My Passport battery was on crutches and around same time Passport display went bunk. So I was scouting around for replacement battery which can come by post to India. Got both the display and battery from aliexpress as other known legit websites wont ship to India. My display assembly is still on high seas but battery is already here.
    Original battery of passport was 3450mAh so when I had ordered the battery on this page
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...4bdc4c4dne7jNs
    I was surprised to see the replacement battery is 4800mAh. Maybe newer technology is the reason behind extra capacity I thought but what is got delivered is this battery. A huge 5200mAh battery.
    What’s going on here. Snake oil in different package? Is it any good or even close to original?
    Attached Thumbnails Passport Replacement Battery-img_20200810_183637.jpg  
    08-10-20 10:03 AM
    My Passport battery was on crutches and around same time Passport display went bunk. So I was scouting around for replacement battery which can come by post to India. Got both the display and battery from aliexpress as other known legit websites wont ship to India. My display assembly is still on high seas but battery is already here.
    Original battery of passport was 3450mAh so when I had ordered the battery on this page
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...4bdc4c4dne7jNs
    I was surprised to see the replacement battery is 4800mAh. Maybe newer technology is the reason behind extra capacity I thought but what is got delivered is this battery. A huge 5200mAh battery.
    What’s going on here. Snake oil in different package? Is it any good or even close to original?
    False advertising on the internet?!? Shocking I say, just shocking......

Good luck either way
    08-10-20 10:06 AM
    I am not much shocked Chuck as anything coming via yellow boat should be taken with a pinch of salt. It got me confused only on account that I recall in past there have been high capacity batteries for Z10 but they also needed fatter bays to fit in. Claim of 5200mAh is outrageous unless new technology or materials are involved; about which I have no idea.
    08-10-20 10:34 AM
    I am not much shocked Chuck as anything coming via yellow boat should be taken with a pinch of salt. It got me confused only on account that I recall in past there have been high capacity batteries for Z10 but they also needed fatter bays to fit in. Claim of 5200mAh is outrageous unless new technology or materials are involved; about which I have no idea.
    It's not 5200 and the tech has not changed or materials.
    08-10-20 11:07 AM
    Yeah you can see lot's of claims for batteries with higher capacities than the OEM batteries, for iPhones and Galaxy phones.... most reviews go "it was great for a few months, and then it died...."

While I'm sure battery technology has improved in the last seven years.... it hasn't improved that much, and it's not going to be cheaper.

But you have it... plug it in and see how it goes. And let us know.... I'm sure other would be interested in getting four days of battery life out of their Passport.
    HereticHermit likes this.
    08-10-20 03:43 PM