I think the ONLY reason to use the iPad mini that I got in march is to listen to sirius, watching movies or streaming from Slingbox.

What I really can't stand is even if I hook up my iPad to a TV I still have to use a iPad version of the movie. On my PlayBook I could use a full high quality movie and hook into my TV.

I haven't had a chance to but I will probably start using my Passport to hook to a TV with the high quality videos.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:31 PM
    I'll say yes for a few reasons. One is I can much more effeciently reply to emails than on my Z10. Secondly editing my book through skydive is easier carrying around my passport as opposed to a tablet. And third but not least enabling desktop mode in the browser it is plain as day to read and interact on many of the sites I frequent.
    So overall it has made a huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:48 PM
    I think the ONLY reason to use the iPad mini that I got in march is to listen to sirius, watching movies or streaming from Slingbox.

What I really can't stand is even if I hook up my iPad to a TV I still have to use a iPad version of the movie. On my PlayBook I could use a full high quality movie and hook into my TV.

I haven't had a chance to but I will probably start using my Passport to hook to a TV with the high quality videos.

Posted via CB10
    Sirius XM, Netflix and Slingbox are all available as Android apps for PP. To buy the Slingbox app you have to set up an account on Google Play somehow, and then you can load these apps using Snap, a free app which is side loaded on the BlackBerry. Takes a bit of work, but spending some time on CB will get you there. It's all perfectly legal and doable.
    11-20-14 07:27 PM
    I gave my Nexus 7 to one of my family. Hardly used after receiving the Passport.

With my Passport
    11-20-14 10:11 PM
    I don't understand how exactly the passport eliminates a tablet. It's a 4.5 inch screen. Is it because it's wider than it is narrow? Anytime I've had a tablet (other than the Microsoft Surface, which was terrific) I've never really used it. Not a huge tablet guy I guess. Especially since I don't have Wifi everywhere I go. But when a tablet is convenient, I grab it for its screen size. Again, my question is, how does the passport eliminate the tablet?

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    I don't think the passport can or will replace the passport. I think what the OP was trying to say is it reduces the usage of your tablet.

I own a Surface Pro 2, and use it as my laptop and tablet. The Passport can never replace it in my line of work. But the passport has reduced my usage of it especially for emails. I travel a lot and am out of the office more often than not. Before my passport, I had an iPhone 5s. I usually receive 200+ emails a day in all three of my email accounts. When I receive mail in my iPhone, I would reply using my phone if the reply was only one or two sentences long. For most other cases, I would whip out my surface tether it to my phone and write a reply. Now that I have the Passport, I could comfortably write paragraphs of e-mails without having to whip my Surface out. This is due to the combination of the keyboard and the screen.

But when I am in the office, I would still use my Surface and hook it up using Blend to my Passport. So, yes, it has reduced my Surface usage especially when I am on the go. But it can never replace my Surface.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 10:37 PM
    Agree with Zed88, although I love the Passport there are instances where I still prefer (in my case) a laptop.

I used my Playbook to write shorter emails or surf the web at home instead of using the z10. Now that I have the Passport I gave the Playbook to my Mum.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-21-14 04:38 AM
    Since I got my Passport I am barely using my Nexus 7 or Playbook.

Is this the case for you?

Posted via CB10
    Totally agreed!!! Since the first few days of using the device I've dramatically reduced my tablet usage. Rogers wireless LTE samsung galaxy 8.9 tablet. I use to manage my work client appointment schedule with google calendar and outlook/google contacts on device. Splitting both functions between a BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 and the tablet.

I think I'm at the master level and can pretty much touch type fast and like a pro YET I'd waste horrendous amounts of time backspacing to get touch typing correct on the stupid tablet,id use to rip my hair out!!!

The one flaw with android is the LACK of correctness in its touch typing accuracy?! I would also demo visual st!uff on the tablet but I can aslo do this in a nice smaller package,the PAssport!

So for me I no longer needed a wireless data USB dingle, monthly data share fee for tablet and have totally re-organized my device usage.

I recently acquired an HP envy series 17" I7 lapto with high power and combined with my BlackBerry passport is doing the job for me.

I do use my laptop less and less as I can accomplish Similiar tasks on the passport like document creation, email response, research and data storage.

I can access all of my client files, their appointments and can easily inter cross all the info I need by using Gmail calendar,contacts and cross syncing everything on my laptop out of office and at home!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-21-14 at 06:29 AM.
    11-21-14 05:11 AM
    One question for all Passport users: is it usable /convenient to take meetings notes with PP? I'm asking because I was planning to use it to take meetings notes but just wondering if it's practical to use for such purpose.

