Is anyone biking and running with a Passport. Is the size cumbersome? Is there a bike mount?

Just looking for real user experience.

thks in advance
    07-02-15 10:44 AM
    I bike to and from work everyday.
    It's only 6Km one way so not too bad... we have lots of hills here in Victoria.

I just put my phone in my pannier bag or if I need a quicker access I do have a Timbuk2 top tube bag that I can throw my phone.

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    07-02-15 06:25 PM
    Love my Passport, but too big for me to use at the gym or biking.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 07:20 PM
    Biking is ok, one can put it in shirt pocket, or pant pocket or in a bag, but u should run light weighted, avoid passport while running

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 09:33 PM
    I use mine with sports tracker and put it is my pocket. I would like to find a mount.

It is only awkward when I get a call and try to answer while riding.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 11:06 PM
    There has been mention of good bike mounts in the forums about 3-4 months ago, do a search

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-02-15 11:16 PM
    I run everyday. Usually for an hour. I gave up my passport and switch back to an iPhone because I couldn't find a comfortable place to carry it.that said, I do miss the phone. But running is my priority right now.
    07-03-15 12:02 AM
    Sometimes I run with the passport but lately I've been running with my z30.

Posted via CB10
    BirdBruce likes this.
    07-03-15 12:59 AM
    I run with it every second day.

I hold it in my hand and don't find it cumbersome, use the StilGut case to keep a little sweat off it, lol.

May try an arm band one day but I don't find it too bad at the moment.

Used passport on a 27km hike over 7hrs last weekend with Casca Run Pro app and still had over 60% battery left :-)

Official PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-03-15 06:26 AM
    I run everyday. Usually for an hour. I gave up my passport and switch back to an iPhone because I couldn't find a comfortable place to carry it.that said, I do miss the phone. But running is my priority right now.
    You could switch the SIM for running.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 08:18 PM
    I run about 20-25km per week and ride another 10 or so and I use an arm pocket for the Passport. www.armpocket.com

Give it a try

Posted via CB10
    BirdBruce likes this.
    07-08-15 08:23 PM
    I run about 20-25km per week and ride another 10 or so and I use an arm pocket for the Passport. www.armpocket.com

Give it a try

Posted via CB10
    What size are you using? They don't have for passport.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    07-08-15 10:34 PM
    The Passport is not built for running or designed for any physical activities - just only saying. Although there are probably additional things we can add to protect and/or make it robust to withstand outdoor activities, still prevention is the best cure... again, just only saying. It is your money, you can do whatever you want to do with it but if it does break, please don't blame the manufacturer for producing inferior products...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:46 PM
    @7onZ I bought the Mega i40. It was tight at first but after a while it loosened up and fits really well. Also has storage for keys and a debit card

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    07-08-15 11:32 PM
    @joshu_sx1 I disagree. I bought the phone to use in all aspects of my life and running is one of them. I did not buy the phone to put it on a pedestal. Running/walking/biking or any activity does not put my Passport at harm. It is on my arm and after the first few steps, you don't even notice it there.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:35 PM
    @dexter, I agree with your perspective. As I said, it is your own money, you can do whatever you want to do with it.

I do run too. But I don't bring my Passport with me. I wouldn't run for more than 2 hours anyway. And I still can live without my Passport for more than 2 hours. If ever, I'm expecting an important call or want some music while running, I bring my HTC Mini HD (transferred my SIM Card).

I found the Passport size and weight not really an ideal companion in running. With its size and weight plus the physical keyboard, it is probably sensitive to vibration (compare with light, small and all touch screen device) that may have negative impact on its internal parts in the long run. Again, I'm just only doing prevention.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 12:03 AM
    @7onZ I bought the Mega i40. It was tight at first but after a while it loosened up and fits really well. Also has storage for keys and a debit card
    Thanks. I've been eyeing also to flip belt( https://flipbelt.com/ ). This might very well would work for me.

I do run too. But I don't bring my Passport with me. I wouldn't run for more than 2 hours anyway. And I still can live without my Passport for more than 2 hours. If ever, I'm expecting an important call or want some music while running, I bring my HTC Mini HD (transferred my SIM Card).

I found the Passport size and weight not really an ideal companion in running. With its size and weight plus the physical keyboard, it is probably sensitive to vibration (compare with light, small and all touch screen device) that may have negative impact on its internal parts in the long run. Again, I'm just only doing prevention.
    Worst case scenario is I'ma have to buy a device that would work pretty well with apps such as iphone 5s (s for sport). I'm thinking to buy the pro version of freeletics app, but I'm afraid that it might not work well with BB10's emulator. That subscription is in certainly not small amount so I'd better go to what is tested.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    07-09-15 11:02 PM
    ^Same here. Sometimes, I'm just having a thought of buying those so-called smart watches. Unfortunately, most of them are better to be paired with non-BB10 devices :-(

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:24 AM
    Is anyone biking and running with a Passport. Is the size cumbersome? Is there a bike mount?

Just looking for real user experience.

thks in advance
    I use an arm holster and works great!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-10-15 11:18 AM
    Seidio has a great bike mount for passport

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 05:07 AM
    I run and always take my Passport with me for the Endomondo app and possible emergencies.

Since a couple of months now I have a belt with small water bottles for running. It has an extra pouch that my Passport fits perfectly into. It's quite tight so the PP doesn't bump around all the time. I can adjust the location of the pouch on the belt, but found out it works best (for me) when placed on the left side.

In the past I used to hold it in my hand while running. Which was far from ideal, but it worked.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 05:23 AM
    I walk with mine everyday with CascaRun Pro.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-21-15 03:00 PM
    Hi guys, I am not a runner and I don't bike any more either for that matter at 70 I can start walking again. Any ways if you want a good phone clip for your. Motor cycle, bike, Car truck or just about anything else I highly recommend. Proclipusa.com. I have used Pro Clip first my Storm in a Mack & Freightliner and in my car and then the Bold and Z30. They make mounts for any phone/ car. Simply put they are great.

 Pr1ngle
    09-21-15 03:40 PM
    the large size spibelt that is sold on amazon works perfectly Large Pocket SPIbelt | Fitness & Travel Belt
    09-21-15 06:51 PM
    I usually prefer to ride my bike without any gadgets with me. It's nice to disconnect for some physical activity so that the activity itself is better enjoyed. But, when I can't, it's best to carry my phone inside a backpack connected to my Sony bluetooth headset if I have to interact with it while it's stowed.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 07:40 PM
29 12