That's because Samsung doesn't support their products. You'll be lucky if you even get an update along the road after 6 months from purchase.

Samsung is out to make a few quick bucks and say this is the greatest and latest hardware. They don't intend on spending money to focus on optimizing software or intend to launch an update. Well this is going to have a whiplash at them as the customers are not stupid and will never comeback to Samsung for their lack of support.

Long live the most delicious fruit on the planet.
    I had an S4 and it was upgraded within the year. It also depends on the carrier to update a phone. I also own Samsung refrigerators, washing machine, laptops and TVs and the only one I won't buy again is the laptop as Surface Pro is my main choice. My first Samsung TV I bought in 2008 and it still has great picture. I recently bought a 40" TV and noticed the frame was a bit warped, didn't notice it until after it was installed on the wall. 2 Samsung reps came to my house, apologized and replaced the frame. They also gave me $150 worth of supermarket coupons. Samsung also has offices in every major city. The one in my city has a comfortable seating area with tablets and laptops with internet. Everything is done in an orderly and efficient manner. So if I bought a BB10 phone and it busts, where do I go to get it fixed? Is there a BlackBerry office I can go to or do I have to mail to Chen?
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    04-18-15 04:16 AM
    Ok, Day three with the Edge. I'll try and answer some of the questions in the thread and more observations.

1) Battery life is decent. Yes, the Passport probably runs longer. But the Edge charges really quick and also has Qi wireless, which I am looking forward to trying. I got through a day of normal use with about 40% left. Also Android has an awesome feature where it goes into ultra batt save mode where you can still get calls and txts. It boosts the remaining time to something like 4x. eg 30 min remaining may go to 2 hours.
    Yeah, because the reason I have a top spec smartphone so I can use it to do no more than my Nokia 5510 from 12 years ago. That's one of my pet hates of this type of feature. Texts and calls aren't the thing I most do with my device, so I'd rather it just worked long enough for what I actually do with it!

2) Yes I love the BB calendar. It is clean and professional. I love the reminders as well. I love growing numbers.
    Me too, especially now reminders pop up. Was a missing feature.

5) The current android is PACKED full of features. There are so many settings and good stuff. I have to say they all work quite well.
    Eg Motion and gestures, Voice commands on the camera. "Smile", Easy mode.
    You say feature, I say gimmick!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 04:22 AM
    OK Samsung fanboy, you're entitled to your opinion. Let's stay on the topic of phones though, which I was referring to. I can care less about Samsung TV or dishwasher.

I had an S4 and it was upgraded within the year. It also depends on the carrier to update a phone. I also own Samsung refrigerators, washing machine, laptops and TVs and the only one I won't buy again is the laptop as Surface Pro is my main choice. My first Samsung TV I bought in 2008 and it still has great picture. I recently bought a 40" TV and noticed the frame was a bit warped, didn't notice it until after it was installed on the wall. 2 Samsung reps came to my house, apologized and replaced the frame. They also gave me $150 worth of supermarket coupons. Samsung also has offices in every major city. The one in my city has a comfortable seating area with tablets and laptops with internet. Everything is done in an orderly and efficient manner. So if I bought a BB10 phone and it busts, where do I go to get it fixed? Is there a BlackBerry office I can go to or do I have to mail to Chen?
    04-18-15 04:34 AM
    OK Samsung fanboy, you're entitled to your opinion. Let's stay on the topic of phones though, which I was referring to. I can care less about Samsung TV or dishwasher.
    He's got a point, though. Really sucks when your favorite brand/product hardly has any after-sales support and service.

Posted from a D618
    04-18-15 05:18 AM
    I too received a Galaxy S6 Edge from work and used it for a few days.

I went back to the Passport.

Why? As you noted, the S6 Edge is gorgeous and has some great benefits. The Camera is amazing and far superior to the Passport. The screen is the best darn screen out there, and the performance is top notch. I do wish that Android apps would load that fast on the Passport.

But here's why I went back to BlackBerry.

The Passport is simply a better device for what really matters. And what matters?

Battery. The Passport absolutely trumps the S6, and for all the Edge's beauty, there's little point when you're running on red by 5pm. Yes, you can rapid charge it up again but that doesn't help if you're on the go without a charger. The S6's battery life just doesn't compare and I find myself focusing far too much on whether or not I'll have enough battery to see me through the day. With the Passport, this just isn't an issue.

Loudspeaker. There are times when I need to place a call on loudspeaker - and the S6 just doesn't have enough volume when compared to the Passport. It's decent, but it's tinny - whereas the Passport provides more balanced, deeper sound which carries over surrounding noise far better. It's the difference between hearing the person on the other end or not. This also benefits activities such as youtube - showing a video to a friend just doesn't work that well on the S6 when you just can't hear what's happening. The Passport works wonders here with it's loud speaker.

The Hub. It's amazing how much you miss then when you use any other platform. It's the biggest drawcard back to BlackBerry. Nothing beats the BlackBerry hub - having all communications centralised - it's bliss. It makes the Passport simply a better device for communicating.

