I'm just curious because I don't do a lot on my phone for work but what does a BB do that Android can't? I use office a lot therefore my phone is mostly email opening and or entertainment.

The folks at my work who have company issued phones have iphones or android phones so I really do want to know.

Posted via CB10
    Security and hard keyboard, which makes typing longer letters or messages much easier. Especially with the active touch keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:00 AM
    From the looks of it, the stuff you miss from the Passport far out weigh the the stuff you like about the Edge..... in my humble opinion of course
    (Except for maybe the Edge camera although the Passport camera is still pretty good)

From the passport, I miss:

1) The clean, integrated professional hub
    2) The calendar. Just awesome.
    3) The touch keyboard. Not so much the typing, but the fact that you don't need to touch the screen as much to scroll.
    4) I still use Blend. Even if the PP is at home, I love using blend.

Surprise things I love about the Edge:

1) Camera. Fast, awesome pics.
    2) I love the fingerprint unlock
    3) The world clock UI is great. There's a spinning globe you can pick cities from. (TAT, you could have done it like this!)
    4) The Edge screen. Kinda new, but definitely has potential (BB Slider... looking at you!)

Come on BB, make that slider a killer with a legit android runtime!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:04 AM
    In addition to my Passport, I now also own a Galaxy Note Edge. It's a great device with a large, beautiful screen, and I like no fuss access to just about all of the apps that I can use.

As others have confirmed, the BB10 OS is so simple and efficient that it makes Android look like a garbled, confusing mess. Sometimes, having 20 different ways to do the same thing is a bad thing.

I refuse to use email on the Samsung. The experience sucks compared to that on BB10. Period. No debate.

The Galaxy Note's camera is awesome. So is the Passport's, but I probably give the edge to the Edge, although slightly.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    05-25-15 10:38 AM
    I am not sure if it's only me or what but I am not liking the Samsung devices looks anymore. I walked into a store to try out both the edge and standard, and I think they look old and boring. Most reviewers are talking about how good the S6 looks but to me it's just ugly. The camera and the back extremely ugly. Again this is just my point of view. Passport still looks way more professional and nicer to hold.
    05-25-15 11:09 AM
    I juggle between 3 BlackBerrys and my S6 Edge. I miss so much from my BlackBerry when on my Edge.
    But the app ecosystem just makes me cry when I'm forced to use apps that have to be used on an Android only which depend on the latest Google play services.
    Can't wait for the BlackBerry Slider .

Passport relegated to #2 - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge-img_20150525_221557.jpg
    I wish Urban Armor Gear made something this cool for a BlackBerry. Then again most BlackBerrys are tanks on their own and don't need cases like this .

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 11:48 AM
    If you tinker a little you can make the apps using Google play services to work pretty well on the Passport.
    Last edited by Morgothor; 05-25-15 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-25-15 05:10 PM
    After all these years with so many flagship phones I tried, the best combination for work and fun for me is blackberry passport and Sony xperia tablet..

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 06:10 AM
    If I had to move from BlackBerry it would for windows. I think windows will be a word to say in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 07:07 AM
    If I had to move from BlackBerry it would for windows. I think windows will be a word to say in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    Windows? Awful workstation software. Awful smartphone software. No thank you!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 07:19 AM
    It's crazy to see how apple and Samsung have such similar products now.
    S6 vs. 6S...Lol

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-26-15 10:15 AM
    S6 vs. 6S...Lol

So true. Very happy to choose NEITHER!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:34 PM
    So true. Very happy to choose NEITHER!

Posted via CB10
    I heard 7 is the lucky number!!

05-26-15 12:42 PM
    Apple definitely has better build quality than BlackBerry. No question. Better designs and materials, too. In fact, the Passport is more prone to bending than the iPhone 6+.

That said, I really prefer BlackBerry when they get something right. I bought a new Q10 nearly two years after buying my first one, and the build quality is as if it were a completely different phone. No comparison that the new Q10 is a better built phone than a launch Q10.

Running 10.2.Squircle
    I don't know where this comes from. At work 3 people have iphones with broken glass. Funny to see them trying to use them. My better half uses my Q10 because his Galaxy glass broke. My boss can't use his samsung cause broken glass. Never ever have I had the problems these people are having with a BlackBerry. When other phones die, people take out their old trusty BB''s

Jaglenn's Passport
    05-28-15 10:13 AM
    I think I should stockpile Q10s

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 10:57 AM
    Not a bad idea!!

Jaglenn's Passport
    05-28-15 02:15 PM
    I hardly ever see broken glass no matter the phone, but you are going to see more apple and samsung screens broken because there are around 1000x more of them in the wild...you are bound to find a broken one. I have never seen a Passport with a broken screen... wait I've never seen one in the wild unless I'm looking at mine.

Posted via CB10
    devin266 likes this.
    05-28-15 06:41 PM
    Congratulations. Not sure what you're looking for.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 06:49 PM
    OS OS OS BB10 Superior OS I will take over anything else. Love the Mobile Madness winner 2014 and 2015.
    05-28-15 07:41 PM
    Used to own a Note 4 but everytime my sim sits on it I miss my Blackberry q10 , especially on how easy getting things done on a q10... Note 4 is an awesome phone, but i feel i can do things very quickly and efficiently on a blackberry... Sold the Note 4 and bought a passport.. just getting a bit of getting use to the new keyboard set up..
    05-28-15 07:44 PM
    The S6 isn't a big deal. In a couple of months they'll be talking about the next big thing. It's all about the money. What can they do to get you money out of your pocket, and into theirs.
    Attachment 347896

Posted via CB10
    nice - you were right, 4 months after this post they announced the s6+ and s6 edge+, haha! but then again I sold my og pp and got the se, and here I am drooling over the venice slider...

Posted via CB10
    NUNOABSILVA likes this.
    09-04-15 03:05 PM
    The stock Note firmwares are so bad... so, so, bad...
    09-04-15 03:10 PM
121 ... 345