Hi I checked ebay and amazon but don't know where else to look.

Inevitably we will have to change battery and I want to find a source now instead of later.

Z30 is only 10 now and note 3 5 so even 15 20 for new battery, would let me make heavy use of my phone more comfortably.
    01-27-15 02:47 AM
    really? doesn't the battery last for a couple of years? I'm sure you will be able to find one by then.
    01-27-15 05:37 AM
    really? doesn't the battery last for a couple of years? I'm sure you will be able to find one by then.
    Not on one charge though that would be awesome.

I couldn't resist.

T-Mobile  SQW100-1 Passport running Autoloaded 10.3.1.2072.
    nglfmark and MobileMadness002 like this.
    01-27-15 05:51 AM
    Jaydee is right, it should last a couple of years. But I would be interested to source an extra battery. I'll probably replace mine after a year.
    01-27-15 07:21 AM
    Lion batterys have thousands of cycles before they need to be replaced. You'll probably replace the device long before you need to replace the battery. Besides, are you going to tear it apart to replace a battery that will more then likely out live the device its in?

With that being said, I have several li-poly(from 1200mAh to 4200mAh)(still lithium type battery although a different compound) that have 70 to 80k cycles on them with no degradation. And trust me when I tell you, we are way tougher(rapid discharges and rapid charges, I can kill a 4200mAh battery in under 5 minutes) on batteries in the R/C airplanes hobby then any cell phone is(several cycles in a couple hours.)
    jmr1015 likes this.
    01-27-15 07:42 AM
    Idk, I've had lifepo4 on ebikes start to degrade and I'm running a 48v 15ah li-po right now.

My note 3 lost 15% capacity in only 8 months. If I use my passport as my only daily driver, the web browsing alone would kill it fast. I guess I could just not 100 0 it lol.

I'll charge it at 50, if I just use it for communication and put it on standby I get 4 5 days. Otherwise, smartphone batteries can die fast.

Firefox android may be killing my note fast, but I use adblock and ghostery and would prefer to on bb10 as well.

Guess I'll have to wait for a replacement battery.
    01-27-15 10:20 PM
    Idk, I've had lifepo4 on ebikes start to degrade and I'm running a 48v 15ah li-po right now.

My note 3 lost 15% capacity in only 8 months. If I use my passport as my only daily driver, the web browsing alone would kill it fast. I guess I could just not 100 0 it lol.

I'll charge it at 50, if I just use it for communication and put it on standby I get 4 5 days. Otherwise, smartphone batteries can die fast.

Firefox android may be killing my note fast, but I use adblock and ghostery and would prefer to on bb10 as well.

Guess I'll have to wait for a replacement battery.
    My Z10 is over 80% after 2 years. But I swap between 2 batteries

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 12:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    True I remember your posts from when I had a z10 on my old account.

I guess it just samsung crap, I get under 7 hrs on a new battery with just Skype on note 3.

I'll just passport and see what happens thanks everyone.

I used to swap between two batteries too, but I used the roots case so it got annoying. Used only tpu on note, and passport is naked.

Lol no screen protector either, this keyboard is sick and the speakers sound real.
    01-28-15 01:58 AM
    I'm in need of a battery now. A friend of mine was changing my Passport screen and damaged the battery, smoked and foul odor.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 06:47 PM
    This is a dumb post. However I can attest that it's really easy to change a Passport battery. I can do it in less than 15 min, probably 10. I have done it

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:04 PM
    It can help if you could record next time and share with us.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    After a year and a half, my Z10 battery was maybe at 75% ?

Right before I replaced it, I was usually barely able to go a day with the battery. This is with moderate gaming daily though

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:47 PM
    A quality battery should easily last the two years of a traditional carrier contract/upgrade cycle with little degradation to battery life. I've personally found software updates to be far more detrimental to battery life than age or use.