The Keyboard. I installed swiftkey on the S6 almost immediately as I didn't like the original keyboard, but even then it just doesn't compare to BlackBerry's virtual keyboard, nor does it come close to the physical keyboard of the Passport. BlackBerry have thought out the design of their keyboards so well. No matter the situation, there's less messing around on the BlackBerry. The layout is just so much better. It's designed for efficiency and it excels.

You see, while I love the S6... the Passport is simply a better device where it matters. I do wish it had some of the fringe features of the S6 (camera, finger print scanner, gorgeous screen, incredible speed) - but at the end of the day the Passport is the better phone.
    04-18-15 05:52 AM
    Im a Blackberry Passport user, so when my dad bought S6 Edge, I decided to give it a go and all it took me was couple of hours and I felt I was missing HUB more than anything

Don't get me wrong, S6 Edge is a good piece of technology but Blackberry to me is superior when it comes to efficiently getting your work completed !

Congrats on your new phone
    04-18-15 06:05 AM
    Who here thinks RH1Pearl works for Samsung
    04-18-15 06:08 AM
    He's got a point, though. Really sucks when your favorite brand/product hardly has any after-sales support and service.

Posted from a D618
    My original post wasn't referring to sales support and services. I'm referring to Samsung lack of support for future software updates for their Galaxy lines of phones. I don't care for his TV and dish washing experience with Samsung. That's a different topic we can talk on another forum.

Long live the most delicious fruit on the planet.
    04-18-15 06:38 AM
    The S6 isn't a big deal. In a couple of months they'll be talking about the next big thing. It's all about the money. What can they do to get you money out of your pocket, and into theirs.
    Attachment 347896

Posted via CB10
    Lol that's the job of all businesses, including Blackberry.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-18-15 07:27 AM
    There is not one app that I couldn't find and all off them work perfectly after 10.3.1. The only app that I get to work is google plus other than I am not sure which app are you looking for.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately I've found a few that didn't work, Google Hangouts, Google adsense. I use a real estate app called My MLS, last time I checked it needed Google services. One of the reasons I sold my Passport and went back to my Note 4.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Note 4
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    04-18-15 07:38 AM
    Unfortunately I've found a few that didn't work, Google Hangouts, Google adsense. I use a real estate app called My MLS, last time I checked it needed Google services. One of the reasons I sold my Passport and went back to my Note 4.

What's the name MLS app I found a lot but which one exactly are you using.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 08:21 AM
    What's the name MLS app I found a lot but which one exactly are you using.

Posted via CB10
    It's called My MLS App. That's not so much a big deal for me anymore as I've gotten a LTE iPad mini for when I'm working. The only App that I really need is Google Adsense, I could put it on my iPad mini but it's not always with me.

04-18-15 08:28 AM
    It's called My MLS App. That's not so much a big deal for me anymore as I've gotten a LTE iPad mini for when I'm working. The only App that I really need is Google Adsense, I could put it on my iPad mini but it's not always with me.

Passport relegated to #2 - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge-img_20150418_095034.png

Is it this one? The reason I am asking because after 10.3.1 update most apps that require google services work. Let me know

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 08:51 AM
    As nice as the 6 Edge is, I just can't leave this square screen+physical KB combo of the Passport. It is a joy for websites and emails.

My next phone will most likely be a Passport 2 if they make one, but I am still going to try to at least hold the Slider in my hands since I loved my Torch back in the day as well.
    04-18-15 11:48 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150418_095034.png 
Views:	1284 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	348078

Is it this one? The reason I am asking because after 10.3.1 update most apps that require google services work. Let me know

Posted via CB10
    No that's not the one I use. I use the one pictured below.

Attached Thumbnails Passport relegated to #2 - Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge-screenshot_2015-04-18-13-39-04.jpg  
    gilbert khayat likes this.
    04-18-15 12:41 PM
    Dont drop the Edge tho.

Saw some negative reviews on the screen durability.
    04-18-15 08:52 PM
    I saw a drop test and looked like it did well.
    04-19-15 05:55 AM
    I have the 6plus since release and not a scratch even after a rollover accident..Build quality is what Apple is known for and for you to say otherwise is just bs. On the other hand, every BB I owned broke or stopped working regularly.
    The glass on the both sides gives more change to break the glass or just damaged it (scratches) for the rest of the quality I think it is the same as the iphone 6 but maybe the future will be different. I agree every phone that fall can break just like that but other has more change than other thanks to build quality.

The 4 Blackberry 10 devices I had since the last 2 years are never break,broke or damaged a phone, all 2 people I know with a Iphone 4 or 5 series had a broken glass, and sometimes still functional only my manager his iphone 4 still working but he never used it because bad reception and he using an android phone as daily driver.
    04-19-15 06:37 AM
    Gilbert Kayat's original post hit it on the head. "Feel" is the operative word there. I'm lucky to be an old,deaf fart who does not care about and ignores the marketing. Yet I know it hard for some to ignore given today's media. They bombard you with the fact your inadequate in some way if you do not have their product.

I'd have kept the Q10 for longer but I really did need the larger screen size, increasing the font wasn't cutting it. Thank goodness for the Passport's larger screen. I really did need it for my lousy eyes. It will be my device for a while.

