I was having issue with my passport where it reboots itself and for it I contacted BlackBerry and they gave me some link to perform a test so that they could know whether its hardware issue or software issue..
    They said if it fails then its hardware problem but the thing is I cant open link its some ips kind of address. I have no idea which test is that which I can perform with BBVE. Can anyone help regarding it??

http://10.255.0.18:8080/knowledgebas...ListHelperImpl

I get error that network is unavailable but its not..
    Passport rebooting issue support by blackberry-img_20150206_180946.png

Posted via my awesome Passport
    02-06-15 07:40 AM
    BBVE can be obtained here:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

The list of the tests are in the app.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    02-06-15 07:54 AM
    BBVE can be obtained here:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

The list of the tests are in the app.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    I have BBVE and I have tested that for all the tests already and didn't find anything wrong. Were they talking about some specific test and what about the link if u know??

02-06-15 08:00 AM
    I also have the same error when I click on the link. If they only wanted you to check it using BBVE, then you can just download it from BlackBerry World. You open the app and it will just guide you through a series of tests. It might even uncover other problems in your device.

Anyway, just let them know that their link is not working and you'll just download the app. I'm just wondering if there is a difference between their link and by just downloading from BlackBerry world. Good luck!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-06-15 08:05 AM
    I also have the same error when I click on the link. If they only wanted you to check it using BBVE, then you can just download it from BlackBerry World. You open the app and it will just guide you through a series of tests. It might even uncover other problems in your device.

Anyway, just let them know that their link is not working and you'll just download the app. I'm just wondering if there is a difference between their link and by just downloading from BlackBerry world. Good luck!

That app came preinstalled and I already performed all the tests but nothing is wrong and not once I have done this for a number of times..

02-06-15 08:10 AM
    Yeah... get back to them and ask for a working link. Good luck.

02-06-15 08:13 AM
    The supporter provided the internal link.

Pls use http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35973

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 08:16 AM
    The supporter provided the internal link.

Pls use http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35973

Posted via CB10
    Thanks but I think its same that I have on phone and tests and everything..

02-06-15 08:19 AM
    I think they know what is wrong. They are just giving you the run around. Blackberry 10 has had the random restart issue since the Z10. I can attest to that because I had the Z10, Q10 and now the passport. Restarts have been less than with Z10 but still happens randomly.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 08:54 AM
    This is a known issue mainly on Z10 and Passport. Never had it happen nor heard of it happening on Z30. My Passport started one night when it freeze after connection to link then the rebooting started which was eventually followed by no mobile connection because of "sim from unknown source" error. Maybe less than one percent of phones get this problem and it's not just BlackBerry but across all manufacturers and platforms. Just something that more bothersome when it happens to you though. I bought another Passport after the first problem child started acting up and it's been flawless so far. Best thing is to send back defective phones and try and get a warranty replacement

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:35 AM
    Passport rebooting issue support by blackberry-img_20150206_224819.png

Same issue I think

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-06-15 09:48 AM
    I think they know what is wrong. They are just giving you the run around. Blackberry 10 has had the random restart issue since the Z10. I can attest to that because I had the Z10, Q10 and now the passport. Restarts have been less than with Z10 but still happens randomly.

Posted via CB10
    You certainly have no idea what you were talking about.
    Z10 was rebooting because of a OS problem specific to STL100-4, which was fixed in late 10.1MR or 10.2.0.
    No other devices had reboots, so verify your facts.
    02-06-15 10:07 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150206_224819.png 
Views:	1289 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	332175

Same issue I think

I hope so they correct it because nothing is wrong other than that. I mean no other issues and it just reboots its own at anytime irrespective of what i am doing. Sometimes it doesnt reboot whole day and sometimes twice a day. I have already tried reloading wiping but its same and i dont even have any apps except whatsapp and cb10.

02-06-15 10:08 AM
    Z10 was rebooting because of a OS problem specific to STL100-4, which was fixed in late 10.1MR or 10.2.0.
    Check my facts? I owned both Z10 and Q10, both had random restart issues. My phone is a Passport and I have experienced random restarts, not as many as the Z10 and Q10 but it happens. I also just purchased a Z30 for my Nanny, so it will be interesting to see if it happens with that phone as well. So no I don't need to check my facts with first hand experience.

Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    mbamd likes this.
    02-06-15 11:14 PM
    My Q10 has started rebooting, roughly once or twice a week that I've seen and I really only started noticing it more frequently on the last 2 leak releases...I'm currently running 10.3.1.2072.

Posted via my kick@ss Q10.
    02-06-15 11:23 PM
    Speaking of facts: Could you please post a link to the fact that STL 100-4 was hit by random reboots? If not, please stop being rude and talk about facts...

The only public acknowledged issue was not device specific to ST 100-4 and was for 10.1.x
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34039

There are probably more non-public reboot issues known and/or fixed but unless you have access to the RNKIL (Release Notes & Known Issues List) it's "BlackBerry NDA knowledge".

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 03:43 PM
    After not replying for 4 days atlast BlackBerry replied and guess what they asked me to read online document for maximising battery life that's just pathetic service they dont even have any idea about what's causing the issue. While typing this post it rebooted itself and I m typing again.

I have no idea what to do should I go to service centre for this or should I wait for update to see if its rectified in update.

02-09-15 12:07 AM
    Wow!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 04:03 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150206_224819.png 
Views:	1289 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	332175

Same issue I think

So i did not want to wait for update and see whether the issue is software or hardware i submitted my device at blackberry service centre and i just got a call from the guy saying that there is issue with MOTHERBOARD and it will be repaired at main centre i.e bangalore india .. i asked him specially did he find any issue he told me that yes dere are issues with motherboard and it will be replaced if not repaired ..

so guys if anyone having reboots of passport its hardware issue which cannot be rectified with software i guess.. anyone having same problem should ask for replacement..
    02-11-15 01:21 AM
    After not replying for 4 days atlast BlackBerry replied and guess what they asked me to read online document for maximising battery life that's just pathetic service they dont even have any idea about what's causing the issue. While typing this post it rebooted itself and I m typing again.

I have no idea what to do should I go to service centre for this or should I wait for update to see if its rectified in update.

Get the phone replaced or do an OS reload using BlackBerry link (not a security wipe). I don't know why but that has always fixed any problems I've ever had.
    Don't restore either
    02-11-15 01:27 AM
    Get the phone replaced or do an OS reload using BlackBerry link (not a security wipe). I don't know why but that has always fixed any problems I've ever had.
    Don't restore either
    Already tried that .. now lets see what happens i have already submitted phone to service centre..
    02-11-15 01:32 AM
    If this happens right away after you set up the device it's hardware but if it happens after a while then it's os! BUT sometimes it's a combination of both!
    Call the company you purchased from for a warranty replacement! A RMA process will be started!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 06:22 PM
    So here is the update about the support from BlackBerry service centre.

I submitted the device on feb 9 and then it made a journey to main service centre and after a month long journey I got it back sat after repeated emails to BlackBerry and service centre and countless assurances about the service.

When I went to collect the REPAIRED phone I asked the guy about the problem and how it was rectified but he just said he doesnt know and I wont know what was repaired in phone.

I was told that my phone is waiting part from abroad and there is shortage of replacement parts so that is why it will take more time for the phone to be repaired and then atlast got it after ONE month.

On the very first day i.e saturday it rebooted again at night and then again on sunday and same today when I was told that it has been repaired and issue is resolved.

So now I dont know what can I do about it if I go again to service centre they will take another month for repair and Its not guaranteed that it will be repaired...

Can anyone suggest about anything that can be done about it..

03-09-15 04:45 AM