$800 is way too much. Especially for a company who is trying to gain market again.
    The iphone 6 plus will cost $799 but apple can afford the high price tag cause iphone is still popular.
    If BB want to sell their passport, they should make the price way lower, around $500.
    I love when someone tried to compare things that aren't at the same base line. The iPhone 6 with 16GB is $749 in Canada. The Passport will have 64GB so even at $800 dollars it will be cheaper than the iPhone 6 at $859. Now you can add 64GB or upcoming 128GB chips to get to 128GB or 192GB. The 128GB iPhone 6 goes for $969. Considering that Apple charges 110 dollars for a sd card you can get for 50 bucks, just means that they are gouging customers.
    09-11-14 10:29 AM
    I love when someone tried to compare things that aren't at the same base line. The iPhone 6 with 16GB is $749 in Canada. The Passport will have 64GB so even at $800 dollars it will be cheaper than the iPhone 6 at $859. Now you can add 64GB or upcoming 128GB chips to get to 128GB or 192GB. The 128GB iPhone 6 goes for $969. Considering that Apple charges 110 dollars for a sd card you can get for 50 bucks, just means that they are gouging customers.
    Wrong, the passport comes with 32gb of internal memory not 64gb.

As for the iPhone being so expensive?? They can afford to price it at those prices due to their popularity. BlackBerry not so much, if they want to sell it at 800 or so then they can kiss their hardware business goodbye. No one other than hardcore BlackBerry fans will buy it and even then they may shy away from it at that price.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 11:58 AM
    12 more days and we shall know more than we do now...

I hope John Chen knows if it's $800, he better be sending me a coupon..a BOGO offer..something..

I'll even extend my crappy AT&T contract if Big Blue gets the phone. I'm due for an upgrade on October 1...all the signs are pointing to 'yes' for me and this phone.
    bigjman and gokulesh like this.
    09-11-14 12:51 PM
    Don't care if it costs $200 more than Ip. Still will buy it. It's about productivity. Can make that $200 back in a snap.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 12:56 PM
    Just get Rogers to hurry up and put the device reservation page up - I'm ready to put my money down!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 01:08 PM
    $800 isn't a bad price is about �450ish in the UK... the iPhone 6 costs nearly �800 I think so it's a lot cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 01:15 PM
    800$ is way to much for the passport based on supply and demand and resale value. You buy a Passport Oct 1st and in 1 years time its likely to be worth half of what you piad for it if your lucky. Ive been in this boat with the z10, q10, and z30 now. The iphone on the other hand is in very hot demand right now and a year from now you are likely to see a return of 75% of what you paid to use on the phone you want a year from now. Which do you think is the better value? I personally wouldent want to use an iphone and I dont believe that the passport will sell for 800$ in the US anyway so no reason to get worked up about it yet. Im betting it sells for 600-650 USD when Verizon or At&t get it and I'm more than happy to pay 600 or 650$ for the passport.
    09-11-14 02:49 PM
    800$ is way to much for the passport based on supply and demand and resale value. You buy a Passport Oct 1st and in 1 years time its likely to be worth half of what you piad for it if your lucky. Ive been in this boat with the z10, q10, and z30 now. The iphone on the other hand is in very hot demand right now and a year from now you are likely to see a return of 75% of what you paid to use on the phone you want a year from now. Which do you think is the better value? I personally wouldent want to use an iphone and I dont believe that the passport will sell for 800$ in the US anyway so no reason to get worked up about it yet. Im betting it sells for 600-650 USD when Verizon or At&t get it and I'm more than happy to pay 600 or 650$ for the passport.
    Are we now buying phones based on resale value??
    Whatever happened to buying a phone because you liked it and wanted to idk use it for stuff???

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    09-11-14 03:31 PM
    I've never sold one of my old phones. Still have all of them.

Just the thought of using a phone that someone's taken to the toilet with them countless times is off putting.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh and VinLou like this.
    09-11-14 03:40 PM
    "...along with BlackBerry OS 1.0.3.1."
    they lost all credibility there
    09-11-14 04:12 PM
    Wrong, the passport comes with 32gb of internal memory not 64gb.

As for the iPhone being so expensive?? They can afford to price it at those prices due to their popularity. BlackBerry not so much, if they want to sell it at 800 or so then they can kiss their hardware business goodbye. No one other than hardcore BlackBerry fans will buy it and even then they may shy away from it at that price.

Posted via CB10
    I mistyped about the 64GB. They can price it that high as they have people who don't mind being gouged as they are Apple people. Why anyone would pay over double the price for storage. This just tells me that they are iSheep.
    09-11-14 04:33 PM
    I don't know of a single person who purchases their phone thinking about resale value. But the time that two years is up, I am ready to dump my phone and get a new one. I don't try to sell two year old hardware. Not worth it. How hot is the sale of the iPhone 4 now? Still getting 75% like you say? Doubt it.
    Irish Blues and gokulesh like this.
    09-11-14 04:36 PM
    I mistyped about the 64GB. They can price it that high as they have people who don't mind being gouged as they are Apple people. Why anyone would pay over double the price for storage. This just tells me that they are iSheep.
    Onboard storage will always be faster and more reliable, yo.

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-11-14 04:47 PM
    $800? No thanks.