Want vs Need: that's the trick. Do I really need it? Ask yourself that question before you let the marketing sway you. Blackberry phones have always provided what I needed to communicate.

Save your wants for you birthdays and holiday gifts.
    Last edited by Peter Johnson4; 04-19-15 at 10:17 AM.
    gilbert khayat and beamolite like this.
    04-19-15 10:05 AM
    Gilbert Kayat's original post hit it on the head. "Feel" is the operative word there. I'm lucky to be an old,deaf fart who does not care about and ignores the marketing. Yet I know it hard for some to ignore given today's media. They bombard you with the fact your inadequate in some way if you do not have their product.

I'd have kept the Q10 for longer but I really did need the larger screen size, increasing the font wasn't cutting it. Thank goodness for the Passport's larger screen. I really did need it for my lousy eyes. It will be my device for a while.

Want vs Need: that's the trick. Do I really need it? Ask yourself that question before you let the marketing sway you. Blackberry phones have always provided what I needed to communicate.

Save your wants for you birthdays and holiday gifts.
    I agree with you. Giving the fact that Samsung has tones of features but the most important feature wasn't there. That's why I am enjoying my passport. I do a lot of messaging and emailing and you can't beat BlackBerry when it comes to that area. End of story!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 11:20 AM
    I've looked at both the S6 and S6 Edge and agree they are both beautiful phones. I don't get the hype, however, around the Edge. The screen seems like a gimmick to me and from what I've read, there aren't many apps that support it. Doesn't seem like it's worth the extra $100 Samsung is charging.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-19-15 11:24 AM
    Just checked S6 Edge too finger printy but nice built! Can't leave my Passport for Edge

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 11:36 AM
    Got a Galaxy S6 Edge for work. Damn this is a nice phone. Just works great. The screen is awesome. The size is great. Thin and light but not wimpy. It is blazingly super fast and the battery charges extra quick. The best thing is that all the apps work with no lags and no worries. (Trust me, I am an experienced sideloader and android patcher) Uber, Hangouts, Lyft.

Don't get me wrong. I loved and still love my passport. I bought it on day one as John Chen announced it. But the sim card now sits in the Edge.

From the passport, I miss:

1) The clean, integrated professional hub
    2) The calendar. Just awesome.
    3) The touch keyboard. Not so much the typing, but the fact that you don't need to touch the screen as much to scroll.
    4) I still use Blend. Even if the PP is at home, I love using blend.

Surprise things I love about the Edge:

1) Camera. Fast, awesome pics.
    2) I love the fingerprint unlock
    3) The world clock UI is great. There's a spinning globe you can pick cities from. (TAT, you could have done it like this!)
    4) The Edge screen. Kinda new, but definitely has potential (BB Slider... looking at you!)

Come on BB, make that slider a killer with a legit android runtime!
    What I got from this is 'I love my blackberry passport productivity but moved to a samsung because it has a fancy clock and takes pictures'.

Wish I had a great paying job that involved staring at the time all day

Posted via CB with my Passport to productivity
    ptpete and minttea like this.
    04-19-15 12:22 PM
    Your going to like it for a week to a month then miss the organizational capabilities of Blackberry.

You need the power of BB10

Posted via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    04-19-15 12:25 PM
    Ok, Day three with the Edge. I'll try and answer some of the questions in the thread and more observations.

1) Battery life is decent. Yes, the Passport probably runs longer. But the Edge charges really quick and also has Qi wireless, which I am looking forward to trying. I got through a day of normal use with about 40% left. Also Android has an awesome feature where it goes into ultra batt save mode where you can still get calls and txts. It boosts the remaining time to something like 4x. eg 30 min remaining may go to 2 hours.

2) Yes I love the BB calendar. It is clean and professional. I love the reminders as well. I love growing numbers.

3) The screen on the Edge is clearly way better than the PP. It is brighter and sharper. The PP is no slouch though.

4) Edge build quality is nice. I say it is better than the iphone 6 by far. It is not the rock solid "I could self defend myself with the corners - this thing will last two decades without a case " of the PP though.

5) The current android is PACKED full of features. There are so many settings and good stuff. I have to say they all work quite well.
    Eg Motion and gestures, Voice commands on the camera. "Smile", Easy mode.

6) BBM on the Edge, is ok. For some reason BBM has to keep a notification bar open (you can not dismiss it) which is super annoying.

7) Yea I am lucky to be able to have a work provided Edge. I'm not a device junky.... maybe a new one every two years. PP was a personal purchase as was the Z10. I had most iterations of the iphone, 1,3,4,5.

Couple other things I miss from the PP:

1) Swipe up to close app. This gesture is brilliant. I still keep doing that.
    2) The hub is still cool. Also, I think the PP's notifications are still easier to manage.
    3) I sometimes miss the square size!

Dunno, I think the PP is more like a computer/ tablet replacement. The Edge is more of a true mobile device that you carry in your pocket.
    It seems a honest experience! Just one thing to add BlackBerry 10 OS has also battery saving mode and in 20% it goes like 10 hours!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:00 PM
121 12345