Wont be able to get a Z30, i get all the gear in at my cost so need to be frugal. Will keep a weekly article on the passport/bb10 going though. As for the Z30 I just found the GSMarena test figures and the scores are really bad. When headphones are connected the total harmonic distortion is one of the worst I have seen on a mobile device. IMD Noise also goes through the roof but I would probably put it down to maybe a far poorer amp section than is found in the Passport. Or a fault in GSM's testing which is probably less likely.
    05-22-15 07:52 PM
    I'm on day 1 of the Tidal free trial right now. I have a Passport running the .500 leak and use Klipsch Image One. I'll let you know how I like it after a few days.

Posted via my gorgeous red Passport
    05-30-15 03:39 PM
    Really appreciate the effort in this, love audio reviews!
    Personally, like to keep music on separate device for battery reasons (Sansa Clip+), but tempted to compare with Passport now.. hmm..
    05-30-15 04:23 PM
    I'm on day 1 of the Tidal free trial right now. I have a Passport running the .500 leak and use Klipsch Image One. I'll let you know how I like it after a few days.

Im very impressed with Tidal so far the playlists have for the most part been excellent for me and I find myself discovering loads of new music on it. Left me know how it goes.

Posted via my gorgeous red Passport
    05-31-15 07:12 PM
    Really appreciate the effort in this, love audio reviews!
    Personally, like to keep music on separate device for battery reasons (Sansa Clip+), but tempted to compare with Passport now.. hmm..
    Thanks Min,
    Got another rambling article coming up on Tuesday covering productivity and added a blackberry section on the site http://audiophileon.com/blackberry/ for future articles.
    I think its pretty comparable to the clip in many ways being that the FR graph off of the Passport is ruler flat through most of the spectrum. Battery was always an issue on my android devices, so streaming was out (which I now do all day on the Passport) find myself only taking a DAP if I know I am going to be doing critical listening on a demanding set of headphones for review etc. The more I use this phone the more impressed I am.
    Last edited by stozzaudio; 05-31-15 at 07:20 PM. Reason: link
    minttea likes this.
    05-31-15 07:18 PM
    Finally got round to installing Tidal. The quality is superb.

But I'm a bit blown away with the quality of the Passport's delivery. I have a pair of Grado SR60s, not top end headphones by any measure, but I am well well chuffed.
    06-06-15 11:03 AM
    The article is wonderful, thank you so much! I've got a question: what do you think about balanced armature earphones (1 driver) Westone UM PRO 10 and will they work correctly with the passport? The only thing that stops me from buying is the power = 40 mWt. If they are incompatible what other alternatives in this price range and audio quality can you suggest? Thank you and sorry for my English.
    12-11-15 12:23 AM
32 12