Hi there

Can anyone help? My passport using mobile data will receive emails, load the Internet although It won't send bbm or what's app messages, if I try and use it a mobile Hotspot my other devices connect, although they won't work, they basically are not getting any WiFi connection. Can anyone help?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 01:18 PM
    First I would check with your carrier to make sure the device is provisioned correctly and you have the hotspot feature as part of your plan/contract/etc.
    Your BBM may not be working for a few reasons:
    We had a similar discussion here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12541541

Some other discussions: Results for 'BBM not working' | CrackBerry.com
    03-15-17 02:12 PM
    I bought the phone a year or so ago from blackberry, it's very strange. I've checked with a the carrier all is ok there

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 02:32 PM
    I bought the phone a year or so ago from blackberry, it's very strange. I've checked with a the carrier all is ok there

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried turning your Mobile Data and using straight Wi-Fi for the BBM and What's App?

the Hotspot, of course, won't allow wi-fi to run while the Hotspot is on. The Hotspot needs your Mobile data to work. When you configure your Hotspot, can you go into the settings, hit the little cog in the bottom and middle of the screen. This will reset the settings to default and you will have to create a new password for the Hotspot. Then try connecting your devices to your BlackBerry's hotspot again with the new information.

So we are trying to address two problems here. The first is, is it your Mobile data preventing BBM and What's App? So we are testing with straight wi-fi.

Second, is your Mobile Hotspot settings causing an issue to prevent your external devices from connecting to your BlackBerry to use it's mobile data with your carrier.

Hope this helps to give some insights.
    03-15-17 04:33 PM
    Hi there

Thank you for your reply!

Yes two separate problems, firstly bbm works over WiFi perfectly and won't send at all over mobile data, what's app is actually working over moblile data and so do all other apps.

The second problem is that when I want to use my phone as mobile Hotspot, I turn it on, my other devices can connect to my passport and I can see they are connected, although if I try to use the apps on the other devices nothing will ‎refresh, even though they are connected via the Hotspot.

These two problems have only started happening the last two days. They worked perfectly beforehand.

So yes I only use my Hotspot when out and about over mobile data, as you said this won't work if my passport is connected to WiFi.

So once again ‎I can connect my devices to the passport, they definitely, they just won't work as if they are not really connected.

I hope I am making sense

Thanks again for your reply

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 04:45 PM
    You're making sense, but the issues do not. Haha!

Can you remember anything unusual happening in the last couple of days before you started experiencing these issues?
    And have you tried just shutting the device off and turning it back on. (Sorry, for the reboot answer - but it does work sometimes).
    Any other clues?
    03-17-17 11:35 AM
    You're making sense, but the issues do not. Haha!

Can you remember anything unusual happening in the last couple of days before you started experiencing these issues?
    And have you tried just shutting the device off and turning it back on. (Sorry, for the reboot answer - but it does work sometimes).
    Any other clues?
    03-17-17 12:23 PM
    You can do security wipe

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-17-17 08:19 PM