Your BlackBerry is locked. Your SD card is encrypted. Your phone is stolen.

Your data can't be obtained from that phone. You don't need BES for that.

Posted from my Q10.
    Hardware encryption and password protection exists in all other platforms as well. That's not an advantage. In fact, having an SD card, even encrypted, is a disadvantage because that card can be removed so that the attacker can keep trying to break the encryption without worrying about the device wiping itself.

As for the "cat can unlock your iPhone 5S" comment by the other poster above, that's nonsense. If you locked your phone with your biometric ID, you can't unlock it with some other random biometric ID. You can definitely set up your biometric ID to be the cat's paw, and then unlock it with the paw, but other than being pretty funny, it's neither a hack nor of any other value other than pure amusement.

I'm still waiting for the answer to my question.

Posted via CB10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    09-12-14 08:24 PM
    I just was on the Telus website to see if there was any information on the Passport. 1st screen I see is iPhone 6 picture for preorder. Search the site and not a thing about the Passport. iPhone 6+, 128 gb, off contract $1080.00
    09-12-14 09:24 PM
    Hopefully many people read this comment.

Do not believe anything about pricing / availability unless it comes out the mouth of BlackBerry. Just wait till the 24th and all questions will be answered

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    I agree, let's just pray and cross our fingers, because I hope it's falls within my budget as it's my dream phone

Posted via Q10
    09-13-14 02:49 AM
    What makes it most secure? Tell me please. I hear this thrown around all the time, but to my knowledge security only comes into play if you are on BES.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 hasn't been rooted.

Not good enough? Remember that Blackphone was hacked in minutes at the Black Hat conference.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    dejanh likes this.
    09-13-14 03:13 AM
    I have also posted my displeasure with the speculative pricing if the passport and I think it's also a good idea to wait until the 24th. Maybe Mr Chen will surprise us and price the new flagship device to attract folks back to the BlackBerry brand. We will know shortly.

Sent from my Lovely z30 on T Mobile USA (10.3.0.1154)
    09-13-14 03:38 AM
    Hardware encryption and password protection exists in all other platforms as well. That's not an advantage. In fact, having an SD card, even encrypted, is a disadvantage because that card can be removed so that the attacker can keep trying to break the encryption without worrying about the device wiping itself.

As for the "cat can unlock your iPhone 5S" comment by the other poster above, that's nonsense. If you locked your phone with your biometric ID, you can't unlock it with some other random biometric ID. You can definitely set up your biometric ID to be the cat's paw, and then unlock it with the paw, but other than being pretty funny, it's neither a hack nor of any other value other than pure amusement.

I'm still waiting for the answer to my question.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry my mistake. Damn news media making news stories sound the way they want instead of the way they are.
    09-13-14 08:04 AM
    Hardware encryption and password protection exists in all other platforms as well. That's not an advantage.
    Thunderbuck got it in one. The other platforms have all been hacked, or cracked, or rooted, making their data vulnerable. BlackBerry hasn't been compromised, with the exception of the PlayBook, which was quickly bolted back down, and is no longer relevant anyway.

This makes BlackBerry more secure than the other platforms. You asked; that's the answer. It may not matter to many, but for those to whom it matters it's a Big Deal. Phones get lost or stolen. If the wrong person is able to get the data on the phone, it could end a career, or a business. And you don't need BES to have that level of security.

That's an advantage.

Posted from my Q10.
    dejanh and Thunderbuck like this.
    09-13-14 08:36 AM
    Good point on the rooting. That is a pretty big deal security wise. Definitely advantage BlackBerry on that one. Also, now I actually know how to be clear about the security advantage of a BlackBerry vs. the other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-13-14 09:44 AM
    If I can't get my hands on it on September 25th, i'm gonna punch my next door neighbour straight in the face!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    09-13-14 10:03 AM
    Well, that's nice. Maybe it's official. Maybe not. 800 clams? Are they going to support it? Most of their places have gone away. But it's just what I've heard. I like what I have and have had from BlackBerry. Sorry they've not had many buyers. Love the Removable Battery and hot swap Media card I've got with the Q10, and, if they make the Passport battery removable, and, so intensely LONG with USE, then, maybe I'll buy. If not, no way. Sorry. Phones being what they are, one needs to remove the battery from time to time. And, media card switch out? HOT SWAP is a no brainer. I'm sorry, anyone who can't figure that out is just missing a few neurons.
    09-13-14 10:09 AM
    Good point on the rooting. That is a pretty big deal security wise. Definitely advantage BlackBerry on that one. Also, now I actually know how to be clear about the security advantage of a BlackBerry vs. the other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Legend has it that one of the reasons for the relatively long boot time, compared to other platforms, is the security checks that take place, and the prevention of exploits during the boot process -- a common hacking method. People criticize BB10 for this, as they criticized BBOS, but it really reflects a strength of the OS.

If the legend is true, that is.

Posted from my Q10.
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-13-14 12:27 PM
    Legend has it that one of the reasons for the relatively long boot time, compared to other platforms, is the security checks that take place, and the prevention of exploits during the boot process -- a common hacking method. People criticize BB10 for this, as they criticized BBOS, but it really reflects a strength of the OS.

Posted from my Q10.
    Well, it would certainly go to explain the lengthy boot process, at least to some reasonable degree. If it's true, that's pretty neat.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-14 12:44 PM
    I am a Q10 proudly user

I want Passport, and consider something:

Passport has a form factor of 1:1, but the weight is ideal for documents, web browser, without compromising when I'm writing

It very funny to say that even Z30, or others I Phones or A Phones are "easy" to write and read, but the reality is that they aren't, or...

They just use candy crash, and facebook, even email, I doubt

I don't work with PC or M pro, just Linux, and even so I answer and work with, and always, my Q10

Best regards - Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.1154
    09-13-14 02:08 PM

Posted from my Q10.
    It's true. Search the forum for the boot up process instructions and it does checksums.
    09-13-14 08:00 PM
    So... is the $800 price tag real?
    09-14-14 03:55 PM
    Waaay too much money. I'm sure most will buy an iPhone 6 just because it's priced the same. If there was any android or iOS costumers out there that would even CONSIDER switching to BlackBerry, the #1 reason right now would be the price, sorry.

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    09-14-14 04:17 PM
    Why don't you tell us? But first, do you get a new phone every year? Most people I know keep their phones for two years so when time comes to sell, it is a two year old phone. So that is the proper way to compare. So the two year old phone would be a Z10 vs iPhone 4.
    Z10 vs. iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 came out 2 years ago, followed by the 5s last year.
    09-14-14 04:18 PM
    Z10 vs. iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 came out 2 years ago, followed by the 5s last year.
    seriously. and the Z10 released halfway into the iPhone 5's lifecycle too.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 04:26 PM
93 ... 234