In my opinion, to make a " comeback " and to really gets the sales going for them :

$449.99 - Passport Base model

$549.99 - Passport Premium model

$399.99 - Classic

They saw good results with the Z3 (even though specs and offerings were so-so) because of the price.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 06:17 AM
    I hope BlackBerry listens to these comments and price the passport 650 - 700 USD.

Considering the lack lustre note 4 launch and a same bigger iphone, passport definitely stand a chance to come out as a winner of 2014.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    09-12-14 06:20 AM
    Yep, I was prepared to pay around �450 for it. But no more!

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:00 AM
    No upgrade path means the end of the line. No point in sticking it out with what does not work anyway. That's probably the reasoning.

Posted via CB10
    I can understand that but if your phone still works why worry about. I got my Q10 on release day in the US. I have 15 phones on my plan so I am always eligible for an upgrade but if the Passport is not released for a couple months and my phone still works I am not going to worry about it.
    09-12-14 07:16 AM
    I have informations that Passport will cost roughly around 850 and will feature QHD (square) display. Lets see whether its true or not
    09-12-14 07:35 AM
    $800!!!!! I'm sorry but that just sounds insane to me. I was thinking $649-$700, but never ever $800. I really hope that pricing is incorrect.

Posted via CB10
    Targeting enterprise with a product that is not going to sell like your typical Samsung or Apple phone. I am not shocked. Remmber supply/demand/price curves?

People, you all need to realize that this is not a phone made for the consumer segment. Do you complain when you have to shell out $5000 for a server when a desktop is $500? No, it's a business decision if you are talking about servers in that price range.
    09-12-14 07:35 AM
    Meh, I'll ride out the Storm with another Q10..........for now. I'll get it for my wife if she wants it or she may decide to wait for the next Full-touch.
    09-12-14 08:00 AM

$449.99 - Passport Base model

$549.99 - Passport Premium model

Posted via CB10
    I hadnt heard of a base and premium model. Is that true and if so, any rumors on spec distinctions? Sorry to divert on the thread, but the two model thing caught my eye.
    09-12-14 08:14 AM
    When the time is right, you will be bite. Keep on rocking in the Z30 world.
    09-12-14 09:22 AM
    Why don't you tell us? But first, do you get a new phone every year? Most people I know keep their phones for two years so when time comes to sell, it is a two year old phone. So that is the proper way to compare. So the two year old phone would be a Z10 vs iPhone 4.
    You know, I've been reading your posts and the amount of errors in them, as well as incorrectly made assumptions, is astounding.

First of all, if you really want to compare generations then compare a Z10 to the iPhone 5S. They were both released in 2013. The iPhone 5S currently sells for about $400 for the 16GB variant in good condition. With the right amount of patience, it is possible to get more than that. The Z10 sells for $100, maybe $150 if it is BNIB. Likewise, the Q10 sells for $150-$200, since it's marginally more popular than the Z10. The Z30, resale price is around $250-$300 now and it's only at that level because of the extremely limited supply even for the few BlackBerry fans out there. However, to flip a Z30 takes months, and this is speaking even from personal experience.

Now, if you'd like to compare 2 year old phones, then pin a Bold 9900 against the iPhone 5 (both were available for purchase in 2012, though the Bold 9900 came out one year earlier). The iPhone 5 will still fetch around $250 for 16GB model. The Bold 9900 is worth about $70. Even if you pin the 4S against the Bold 9900, the 4S fetches about $150 vs. the Bold 9900 $70.

So yeah, no matter when you're upgrading, you will always get more resale value from an iPhone than a BlackBerry. Finally, if your junk your phones every ~2 years, that's your prerogative. Realistically, you're wasting money since even the lowly BlackBerry has a value after that time. Certainly, even reselling a Bold 9900 for $70 is worth it for what amounts to zero effort posting it on Craigslist. If you replace your phones like I do, every year, then the BlackBerry resale value becomes even worse. Often the price is 50% of purchase value within 3-5 months. The iPhone won't drop below 75% - 90% of purchase value (depending on condition) until the next iPhone comes out.

Posted via CB10
    sallenthornton likes this.
    09-12-14 09:34 AM
    I hadnt heard of a base and premium model. Is that true and if so, any rumors on spec distinctions? Sorry to divert on the thread, but the two model thing caught my eye.
    N4BB posted this not too long ago. Of course purely speculation:

