I'm so excited for passport. Really. Just like when the Z10 was announced. When the Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3 were announced, I didn't get excited like at all. I saw the Q10, at the display, and thought it was a very good device, but I didn't want it right away. I stayed and content with my Z10 very much. Even when the Z30 came out, I could wait for months, to wait for the price went down, and I bought it when the device has undergone a 2 times price-cut. But with Passport, it's different. I want it now. Badly. I got really excited and I don't think I can wait until the price is going down, like what I did with Z30. I wasn't intrigued by physical keyboard so much anymore because the virtual keyboards of our Z-series are amazing. My plan was to buy the Z30, and use it until the all-touch flagship device by BlackBerry was announced. I bought Z30 after I knew that Passport is coming out. But this Passport excitement grew on me. Man. That innovative keyboard. And the strange form factor. Those really make people curious.

I really think BlackBerry has done a very good job at marketing the device. But one thing is still true, it is hard to find a BlackBerry in any non-online shops. That's the thing that they should fix. It is very possible that they underestimated the success of the product. It's not that the product is as successful as iPhone 6 or Galaxy Note 4, but it certainly exceeded expectations of people.

Now I'm going back Passport hunting. Lol. What I don't really like is that, why is it getting very expensive to buy the Passport in the country that is not named USA. ==.
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-10-14 04:55 PM
    Stay excited and hunt one down!!!!!!!!
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    10-10-14 06:36 PM
    Stay excited and hunt one down!!!!!!!!
    I'm trying to.
    10-10-14 07:54 PM
    I'm the same as u.. I used a z10 when it first came out.. got robbed several months ago and bought back a z10 and still using it..now looking to switch to passport

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:58 PM
    I don't know. I kind of like being in the exclusive passport club.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:00 PM
    I am just back from a trip to Agawa Canyon. Beautiful scenery yadyada.... I met a very techie young user, and older techie, and a curious person. All reacted to the Passport by saying "is that the new BlackBerry?". Now I have had the passport for less than a week and I don't even know all its capabilities! After a demonstration by an inept new user (me). They all gushed over the keyboard as opposed to touch screen with errors galore, the fit in the palm (two men and one woman) and how good it felt using the keys. they all loved the screen size - the 'young user' plays games on his Samsung but all the same commented on the screen size as being so very sharp in detail. Me - I am happy to have the Passport!
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-10-14 09:51 PM
    Got mine! So excited!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:41 PM
    I brought mine with me to a pub nearby and the amazing thing was that both the bartender and two other guests asked me questions about the Passport.

What's even more noteworthy is that the immediately identified it as the new BlackBerry. This happened in Germany where the market share for consumers is almost non existent. It seems the phone gets quite some attention in a broader (pun intended) basis.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:52 PM
    I brought mine with me to a pub nearby and the amazing thing was that both the bartender and two other guests asked me questions about the Passport.

What's even more noteworthy is that the immediately identified it as the new BlackBerry. This happened in Germany where the market share for consumers is almost non existent. It seems the phone gets quite some attention in a broader (pun intended) basis.

Posted via CB10
    Also bought it in Germany, Cologne. It sure is broad, and it really need some time to get use to.
    10-11-14 04:13 PM
    I'm typing this on my Passport. This phone is sexy as hell. The wide screen and touch keyboard are the killer features.

Perfect combo of swiping, tapping and physical keys. I ordered it on launch day Sept 24 and got it 12 days later on October 6 from ShopBB. Worth every second of the wait.

Be patient if you are waiting and if you are on the fence about whether to order one -- just do it! You can thank me later lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 04:25 PM
    Nice! I'm thinking about selling my z30 and getting the pass

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 04:28 PM
    It feels very different, the phone. For people who doesn't want to try to adapt, it would be difficult. But the screen size is very.. large. You can see many more than you usually can on any phone. It's as if your seeing on a tablet. If you're not using your phone to play games, I think Passport is the best phone for you. But only if your willing to adapt.
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-11-14 04:36 PM
    Wish I could make a trip to German and bought one.. Still nothing here in Indonesia, not even ads.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy your new Passport, Andy.
    10-11-14 05:05 PM
    Wish I could make a trip to German and bought one.. Still nothing here in Indonesia, not even ads.

