08-27-15 12:22 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    But the detailed information required to show lollipop is running on the device wasn't in a third party app. Or did I miss that?

All the "detailed information that was showed was and is irrelevant if you don't show the OS information which the system settings would and should show just as easily.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    What more OS information do you want? He went to the about device page in settings as well and it showed 5.1. My Nexus tablet runs 5.1.1, so this Android build is extremely close to the latest available.
    08-24-15 07:41 PM
    It's clearly running Android. They're out there. We all knew this. Hopefully it is somehow a unique secured Android to set BlackBerry apart besides a skin.

The real question for me that I'm not sure is... is this the Silver Edition or the Oslo? Everyone keeps saying it's the SE, but I'm not quite sure that it is.

Unfortunately, I don't have the SE to compare :-(

Posted via CB10
    Philtr likes this.
    08-24-15 08:21 PM
    Nobody cares about your emotions dude.

It is a BlackBerry.

Quit being a cry baby.

Posted via CB10
    He's been doing a lot of that lately. Someone give acovey a hug!

Posted via C5303
    08-24-15 08:51 PM
    I just bought my se got delivered yesterday does it mean they going to drop support for bb10 or will we have a upgrade path to android or even a duel boot.
    Philtr likes this.
    08-25-15 01:14 AM
    It's clearly running Android. They're out there. We all knew this. Hopefully it is somehow a unique secured Android to set BlackBerry apart besides a skin.

The real question for me that I'm not sure is... is this the Silver Edition or the Oslo? Everyone keeps saying it's the SE, but I'm not quite sure that it is.

Unfortunately, I don't have the SE to compare :-(

Posted via CB10
    It's the Oslo. Thurask picked that up from the settings screen shown on clip.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:08 AM
    It's the Oslo. Thurask picked that up from the settings screen shown on clip.

Posted via CB10
    Could be possible that the Oslo is the next generation Passport running Android. At this point it's anyone's guess (besides those in the know).

Thought it was the Oslo and not the SE, but so many posters keep referencing this as the Silver Edition running Android.

Thanks for the clarification!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:27 AM
    I've never used an android before however as long as it still has the hub and screen gestures of bb10 i think i can adjust. Furthermore I just hope there's a CDMA version to this phone in that case I don't care what OS they put on it (as long as it isnt windows) lol
    08-25-15 09:18 AM
    Pin watermarks. That they didn't want to show

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 10:27 AM
    Only the back material is different, the passport in the video has the same material as the OG passport, the SE has a diffrente material.

But the look is the same.. so basically
    it would be a SE with an OG material on the back.
    08-25-15 12:37 PM
    I don't think Android has ever moved so fast, EVER!
    That's very hilarious that it's done on a BlackBerry!
    08-25-15 07:23 PM
    I agree. I might stay on BB10... I might go to Android.

But I can seriously see that having the option could be a hell of a good marketing ploy for BlackBerry.
    Wow. Yes, very potent ploy if BlackBerry can pull it off.
    08-25-15 07:49 PM
    Blackberry Android will be dual boot.
    Efficiency Through Software: New QNX Hypervisor Enables Cost-Effective, Consolidated Embedded Systems
    A drop down tab will allow the switch to Android. Will be great for corporate Android users, and just might catch on with consumer android users, becoming a "gateway" device to Blackberry:-)
    08-27-15 12:18 PM
    Robin11: Interesting. I want to be very careful in my selection of words to insure I neither insult nor mis-lead. .......

Ok. Let's try this, eh hem - wrong.
    08-27-15 12:22 PM
88 ... 234