I've tried to do it with my Z30 using Evernote but not much practical.

Your thoughts on the above are welcomed.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 05:58 AM
    Never owned a Tablet, always had the Lap Top with me when I was out on business.

Since I have had the Passport the Lap Top has never left the house.
    11-21-14 06:02 AM
    My z3 reduced the usage time of my tablet what more if I have the passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:06 AM
    Lool my Q10 reduced my tablet and pc usage!

My passport obliterated them!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    11-21-14 06:12 AM
    Not in my case sometime when i got bored i do change my machine / phone but its not the case
    KenV54 likes this.
    11-21-14 07:30 AM
    Forget tablet, my Passport has reduced my laptop use!

For my main work, I simply can't replace a laptop at my desk but for emails, reading websites and reviewing charts and PDFs, the Passport makes it so much quicker, easier and accessible wherever I am.
    11-22-14 09:40 PM
    I use Samsung Note Pro(12.1 Inc Tablet Phone)...which has kind of replaced by Laptop for travel (though I still have to carry a keyboard and mouse) If I can get a good Surface Pro like Keyboard for Note Pro then it would completely avoid carrying Phone, Laptop etc...Infact, BB Blend works perfectly with my Note Pro....hope Blend comes with lots of other integration like Whatsapp notification etc...

BB PP has not replaced this device yet though understandably but it has indeed improved my productivity with responding to emails (BB Hub is one hell of a feature!). I have two phones, one is BB PP and another is Note Pro which are basically tied to Sony MW1 Bluetooth Head Set (multi-mode). T
    11-22-14 11:58 PM
    My aged laptop died a few months ago, not long after I'd got a Z30, and I'm trying hard to live without it. Aside of some picture editing, I'm missing it less and less (though it was hard at first). The Z30 certainly helped in that respect; its big screen made life easier when generally browsing/buying/surfing/etc online.

I still have a PlayBook; I use it daily (or nightly) to either watch YouTube videos or do a bit of browsing, but it is showing its age and the Z30 is a good substitute if I ever get too frustrated at the PB's ability to load pages.

I'm thinking off getting the PP, but my fear is I'm going to be disappointed at the screen size for browsing and video watching (it's smaller than my Z30's display, after all). For this reason, I've so far held off going for the PP... and may consider the Galaxy Note 4 (which my wife recently acquired, and looks to have an amazing screen).

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    11-23-14 05:49 AM
    My son took over my Nexus tablet for his angry birds....

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 03:44 AM
    Yes... tablet is not a phone & too large to carry... this is a good combo... tablet has no keyboard

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 04:39 AM
    I used to love my ipad and was always on it all the time, but was always annoyed as I had to haul that and my iphone around, but now having the passport for just over 2 months I LOVE IT!! And I haven't touched either ipad or iphone again! And I have also noticed that having my passport has cut down the usage of my laptop too! This is a really good all in one device!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 05:28 AM
    I have used my passport more than any of my other devices over the pass couple of days. The only time I have used my Shield tablet is to play minecraft with my son. Although it's a new phone and I will use it a lot the first few days, I have had fewer reasons to use my tablet since getting the passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 07:36 AM
    Playbook is gone. No need for it anymore.
    11-28-14 08:17 AM
    Ever since the Z10 my tablet usage has been close to nothing. Since getting my passport my desktop usage has now gone the way of the tablet. There just is almost no need for anything else anymore.

Sent from my Passport
    11-28-14 10:33 AM
    It's a wee shame for my playbook, from purchase nearly 3 years ago it has never had a day I use it for everything I loved it so much I even suffered FLIX and was a perfect marriage for my 9900.
    But 20th October passport arrived, since then it's been used a hand full of times mostly to see how bridge worked. I keep meaning to browse with passport and then open on playbook but the speed of the passport makes it hard to justify. Videos are still it's strength for me either streaming from pc or upload.
    That aside I still say the playbook has been the best product I have ever owned and it's won that 2 years in a row.
    After all my ranting I'm going to try and let my playbook join in again ,I'll make it a new years resolution
    Oh yeah and my tasty pc is more a server now and controlled by my....you guessed it passport

Passport/10.3.0.1418. UK
    12-02-14 09:27 PM
    No, since it was zero already. That's my Z10's doing.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    12-02-14 09:40 PM
    Definitely. I use my passport more and my tablet less compared to when i had my z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 10:02 PM
    I stopped touching the ipad!

And reduced usage on my pc!

Passport Powered
    12-09-14 10:52 PM
144 ... 23456