Anyway, congrats and enjoy your new Passport, Andy.
    I'm going to Indonesia next December, and I might be able to get a tax refund too. Thanks very much! I'm sure it would be released soon in Indonesia! Btw, the keyboard that we get here is the qwertz, not the qwerty.
    10-11-14 05:10 PM
    My friend who's studying product design was very impressed with the phone and the feel. He regards the device as a beautiful device. It is beautiful.
    10-11-14 07:06 PM
    I've only heard people say good things about the Passport!

The only negative is, that is so big!

This is a hit for BlackBerry. It's getting people talking about BlackBerry again. And it's talking positively about BlackBerry too!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 07:10 PM
    I've only heard people say good things about the Passport!

The only negative is, that is so big!

This is a hit for BlackBerry. It's getting people talking about BlackBerry again. And it's talking positively about BlackBerry too!

Posted via CB10
    It's not only the size. It's the combination of the physical and virtual keyboard might cause confusion for people. Lol. It's a different experience.
    10-12-14 01:59 AM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport really gets people excited.-fullsizerender-1-.jpg

The Passport is sexy, premium in every way and super innovative...
    Nothing like it...

Very addictive too!

VIP BOSS phone!

Passport really gets people excited.-facebook-20141005-095831.png

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    10-12-14 02:03 AM
    One thing. Not all apps are updated for passport compatibility. So many of them looked funny. Most of the time, only half of the screen is used. Very probable because of the unusual resolution of the device.
    10-12-14 02:37 AM
    I bought mine when it was on sale with the coupon. Lucky me, now it's making way to NZ. Would probably one of the handful of owners here.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    wiredr likes this.
    10-12-14 02:43 AM
    Tall/long gadget has problem when I sit down or doin something spontaneus movement when on my pocket trousere or jeans, Blackberry Passport ubelievably very comfort to use ....gratz for blackberry
    10-12-14 02:44 AM
    I'm so excited for passport. Really. Just like when the Z10 was announced. When the Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3 were announced, I didn't get excited like at all. I saw the Q10, at the display, and thought it was a very good device, but I didn't want it right away. I stayed and content with my Z10 very much. Even when the Z30 came out, I could wait for months, to wait for the price went down, and I bought it when the device has undergone a 2 times price-cut. But with Passport, it's different. I want it now. Badly. I got really excited and I don't think I can wait until the price is going down, like what I did with Z30. I wasn't intrigued by physical keyboard so much anymore because the virtual keyboards of our Z-series are amazing. My plan was to buy the Z30, and use it until the all-touch flagship device by BlackBerry was announced. I bought Z30 after I knew that Passport is coming out. But this Passport excitement grew on me. Man. That innovative keyboard. And the strange form factor. Those really make people curious.

I really think BlackBerry has done a very good job at marketing the device. But one thing is still true, it is hard to find a BlackBerry in any non-online shops. That's the thing that they should fix. It is very possible that they underestimated the success of the product. It's not that the product is as successful as iPhone 6 or Galaxy Note 4, but it certainly exceeded expectations of people.

Now I'm going back Passport hunting. Lol. What I don't really like is that, why is it getting very expensive to buy the Passport in the country that is not named USA. ==.
    I've been noticing your posts, Andy and you've taken quite a lot of trouble looking for the passport. Any luck yet?

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    10-12-14 02:51 AM
    I've been noticing your posts, Andy and you've taken quite a lot of trouble looking for the passport. Any luck yet?

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Thank you for your concern! I managed to find one, I think it's the only one shop, that has a Passport stock! It was pretty exhausting. My friend and I hunted that device for more than a week, to many shops. Vodafone, Saturn, Mediamarkt, Cyberport. Finally get one in Saturn. They were very ignorant, the shop attendant. They said they don't have the device but apparently they do. Thanks to CB forum. Someone gave me a tip and apparently that tip worked!
    10-12-14 03:03 AM
    I'm waiting for Atnt to release it

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:32 AM