productivitiy I guess

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:00 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind that BlackBerry supports IPsec protocol VPN as I always use it when I am traveling.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 11:02 PM
    I use Pure VPN. Supports Microsoft Ike v2 and works great on my passport

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-28-15 11:38 AM
    Honestly, given what you seem to want to use your phone for, I'd suggest the Note 5 or the Nexus 6P - not the Edge.

However, as people have said: you'll get a better bunch of suggestions over at Android Central.

As to what you'd miss from BB10? Well, you've decided to give up on it, so don't worry about it anymore.....you'll find ways around anything you'll miss on Android.
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-28-15 12:04 PM
    Hi there I use an ipod touch for apps, turn.my BlackBerry into a Hotspot and I'm good to go. Ipod is great and quick to charge almost anywhere as everyone has an iPhone charger. I use Periscope quite regularly and broadcast and do not seem to use hardly any data when unsung my z10 as a Hotspot. I'm thinking of the passport and keeping the ipod for instagram, twitter and periscope. It's a good option

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 08:12 PM
    If you're getting Samsung, get the one with 4gb ddr4... Android needs it.
    11-28-15 08:41 PM
    I've got the Note 5, and it's 4 GB of RAM and outstanding camera makes for an awesome combination.

I've installed the BlackBerry keyboard and this phone absolutely kills it now. Would recommend this phone or its cousin the S6 Edge Plus any day.
    11-29-15 09:43 AM
    To OP.....bye bye.

Blackberry Passport
    11-29-15 10:30 AM
    If you're so certain that you want to swap platforms you should be asking your questions in Android central forum not a BlackBerry forum!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-29-15 02:40 PM
44 12