08-27-15 12:22 PM
88 1234
tools
    I wonder how such NOT FOR SALE (property of BlackBerry Limited) device has landed in Brazil . . . while quite a few evaluation units have been delivered to carriers and the like for field testing and employee training purposes around the globe.

Passport running Android [VIDEO]-not-sale.png
    Last edited by yhamaie; 08-25-15 at 01:30 AM.
    08-24-15 01:43 AM
    Thousands

I watched the video and I must say I am extremely intrigued. I love the passport physically and I really love hub. I do miss the apps of android.

I hate Google for spying and data mining me though that's why I stopped using Google services.

I have quite mixed emotions right now.

Posted via Silver Passport.
    When it really comes down to it, the Google Services apps that I want are all made by Google. I'd prefer that BlackBerry try to license those apps for inclusion in BB10 than use Android just to get the apps.

Having said that, I was kind of taken aback by how bad Android looks on the Passport. I mean, I realize they'll skin it, but as it was reviewed it looks uglier than sin... and a lot less fun.
    08-24-15 02:04 AM
    This Vdeo Was madeira by Dudu Rocha, a youtuber From Brazil.

Aparentily his canadian friend, ex BlackBerry employer send PP SE with lollipop 5.1 to him.

Vdeo is self explaining, not necessaire translation.

I recomend t mods change title to Passport running Lollipop VDEO, for best clarification
    While a translation may not be necessary, I'd be interested in reading or hearing one. I'm kind of curious as to what he thought. As it stands, unthemed, unskinned, Android L looks awful on the Passport. It didn't seem all that quick, either. Was the reviewer impressed. Did he mention whether he could dual boot? He seemed to have a BB10 Passport, too. Which did he prefer? Was it the same Passport just dual booted?

Anyway, thanks for the share!
    08-24-15 02:08 AM
    If you want to be an Android fan boy go for it, lots on the market and they ALL look the same. I am a BB user because I like the OS and it meets my needs. I don't need your approval to say what I want on this form so get back to your Android fart apps.
    Lol. Except that I've never actually owned an android phone. It's been BlackBerry for ever and currently been using a BlackBerry Passport for almost a year now.

Anyhow... It is a BlackBerry. I can't wait for the Venice then sit back and watch you cry some more.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:08 AM
    Interesting was the keyboard. The numbers popped up when he typed...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:23 AM
    This guy seems like someone that might know where to find a prostitute in Sao Paulo, not the most esoteric smartphone device in the world running a non-native OS.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    08-24-15 02:32 AM
    Very interesting. Considering it's a test unit I think the final result will be very different, hopefully much better. It would be ironic if the best version of Android turns out to be the BlackBerry one.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    08-24-15 02:47 AM
    While a translation may not be necessary, I'd be interested in reading or hearing one. I'm kind of curious as to what he thought. As it stands, unthemed, unskinned, Android L looks awful on the Passport. It didn't seem all that quick, either. Was the reviewer impressed. Did he mention whether he could dual boot? He seemed to have a BB10 Passport, too. Which did he prefer? Was it the same Passport just dual booted?

He said that the BB10 Passport was his main phone for a month and a half, he really liked the phone and he stopped using it because it wasn't an Android. Now if Blackberry releases a Passport with Android he would definitely want one. Unfortunately he won't be able to keep this one because it's not his, a Canadian friend (he didn't give his name because he didn't want to get the guy in trouble) sent it to him and he has to send it back.
    08-24-15 02:48 AM
    He did a great job setting up a launcher and available android apps

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    08-24-15 05:06 AM

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    I tried a lot of launchers but didn't get them as good as this...

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 05:14 AM
    Hopefully In another week or two this will get leaked out and we can all try it.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 05:24 AM
    I hope so but is the boot loader on passport locked down like.
    08-24-15 05:33 AM
    It appears that BlackBerry Productivity Suite series of apps are not yet installed on this device.

Passport running Android [VIDEO]-oslo1.jpg
    Passport running Android [VIDEO]-oslo2.jpg
    Passport running Android [VIDEO]-blackberry_experience_suite.png
    Last edited by yhamaie; 08-25-15 at 01:31 AM.
    alan0ford likes this.
    08-24-15 05:46 AM
    He did mentioned that it was sent to him from a "friend" in Canada that he could not name, and he had to return it!
    He also said that it was his dream device and he would absolutely love to have one.
    Talk about secure carrier?!?!?!

lol
    08-24-15 07:43 AM
    Doubt it's the real deal.
    If it was, why go to a 64 title app instead of the settings to show off the settings.
    Passport running Android [VIDEO]-47058317.jpg
    08-24-15 08:21 AM
    08-24-15 08:54 AM
    I wonder how much it will sell if he put this on ebay??
    Haha

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    He said he is returning the device to his Canadian friend.

BlackBerry Passport
    08-24-15 09:01 AM

He liked the OG but he loved the SE running Android.
    No dual boot was mentioned.
    He also said that was posible to install Android in the OG.
    His OG has BB10.

BlackBerry Passport
    08-24-15 09:09 AM
    He liked the OG but he loved the SE running Android.
    No dual boot was mentioned.
    His OG has BB10.

BlackBerry Passport
    If this is true, it would be good.
    The more options we have, the better.
    Let's say, if you want to try it you can. But if you want to go back to bb10 it also is possible. That would be good

Posted via CB10
    Adam Rees likes this.
    08-24-15 09:12 AM
    I think this part is too good to be true, but I hope that I am wrong. Seems like Chen would want to focus on selling new hardware instead giving a massive upgrade to those who already bought devices. Again. I hope I am wrong though.
    08-24-15 10:03 AM
    Oh the joys of Android fame skipping interface scrolling. Paralleled only by Windows Mobile CE.
    08-24-15 10:20 AM
    I think this part is too good to be true, but I hope that I am wrong. Seems like Chen would want to focus on selling new hardware instead giving a massive upgrade to those who already bought devices. Again. I hope I am wrong though.
    I can't see why it shouldn't be possible. If it can run on the SE, then it surely can run on the original passport. To my knowledge the innards (the hardware) is the same on the two devices.
    08-24-15 11:06 AM
    I can't see why it shouldn't be possible. If it can run on the SE, then it surely can run on the original passport. To my knowledge the innards (the hardware) is the same on the two devices.
    I'd be surprised if the Boot ROMs are the same for BB10 and Android.
    08-24-15 11:15 AM
    I'd be surprised if the Boot ROMs are the same for BB10 and Android.
    Yeah that's where I'm at too... I'd be mighty interested in hearing more about the implementation of Android on BB phones. Especially what was mentioned that it should be possible to switch OS if required.

Hell... I'm curious... Need more info from BlackBerry... Perhaps in the end of sept?
    08-24-15 11:20 AM
    I don't think it is a question if it can be done. I know the old BB10 devices can run Android, I just don't think BlackBerry would be cool enough to allow it.

For example, the BlackBerry PlayBook has the same guts as a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, yet BlackBerry left it to die with the tablet OS instead of allowing users to put Android on it.
    08-24-15 11:23 AM
88 1234