Premium and Gold BlackBerry Passport Might Be Offered | N4BB

There was another post on here stating $600 and $650...
    rider997 and Burton79 like this.
    09-12-14 11:40 AM
    Why don't you tell us? But first, do you get a new phone every year? Most people I know keep their phones for two years so when time comes to sell, it is a two year old phone. So that is the proper way to compare. So the two year old phone would be a Z10 vs iPhone 4.
    I get a new phone every year depending on what phones come out. Ive had literally every blackberry since their start. Ive had several top of the line androids but I have never bought an iphone. I really like bb10 and the passport is exactly what ive been waiting for blackberry to make for years. I buy most of my phones off contract and sell my old phone for whatever I can get on ebay and i have fetched a good amt on my previous top of the line androids but i have taken huge losses with all of my bb10 blackberrys. Im not a fan of the iphone at all but it is clearly way more valuable than a passport at this time. They will produce and sell millions more iphone 6's than the passport and will still have trouble keeping up the demand. 1 year from now the iphone 6 will probably fetch 500-600$ (Could be more for the 64gb) and the passport will be worth maybe 300$. Supply and demand and resale value will always determine the value of a product whether you intend to buy the product for resale value or not.
    09-12-14 12:05 PM
    $800 is way too much. Especially for a company who is trying to gain market again.
    The iphone 6 plus will cost $799 but apple can afford the high price tag cause iphone is still popular.
    If BB want to sell their passport, they should make the price way lower, around $500.
    If you want a Blackberry for $500, there are plenty of other options, especially once all the BB10 devices get upgraded to 10.3. I just don't understand people who think it makes perfect sense to price a flagship device at prices that low. If JC is actually concerned about device marketshare, he's not crazy enough to use Passport to try to gain it back. If JC wants to gain marketshare in NA, he should bring an LTE Z3 and price it at around $199 unlocked.
    09-12-14 12:20 PM
    If you want a Blackberry for $500, there are plenty of other options, especially once all the BB10 devices get upgraded to 10.3. I just don't understand people who think it makes perfect sense to price a flagship device at prices that low. If JC is actually concerned about device marketshare, he's not crazy enough to use Passport to try to gain it back. If JC wants to gain marketshare in NA, he should bring an LTE Z3 and price it at around $199 unlocked.
    Yes, the amazing Z3 with its 920x540 5" display. Some entry level Androids have better specs than that. Also, for the price, even a used iPhone 5 is a way better buy. The Z3 wouldn't sell squat in NA.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 12:38 PM
    Yes, the amazing Z3 with its 920x540 5" display. Some entry level Androids have better specs than that. Also, for the price, even a used iPhone 5 is a way better buy. The Z3 wouldn't sell squat in NA.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't aware entry level Androids and used iPhone 5 weren't available in areas where Z3 are selling well...There's always buyers for entry level LTE devices. Regardless of how you personally feel, an unlocked LTE device that can run both BB10 and Android apps at $199 will sell. Value seeking consumers exist in all regions and countries.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-12-14 12:50 PM
    I wasn't aware entry level Androids and used iPhone 5 weren't available in areas where Z3 are selling well...There's always buyers for entry level LTE devices. Regardless of how you personally feel, an unlocked LTE device that can run both BB10 and Android apps at $199 will sell. Value seeking consumers exist in all regions and countries.
    Depends on your definition of running Android apps. Last I checked, the compatibility and performance has been very spotty.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 01:03 PM
    I recently purchased a Z10. What would be the benefits of the Passport over the Z30, Z10, or Q10? Also, will Verizon be carrying this?
    09-12-14 01:09 PM
    Depends on your definition of running Android apps. Last I checked, the compatibility and performance has been very spotty.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what your definition of spotty is but from my personal experience, most of the apps I've downloaded from Amazon App stores runs just fine. I admit I've deleted couple of the downloads because they didn't run properly but that's couple from about 40 I've downloaded so far. Then again, I had to delete few Android apps from my N4 and Moto G for the same reason.

The point is, an LTE Z3 will appeal to anyone who is looking for value and that includes NA.
    09-12-14 01:16 PM
    I think at $800.00 it is priced right when you consider the hardware, and not to mention the most secure OS available.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-12-14 01:18 PM
    I think at $800.00 it is priced right when you consider the hardware, and not to mention the most secure OS available.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    What makes it most secure? Tell me please. I hear this thrown around all the time, but to my knowledge security only comes into play if you are on BES.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 06:22 PM
    What makes it most secure? Tell me please. I hear this thrown around all the time, but to my knowledge security only comes into play if you are on BES.
    An uninformed comment.

T-Mobile Z10 STL100-3 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-12-14 06:39 PM
    Wait who's buying phones and then reselling?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 06:42 PM
    An uninformed comment.

T-Mobile Z10 STL100-3 running 10.3.0.1154
    Care to educate me then or just blow hot air?

How is BlackBerry 10 more secure than any other platform out there without BES? I actually want somebody to explain this to me, so go ahead.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your BlackBerry is locked. Your SD card is encrypted. Your phone is stolen.

Your data can't be obtained from that phone. You don't need BES for that.

Posted from my Q10.
    southlander likes this.
    09-12-14 07:21 PM
    Your BlackBerry is locked. Your SD card is encrypted. Your phone is stolen.

Your data can't be obtained from that phone. You don't need BES for that.

Posted from my Q10.
    And a cat can't unlock the phone like it can with an iPhone 5s.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 07:59 PM
93 1234