Yup. it reduced my tablet usage because i let my wife use it all the time because she is the BOSS
    11-02-14 04:58 PM
    Yes, I haven't touch the iPad mini since I've got the passport. My kids love the Passport since I no longer touch the iPad.
    11-02-14 05:23 PM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport = Mobile + tablet + notebook

... for me

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 05:27 PM
    Same here.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:23 PM
    When I was on my z30, I had started to notice that due to poor reading experience, I was getting in the habit of skimming through articles and tutorials and such, online. With Passport, I was just talking to friend of mine earlier today how it was easy to read on it. Basically when I read an online tutorial or something now I tend to make lesser mistakes while doing it myself..

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:36 PM
    I've stopped hauling my Macbook Air to work only use it occasionally to give the PP a rest.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:53 PM
    The Passport has made me ignore my tablet.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:00 PM
    Yes. My Playbook has been relegated to a music player in the shower. Passport has made it possible for me to take work trips with only one device. To be fair, the Z30 was making it very close to only needing one device, but the Passport cemented the deal.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-02-14 08:12 PM
    Yes. My Playbook has been relegated to a music player in the shower. Passport has made it possible for me to take work trips with only one device. To be fair, the Z30 was making it very close to only needing one device, but the Passport cemented the deal.
    If you buy a Bluetooth wireless speaker, you can relegate your tablet to a drawer! I just purchased the Monster Bluetooth speaker and it is a beast!
    11-02-14 08:25 PM
    Yes, i have nearly stopped my use of the elitebook folio; however, i am not sure if spending a lot of time on the passport is good for my eyes. As much as i love the passport experience, i am spending too much time on it that my eyes get strained.

I am beginning to miss the sleek form factor of the z10 and using the folio for browsing. Anyone else in the same boat?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:37 PM
    I see the tendency in me but I have barely used it for few days hence I can't comment now.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:45 PM
    If you buy a Bluetooth wireless speaker, you can relegate your tablet to a drawer! I just purchased the Monster Bluetooth speaker and it is a beast!
    Ahhh, but that's why I have the BlackBerry Bluetooth speaker!
    11-02-14 08:58 PM
    I still need to use my iPad to review my tech packs for sets and various layouts.

Overall I have to admit that I've very impressed with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:01 PM
    My samsung tab 3 is collecting dust. Wanna sell it but got as gift. boooooooo
    I'm the same way! Lol.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-02-14 09:04 PM
    My Z30 reduced it. The Passport has eliminated it.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:06 PM
    I can use my ipad 2 days since I had Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:49 PM
    - Tablet?? what tablet?? ... if you get my gist .. lol
    11-03-14 12:24 AM
    I went from iPad to Samsung Galaxy Tab S and now the Passport. My Tab S has been sitting beside my bed to rot. I need to sell asap as I am deeply in love with my Passport.

I used to take my tablet to the washroom to watch the news while I'm brushing my teeth or doing my other business. Now my passport even with a smaller screen is sufficient enough to watch it anywhere I go.
    11-03-14 12:35 AM
    For me it's reducing my computer usage
    11-03-14 12:36 AM
    the only time i get back at my Nexus 7 is to play Clash of Clans! if this got to work on BBPP then my tablet will go on public sale!

-Posted from my BlackBerry Passport via CB10.
    11-03-14 12:56 AM
    Since I got my Passport I am barely using my Nexus 7 or Playbook.

Is this the case for you?

Posted via CB10
    OP - thanks for starting this thread.... I'm just on the cusp of buying a Passport (need EE to unlock my Q10 first, which has been a frustrating and unsuccessful process so far.....) and one of the biggest reasons for getting the Passport is so that I don't need to carry a tablet around with me (I get activity spreadsheets and pdf dashboard screenshots emailed to me throughout the day - and they are not easy to view on a Q10 - hence I am still lugging around my trusty PlayBook)

I will be reading the responses in this thread with great interest
    11-03-14 01:59 AM
    No! While Passport replaces my Note 3 for communication and messaging, it doesn't reduce my Tab S 8.4 usage which is not for communication driver anyway.

The bigger and beautiful screen of Tab S (not to mention more stable WIFI) is always useful for intermediary usages like keeping your speech, materials etc. To me phone like Passport will not replace Tablet nor replace PC as each has its own function and advantages.
    11-03-14 02:46 AM
    I don't understand how exactly the passport eliminates a tablet. It's a 4.5 inch screen. Is it because it's wider than it is narrow? Anytime I've had a tablet (other than the Microsoft Surface, which was terrific) I've never really used it. Not a huge tablet guy I guess. Especially since I don't have Wifi everywhere I go. But when a tablet is convenient, I grab it for its screen size. Again, my question is, how does the passport eliminate the tablet?

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-03-14 07:41 AM
    I could see my Passport replacing my iPad mini but not my Laptop. Not yet anyway.

I need to be able to connect to my network with SonicWall while I am out of the office and right not can't do that but I only do that with my laptop anyway.

I can definitely see myself connecting to my computer at my desk while I am in the warehouse though.
    11-03-14 08:54 AM
    If my engagements didn't need Google Drive I could very well use BB PP instead of my NotePro! Meaning BB OS needs strong integration with Google IMO. But I am not sure if that would happen.
    11-03-14 09:12 AM
144 1234 ...