I would be happy with 600

Even willing to go up to 650

I understand that might be a bit low, but that's my expectation.

I don't buy old phones. If I can't get it at a price I want within a week of launch, it no longer interests me and i will keep my current device until it dies.

Since I also don't want the classic and don't want to downgrade to Z3, I guess I won't be buying another BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 04:47 PM
    Don't care if it costs $200 more than Ip. Still will buy it. It's about productivity. Can make that $200 back in a snap.

Posted via CB10
    This. In the first week that had my Q10 I sent and received more emails than the entire 8 months that I owned my iPhone.

If I am waiting for something or someone I am productive. When I had the iPhone it was games.

I have an iPad mini for playing.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-11-14 04:57 PM
    Among other rumoured features are the 4.5in screen with resolution at 1440 x 1440 pixels, 3450mAh battery, 2.2GHz Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 3GB RAM and 13 megapixel rear camera with five optical elements, maximum aperature of f/20 and recording capability of 60fps full HD video
    ... hmmm. Why did I not just bold EVERYTHING ... lol I love this device and I've yet to place my hands on it? Strange?

No ... because it has BB10.3 ... need I explain any further?!
    09-11-14 04:57 PM
    $800 isn't a bad price is about �450ish in the UK... the iPhone 6 costs nearly �800 I think so it's a lot cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    800 USD is 492 GBP, Q10 was approx 900 USD / 550 GBP + on launch day,
    odds on Passport will be more expensive.
    Last edited by zocster; 09-11-14 at 05:49 PM. Reason: formating.
    09-11-14 05:27 PM
    Onboard storage will always be faster and more reliable, yo.

So you don't mind paying over twice the going rate. Got it.
    09-11-14 07:08 PM
    I don't have a problem with the price, I buy my BlackBerry outright all the time. If IPhone folks always pay the high price and BlackBerry is supposedly dying, the. Why not support them fir their hard work. I get on the forums, most of what people do is complain and now the phone is here and more complaining. Can't really win huh.

Z10 all they way!
    KemKev and gokulesh like this.
    09-11-14 07:24 PM
    So you don't mind paying over twice the going rate. Got it.
    I wouldn't mind paying 800 for a 64gb passport, or 900 for a 128 one. Waaay better than an SD card.

09-11-14 10:09 PM
    800$ is way to much for the passport based on supply and demand and resale value.
    We don't know the demand. If BlackBerry gets the price wrong demand will be low and the price will fall. If the 800 price is true then it is what they think professionals might pay as early adopters.

But historically BlackBerry as of late has been bad at getting the pricing right.

This device is high spec for them. Not sure how cheap they can cut it.

Any more signs of impending hardware write downs and the stock will surely suffer.
    09-11-14 10:16 PM
    Are we now buying phones based on resale value??
    Whatever happened to buying a phone because you liked it and wanted to idk use it for stuff???

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    I dont buy phones on resale value that was in response to the original person quoted stating that the passport is a value as compared to the iphone due to memory and to address how other are saying the passport is worth more than the iphone because its what they want. The phone is clearly not as valueable as the iphone. I dont care that it is not as valuable as I would prefer to have the passport it just sucks. I plan on switching to AT&T if they carry the passport and I would like to sell my z30 that i paid over 500$ for but i would be lucky to get 250$ for it now. The only reason I sell my old phones is because I like to buy off contract and it helps me offset the cost of my new phone. What the heck do I need 2 phones for? I had the z10 and q10 at the same time and the q10 just started collecting dust so i sold it.
    09-11-14 10:58 PM
    I don't know of a single person who purchases their phone thinking about resale value. But the time that two years is up, I am ready to dump my phone and get a new one. I don't try to sell two year old hardware. Not worth it. How hot is the sale of the iPhone 4 now? Still getting 75% like you say? Doubt it.
    This is a pretty off base response. Lets compare the z30 to the Iphone 5s which is much more relevant. What are those phones going for?? I would never have a iphone but your just completely wrong when it comes to which phone holds more value. Since you prefer blackberry doesnt make the phone more valuable to the masses its just more valuable to you which is fine. Im getting a passport but probably not at 800$. Im not gonna buy any android or the iphone I prefer to wait for the price to come down on the passport because I love the OS.
    plexmaka likes this.
    09-11-14 11:01 PM
    I hope that price gets slashed by half by September 30. You can't really sell a lot of devices at such price point. I don't understand the point of BlackBerry. They have 3% share of the market and want to sell as if people were desperate to get their devices...
    Did BBRY say that the phone would sell for $800?
    09-12-14 05:36 AM
    This is a pretty off base response. Lets compare the z30 to the Iphone 5s which is much more relevant. What are those phones going for?? I would never have a iphone but your just completely wrong when it comes to which phone holds more value. Since you prefer blackberry doesnt make the phone more valuable to the masses its just more valuable to you which is fine. Im getting a passport but probably not at 800$. Im not gonna buy any android or the iphone I prefer to wait for the price to come down on the passport because I love the OS.
    Why don't you tell us? But first, do you get a new phone every year? Most people I know keep their phones for two years so when time comes to sell, it is a two year old phone. So that is the proper way to compare. So the two year old phone would be a Z10 vs iPhone 4.
    09-12-14 06:00 AM
93 1234