Also, some manufacturers have a stand alone battery warranty... Or at least, cover the battery under the initial one year warranty.
    02-11-15 11:14 PM
    This is a dumb post. However I can attest that it's really easy to change a Passport battery. I can do it in less than 15 min, probably 10. I have done it

Posted via CB10
    And where would you buy the replacement battery from? The question was not how do it but the shop from which you get the new battery that you are capable to replace in some minutes... tutorial that you can film and post on youtube to help this community.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675; Germany.
    mhw100 likes this.
    02-12-15 01:24 AM
    You are looking for it rather early OP. There is not event replacement part on the market yet so forget the spare battery when your phone has non removable battery.

Posted from my Passport
    anischab likes this.
    02-12-15 03:55 AM
    A lithium battery loses bit of capacity with each charge cycle.

So the 10 hrs can become 8, which you may not like. My note 3 had that problem, just with skyoe voice and some web browsing the battery can die in 6.5- 7.25 hrs.

I could easily sap the passport battery in 6 mths. Skype kn passport even on mobile data, uses less battery though.

Still, no replacement though.. Do you guys think one will ever come out? How long did z30 take
    03-07-15 04:46 PM
    You are looking for it rather early OP. There is not event replacement part on the market yet so forget the spare battery when your phone has non removable battery.

Posted from my Passport
    I actually see Passport replacement screens and back covers on Taobao already.

BlackBerry designed the phones to last 1 year (hence the 1 year warranty), Carriers want you to finance it for 2 years. I bought mine unlocked for full price so screw them both, I'm using mine for 4+ years, just like my out of support Pre 3. I'm not a believer of constantly replacing phones unless there is something seriously wrong with it.

Pretty sure in the worst case I can't find a battery, my backup power bank should hold up my Classic just fine.
    03-07-15 04:56 PM
    I actually see Passport replacement screens and back covers on Taobao already.

BlackBerry designed the phones to last 1 year (hence the 1 year warranty), Carriers want you to finance it for 2 years. I bought mine unlocked for full price so screw them both, I'm using mine for 4+ years, just like my out of support Pre 3. I'm not a believer of constantly replacing phones unless there is something seriously wrong with it.

Pretty sure in the worst case I can't find a battery, my backup power bank should hold up my Classic just fine.
    Exactly, I want to keep this for long as possible. After bold 9700 being perfect, I was disappointed by bbos7 this passport is perfect.

I would never go back to android, or anything lol. That's why I really want to keep this long as possible.

In india, keep phone for 7 or 8 years, probably 3-4 now so why would I switch for no reason.

I don't even faster specs or any of that. Just make waterproof, and bigger battery is always welcome. Otherwise this phone is even fast enough to use crackberry through browser.

I can type at full speed, while my note 3 lags like a pentium 4 on this site lol.
    03-09-15 02:38 AM
    03-09-15 02:56 AM
    I don't see any passport parts listed there, even for z30 there is only oem charger pack and screen.
    03-12-15 09:55 PM
    Bump. I still haven't found anything.
    03-22-15 08:31 AM
    Rule of thumb with lipols is to recharge at 30%

Try to not habitually go below that level and it will live much longer.
    03-22-15 10:46 AM
    Rule of thumb with lipols is to recharge at 30%

Try to not habitually go below that level and it will live much longer.
    How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University
    Depth of discharge (100% DOD = 0% Battery life) Test to 80% capacity I think.
    100% DoD

50% DoD

25% DoD

10% DoD

Discharge cycles
    300 – 500

1,200 – 1,500

2,000 – 2,500

3,750 – 4,700
    ----
    I don't personally like to take it below 1/3 discharge unless I have to. I usually charge when it gets to around 70% as that is what 2 day standby or 1 day of use gets me to.

Same thing with my e-bike.

On my Note I just let it discharge to w.e because the battery is removable. I'm gonna sell my note 3 and Nexus 7 when a Passport Replacement Battery comes out.

#BB10 Only.
    03-23-15 10:58 AM
    The replacement is available here. At the current exchange rate that's about 150 bucks, plus shipping, plus risk that they don't send it to you.

It looks to me like the battery has a ribbon cable that is (probably) taped to contacts at the top of the battery. It also looks like replacement of the battery is trivially easy.
    03-25-15 11:52 AM
    Call this guy, he can get them.
    Passport replacement battery-img_20150321_162039.jpg

Posted via CB10
    CharlieV likes this.
    03-25-15 08:56 PM
30 12