So I've stumbled across a few rebooting Passport threads on here whilst looking into the issue I'm having, the general consensus seems to be if your device is rebooting during normal use or when idling then its time to return it. My device is currently rebooting about once per day and has just gone 48h without doing so before doing it again, the thing that puzzles me though is how it is only rebooting when swiping back to active frames after reading a WhatsApp message within the hub leading me to think this must be down to software, surely making a hardware exchange pointless?

The culprit may not actually be WhatsApp and may just be the gesture or the hub and the link between the app and the reboots may be coincidence. The reboots also seem to have the same build up to them when they occur, I try swipe out of WhatsApp and it fails instead registering a tap on the screen and bringing up the software keyboard row, second swipe minimises the keyboard and reboots the device. I also swipe around the device like a mad man with zero patience which results in many gestures failing to register and choppy animations from time to time.

I reply and swipe out of WhatsApp easily over 100 times a day, compared to maybe 20 sms, 10 bbm, 5 emails or so.

So I'm really here to see what other peoples thoughts are. Could this be a faulty touch digitizer? WhatsApp bug? Hub bug? Other OS bug? Has anybody else had a similar issue?

Thanks for any input or further test suggestions. Brent.
    10-12-14 10:45 AM
    Probably a WA bug from what it seems like. I got rid of that months ago once BBM went cross platform. Someone wants me, they can BBM or text me.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 and Brent Kirby like this.
    10-12-14 10:52 AM
    I am a WA user and so far didn't have a single reboot. I am having PP for 2 weeks now. So not sure, have you restored from previous device or fresh install?
    10-12-14 11:43 AM
    Fresh install on both occasions.
    10-12-14 12:27 PM
    So I've stumbled across a few rebooting Passport threads on here whilst looking into the issue I'm having, the general consensus seems to be if your device is rebooting during normal use or when idling then its time to return it. My device is currently rebooting about once per day and has just gone 48h without doing so before doing it again, the thing that puzzles me though is how it is only rebooting when swiping back to active frames after reading a WhatsApp message within the hub leading me to think this must be down to software, surely making a hardware exchange pointless?

The culprit may not actually be WhatsApp and may just be the gesture or the hub and the link between the app and the reboots may be coincidence. The reboots also seem to have the same build up to them when they occur, I try swipe out of WhatsApp and it fails instead registering a tap on the screen and bringing up the software keyboard row, second swipe minimises the keyboard and reboots the device. I also swipe around the device like a mad man with zero patience which results in many gestures failing to register and choppy animations from time to time.

I reply and swipe out of WhatsApp easily over 100 times a day, compared to maybe 20 sms, 10 bbm, 5 emails or so.

So I'm really here to see what other peoples thoughts are. Could this be a faulty touch digitizer? WhatsApp bug? Hub bug? Other OS bug? Has anybody else had a similar issue?

Thanks for any input or further test suggestions. Brent.
    Actually this happened to me a few days ago ONCE only so far touch wood swiping up on bbm.
    Hasn't happened since. Hope it stays like that!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:42 PM
    Never for me. I restored my z10 data

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 12:44 PM