Ok let's not be ridiculous, if anything the camera is half a second slower than iOS, IF THAT. It's either your OS or your hardware.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    You're entitled to your opinion. Being that I shoot with a professional DSLR typically and I have used many other smartphone cameras, yes, the Passport has the worst camera experience to date after the Bold 9900.

It's not the hardware, it's the software.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 03:49 PM
    Download 'snap' get all the android apps you want. (but keep in mind that some don't work :] ) lol
    Do you honestly believe I don't have Snap?

Snap is great, it gets me apps that may never come to BB World. But, it's only a stop gap in my opinion and does very little to bring me a proper native experience. In particular a native Bloomberg app that I had on my Z10 and is reportedly coming to the Passport. The android counterpart, which has even replaced the native app in BB World, is worlds apart form the native app I had on my Z10. I've watched the Passport release presentation and seen the new native app is going to have some rather amazing features, but until it's released I'm left with my d*ck in my hand.

There are a hand full of apps that are either not available or are still formatted for other devices that I have essentially lost since I upgraded to a Passport. And, there is another handful of games that I lost, albeit of less importance to me but none the less gone.

Snap is here, it works, it gets me apps that I would never have otherwise, but it is not a positive point in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry for the rant.

Edit:
    You're entitled to your opinion. Being that I shoot with a professional DSLR typically and I have used many other smartphone cameras, yes, the Passport has the worst camera experience to date after the Bold 9900.

It's not the hardware, it's the software.
    I have to agree with you... in particular the focus time almost ruins the camera completely.
    tvst28 likes this.
    11-21-14 04:21 PM
    I'd give it 8.5

Camera focus and flickering on the screen.

Hope they fix this soon.

Posted via CB10 and the #BBPassport
    11-21-14 05:02 PM
    8.5 - 9 at least for me. Loving this thing more everyday.

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    11-21-14 05:45 PM
    9.5 - camera focus is my only real area where the phone is not perfect. Even that has techniques which mitigate the problems! I am probably considered a power user - hey I even compile apps on the thing with a native gcc toolchain! The only phones that come close are the meego phones (n9, jolla), but they are way underpowered. So I'll leave that extra 0.5 to improve the focus, then it's a 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:19 PM

Build quality is inconsistent between different devices, the app situation is still pretty bad requiring lots of workarounds, and the camera is atrocious.

Posted via CB10
    lool FOH. you must be a troll
    11-21-14 06:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:38 PM

Build quality is great, reception is strong, battery life is top notch, audio quality is great.

Only con is the call audio SLIGHTLY fading in and out every now and then. I'm sure a software update will fix it.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:41 PM
    9.5 Agree with issue of buggy camera but to tell the truth I don't use a camera phone all that much.

Use the Passport for efficient email and texting and some browsing.

Android apps load and perform very well and no complaints. Phone is FAST, large screen is perfect format for reading texts and email...

Passport on TMO (wish TMO will embrace Blackberry once again.....)
    11-21-14 07:17 PM
    11-21-14 07:33 PM
    Do you honestly believe I don't have Snap?

Snap is great, it gets me apps that may never come to BB World. But, it's only a stop gap in my opinion and does very little to bring me a proper native experience. In particular a native Bloomberg app that I had on my Z10 and is reportedly coming to the Passport. The android counterpart, which has even replaced the native app in BB World, is worlds apart form the native app I had on my Z10. I've watched the Passport release presentation and seen the new native app is going to have some rather amazing features, but until it's released I'm left with my d*ck in my hand.

There are a hand full of apps that are either not available or are still formatted for other devices that I have essentially lost since I upgraded to a Passport. And, there is another handful of games that I lost, albeit of less importance to me but none the less gone.

Snap is here, it works, it gets me apps that I would never have otherwise, but it is not a positive point in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry for the rant.

Edit:

I have to agree with you... in particular the focus time almost ruins the camera completely.
    I agree. I hate that we have to sideload an app to get the android apps we want. It'd be neat if we simply had the play store in general WITHOUT having to sideload ANYTHING. Maybe developers would go out of their way to optimize for blackberry if that were the case.

11-21-14 09:12 PM
    8.5 on 10.3.0, 9.5 on 10.3.1. I actually like the camera now that I've figured out how to use it. Just a couple minor issues with the software (some screen flickering once in a great while).
    11-21-14 09:36 PM
    You don't have to sideload Snap. You can use 1Mobile. But it takes all of two minutes to sideload Snap. My Android-using friends regularly spend that much time trying to find a contact -- that's when they're not rooting the device because it cr*pped out on them.
    11-21-14 09:38 PM
    You don't have to sideload Snap. You can use 1Mobile. But it takes all of two minutes to sideload Snap. My Android-using friends regularly spend that much time trying to find a contact -- that's when they're not rooting the device because it cr*pped out on them.
    We as crackberry users don't usually mind sideloading apps but if we want blackberry to be successful it was before, it can't include sideloading apps to get the latest and greatest apps out there. The majority of people just want their devices to work. They don't want to take extra steps when they don't have to. 1mobile stinks compared to snap in my opinion.

11-21-14 09:45 PM
    10 - 1 for nothing is perfect,
    9 - 1 for future improvements
    So 8 is the reasonable score.

But if comparing PP to Apples and Samsung, PP is 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:16 PM
    10 for the hardware and 8 for the software. Guess that makes it a 9 overall.

The software is improving with each leak. Yes, there are problems with the camera and with other software related issues, but these are all fixable.

Oh, it's so much more enjoyable than my iPad Mini that I can't see a reason to keep the iPad.
    11-21-14 10:16 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    9.0 running the default OS...

9.5 when the OS 10.3.1 rolls out which improves the camera weaknesses... everything else perfect!

Awesome phone.... best blackberry ever!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:21 PM
    No phone is perfect so I say a 9.

However, compared to all other phones I've owned --- 10. For serious.
    11-21-14 10:22 PM
    A big fat 9 like mentioned by others there is always room for improvement!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 10:28 PM
    If you exclude apps, it's a 9 for me. But lack of apps bring it to a 7.5-8 for me

Posted via CB10 for Passport
    11-21-14 11:01 PM
    If you exclude apps, it's a 9 for me. But lack of apps bring it to a 7.5-8 for me

Posted via CB10 for Passport
    I don't know why we add this requirement to the score. The app situation is not up to blackberry, it's the app developers.

11-22-14 07:34 AM
    Without making this complicated. Rank your experience with your new passport 1-10.

Personally. I'll give the passport a 9. Camera quality bugs me.

Curious as to how you folks feel about your purchase.

- Slightly stiff keyboard
    - Some features of the OS has some catching up and maturing to do, but not a huge issue since it only gets better from here.
    11-22-14 07:56 AM

- Slightly stiff keyboard
    - Some features of the OS has some catching up and maturing to do, but not a huge issue since it only gets better from here.
    Out of curiosity, what do you mean by a stiff keyboard?

11-22-14 08:08 AM
    Easy. 9.
    11-22-14 08:20 AM
    the app situation is still pretty bad requiring lots of workarounds, and the camera is atrocious.
    Posted via CB10
    My note is 9 because :
    1/ Statements like yours definitely points that there is a mandatory learning curve. Yes, you have to learn how to use it (camera) but I pretend I had a bunch of nice pictures, more than decent for a smartphone (w/o post-effects). On the apps front, I've never been in a situation where I couldn't use an app I needed.
    2/ It doesn't make my coffee when I wake up ... yet

As of date, overall, the best device I had since my 9900.

P.S: I run an OS most of you don't have.
    11-22-14 11:25 AM
151 ... 34567