Well gents, received my new (old) stock battery and new keyboard today. Immediately installed and voilá, it is alive! Battery was new but arrived completely discharged, to be expected. Keyboard feels clicky and wonderful! A pleasure to type and swipe on! A big Thanks to all who helped source the parts! You guys rock! Now I will go through a few charge cycles to let the battery settle in and report back findings. Cheers,

PS - have noticed that when using WhatsApp the capacitive function stops working. Did this with the old Keyboard too, something in the BBW version of the app? Also, WhatsApp will not open from the HUB. Is there another version you guys use? Thanks again,

Posted with my Passport
    Last edited by Crusader03; 08-19-19 at 07:58 PM.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-19-19 07:15 PM

PS - have noticed that when using WhatsApp the capacitive function stops working. Did this with the old Keyboard too, something in the BBW version of the app? Also, WhatsApp will not open from the HUB. Is there another version you guys use? Thanks again,

Posted with my Passport
    I use the latest version of WhatsApp and my VKB functions perfectly within the app (Z30), or did you mean the scrolling functionality?
    I also don't have a problem opening WhatsApp notifications from within the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 08:03 PM
    I use the latest version of WhatsApp and my VKB functions perfectly within the app (Z30), or did you mean the scrolling functionality?
    I also don't have a problem opening WhatsApp notifications from within the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    Is yours from BBW? Scrolling within the app is fine. When exiting app, The Keyboards capacitive functions are disabled until I reboot. Sometimes when I go into other apps the capacitive function returns. Go figure.
    08-19-19 08:18 PM
    Is yours from BBW? Scrolling within the app is fine. When exiting app, The Keyboards capacitive functions are disabled until I reboot. Sometimes when I go into other apps the capacitive function returns. Go figure.
    Nope, I got it from here.
    Just use the latest Android app.
    Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 08:21 PM
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Posted with my Passport
    08-19-19 08:31 PM
    Nope, I got it from here.
    Just use the latest Android app.
    Posted via CB10
    OK, so I just downloaded it and it stated it was an update and loaded. Is that normal? Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-19-19 08:42 PM
    OK, so I just downloaded it and it stated it was an update and loaded. Is that normal? Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    I would uninstall the one from BBW first then install from the website I linked just to be safe (probably not necessary), otherwise seems normal.

PS. Don't use Nemorys' apps, he just takes free Android apps and makes you pay for them.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 08:54 PM
    Ah, ok. Was not aware. Thanks for the heads up. Will do.

Posted with my Passport
    08-19-19 08:56 PM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled from your link. Still knocks down capacitive keyboard. I'm stumped.

Posted with my Passport
    08-19-19 09:24 PM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled from your link. Still knocks down capacitive keyboard. I'm stumped.

Posted with my Passport
    Hmm, maybe other Passport users can confirm if this also happens for them?

Posted via CB10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    08-19-19 09:51 PM
    Hmm, maybe other Passport users can confirm if this also happens for them?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I hope so. Not looking forward to wiping it.
    08-19-19 10:20 PM
    The problem with the keyboard stop functioning in a capacitive way has to do with how you close the android app, in our case Whatsapp. If you do a swipe up and then close the app by pressing the X on the bottom right side, the keyboard will work just as it should. But even if you forget to do that, just start another android app and then close it as suggested, so no need to reboot your phone in any case.
    08-20-19 09:40 AM
    As for the Hub issue, I got my version from the website and it never fails to open from the Hub.
    08-20-19 09:45 AM
    The problem with the keyboard stop functioning in a capacitive way has to do with how you close the android app, in our case Whatsapp. If you do a swipe up and then close the app by pressing the X on the bottom right side, the keyboard will work just as it should. But even if you forget to do that, just start another android app and then close it as suggested, so no need to reboot your phone in any case.
    Thanks for the info. When I open another Android app and close it with the X, capacitive Keyboard function does indeed come back.
    But when I swipe up on WhatsApp to minimize it and press the X, as I always do for all apps, it disables the capacitive function. At a loss of how to correct this as it seems I am using the method you describe. My old Keyboard had the same behaviour. Just installed a new one.

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 12:39 PM
    This is very strange...After deleting all data from the BBW app and then getting the app from its website, do you still experience this malfunction? Very strange indeed...Let's see if TT can help out here...
    08-20-19 03:11 PM
    This is very strange...After deleting all data from the BBW app and then getting the app from its website, do you still experience this malfunction? Very strange indeed...Let's see if TT can help out here...
    @TrumpetTiger
    08-20-19 03:13 PM
    Very strange indeed.....thanks for the shout-outs @saint300 and @Chuck Finley69. @Crusader03, hang in there...trying to get a workaround in place for the BBID problem some are having with the date and time issue but I'll put this next on the list....
    08-20-19 03:24 PM
    I just deleted it from the screen. How does one delete all data? I have not found an app uninstall feature so figured long pressing the app and then pressing the delete icon would uninstall it. Is this correct or should I be doing it another way? Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 03:34 PM
    Very strange indeed.....thanks for the shout-outs @saint300 and @Chuck Finley69. @Crusader03, hang in there...trying to get a workaround in place for the BBID problem some are having with the date and time issue but I'll put this next on the list....
    Thank you much appreciated.

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 03:36 PM
    I just deleted it from the screen. How does one delete all data? I have not found an app uninstall feature so figured long pressing the app and then pressing the delete icon would uninstall it. Is this correct or should I be doing it another way? Thanks,

Posted with my Passport
    The trash icon should be sufficient - but you can also go in Device Monitor, find the app, tap on it to view usage details and there's a "Clear Data" button.

I also had a slight hiccup today - but within BBM, pressing the back key woke it back up. Might want to try that.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-19 07:54 PM
    Ha! Figured out why WhatsApp was knocking down my capacitive keyboard. It was the sequence of closing the app, as mentioned before. When exiting I was using the back arrow until it minimized and then pressed the "X" to clear it. Now I press the back arrow until the app is on it's home page, then flick up to minimize and then press the "X" to clear it from recents. Works like a charm! All is good now in capacitive land. Again guys, you're the best! Thanks for all the help. Now on to my next issues and the questions that will generate!

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 08:07 PM
    Ha! Figured out why WhatsApp was knocking down my capacitive keyboard. It was the sequence of closing the app, as mentioned before. When exiting I was using the back arrow until it minimized and then pressed the "X" to clear it. Now I press the back arrow until the app is on it's home page, then flick up to minimize and then press the "X" to clear it from recents. Works like a charm! All is good now in capacitive land. Again guys, you're the best! Thanks for all the help. Now on to my next issues and the questions that will generate!

Posted with my Passport
    CrackBerry is a family site for BlackBerry fans. Your other issues and questions belong on the adult section of Dr Phil. Thanks in advance. TOS and such LMAO
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-20-19 08:10 PM
    Waiting to see how your episode goes before I go on there Chucky! Lol

Posted with my Passport
    08-20-19 08:27 PM
    Waiting to see how your episode goes before I go on there Chucky! Lol

Posted with my Passport
    Ya need to check me out then on Springer, “Live from Brandon Trailer Park” episodes....
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-20-19 08:32 PM

Posted with my Passport
    Glad to hear you're all set Crusader! Let us know if you have any further issues.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-19 12:34 AM
26 12