Did you restore from an older phone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did. But my restore was minimal. Only native cascades apps were transferred, and my settings. I added things like email accounts and media manually afterwards.

Plus I was having work wifi issues out of the box before I did any restoring on it. At home it was fine, which leads me to believe it's OS related.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Daniel Montanaro; 11-21-14 at 07:14 AM.
    11-21-14 07:03 AM
    Ill give passport 7.5/10
    11-21-14 07:30 AM
    Issues:
    1- Camera focus;
    2- Apps does not work appropriately (igrann, for example);
    3 - BB world have less apps compatible than Z30 (some magazines and GPS's)

For BlackBerry Company in Brazil: 0.0
    Issues:
    1- Don't have ANY dealer;
    2 - No technical assistance;
    3 - No gadgets;
    4 - No cellphone accessories.

WHY BLACKBERRY LEAVE US? We are the largest country in south america and the world's seventh largest economy!
    It's not blackberry leaving you. It's the carriers no willing to carry the device in Brazil. I'm Brazilian as well. When my dad went to Brazil a few months ago he bough an unlocked phone there and it worked. Order from the US and you can use it on whatever phone company you have. I just don't know how much they're going to charge you at customs. . Voce vai esta mutio contente com o telefone. Compra un. Perdao. Nao falo portuges muito bem.

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT on T-MO
    11-21-14 07:41 AM
    Order from USA? Everything? Just to know, the taxes ammounts over 75% over the product. If my celphone broken? Order and wait? Who gonna fix it? It's not the carries, it's BlackBerry, who don't want - and i don't know why - to invest in advertising and dealers in Brazil. But in Vietnam and Polond BB wants? I really don't understand...
    11-21-14 08:11 AM
    Yep, six of them, well seven with the one that came today. Out of the first 6, 3/6 had true defects that made the devices unusable, 5/6 had issues that could be classified as defects by some (myself included) like light bleeding, and 1/6 was perfect. The 7th that came I am yet to check out, but I noticed right away that it has some stuck pixels.

Seeing as I have a 10 month old daughter that zips around the house, yes, the camera is atrocious. The focus is so bad and so slow it is literally impossible to capture a spontaneous photo.

Posted via CB10
    wrong tool for the job...
    11-21-14 08:19 AM
    Yep, six of them, well seven with the one that came today. Out of the first 6, 3/6 had true defects that made the devices unusable, 5/6 had issues that could be classified as defects by some (myself included) like light bleeding, and 1/6 was perfect. The 7th that came I am yet to check out, but I noticed right away that it has some stuck pixels.

Seeing as I have a 10 month old daughter that zips around the house, yes, the camera is atrocious. The focus is so bad and so slow it is literally impossible to capture a spontaneous photo.

Posted via CB10
    Ok let's not be ridiculous, if anything the camera is half a second slower than iOS, IF THAT. It's either your OS or your hardware.

11-21-14 08:21 AM
    Camera could definitely be better, and touchpad's sensitivity needs some work. Other than than, it's all good.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:21 AM
    +10,and I'm just starting to get to know my baby.lol
    11-21-14 08:34 AM
    23/10

..posted with my best phone ever! The new BlackBerry Passport! I no longer wait for the Classic. Maybe the BlackBerry slider. ..but the passport is more BlackBerry than ever!
    Evindzer likes this.
    11-21-14 08:35 AM
    Here's a great picture
    Passport Rank 1-10-img_20141102_113015.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:38 AM
    I will rate my experience with the Passport 8.5. I don't buy smart-phones for taking pics. It is a great feature to have but it is not "My" priority. The keyboard was a learning curve (I am still learning to type efficiently on a phycial keyboard compared to the Z30). Overall I am very pleased with my purchase thought!
    11-21-14 08:43 AM
    9...never perfect, can always improve, like everything in life.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-21-14 09:00 AM
    BB10!
    11-21-14 11:00 AM
    -2 for camera focus and lack of a few favorite apps like Bloomberg.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:08 AM
    ackBerry, who don't want - and i don't know why - to invest in advertising and dealers in Brazil.
    If it makes you feel any better, they havent really done any advertising in the US. Its also not available from any carrier in the US right now.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:14 AM
    I really don't understand the reason of BlackBerry does not invest massively in advertising and products to regain market share? Worse , when closing the dealers around the globe, in my understanding , has abandoned his consumers, giving them way to other brands as a "gift".

The products are, clearly, superior than others. Why hide or get cornered?.
    11-21-14 11:31 AM
    Order from USA? Everything? Just to know, the taxes ammounts over 75% over the product. If my celphone broken? Order and wait? Who gonna fix it? It's not the carries, it's BlackBerry, who don't want - and i don't know why - to invest in advertising and dealers in Brazil. But in Vietnam and Polond BB wants? I really don't understand...
    It IS the carriers. Why wouldn't blackberry want to be in Brazil? More money for them. It's the same reason here in the United States. Only AT&T is taking blackberry. Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile will NOT carry the passport.

11-21-14 11:37 AM
    I really don't understand the reason of BlackBerry does not invest massively in advertising and products to regain market share? Worse , when closing the dealers around the globe, in my understanding , has abandoned his consumers, giving them way to other brands as a "gift".

The products are, clearly, superior than others. Why hide or get cornered?.
    Money. Who knows what their budget is for marketing? They may also not have any TV programs that want to take them up on their advertising deals. You need to have a TV program that only supports AT&T here in the US. As for billboards and posters and all these other things, maybe no one wants to give them board space. Maybe they're losing lease bids to samsung and apple. Who knows. There are a lot of factors that contribute. It's not as simple dropping down money and designing a cool poster.

11-21-14 11:40 AM
    I'd like to give it a 15/10 because I feel it is probably the best phone I've ever had, but I don't feel anything is ever perfect and that would just be me being a raving fanboy.

I'll take a different approach and use a little bit of reasoning to work this out.
    9/10 on the hardware. It would be perfect if not for a loose volume button, a separating back, and a slightly uneven keyboard.
    6/10 on the software. For my usage the camera is garbage (too long to focus), there are still inconsistences in the OS that I feel will never be addressed (settings access), and the App situation is more pathetic then my Z10 (no native Bloomberg yet).
    That's an average of 7.5 but I'll add on 1 full point at the end because I like the Hub and Blend so much.

Final score 8.5/10
    11-21-14 12:00 PM
    I'd like to give it a 15/10 because I feel it is probably the best phone I've ever had, but I don't feel anything is ever perfect and that would just be me being a raving fanboy.

I'll take a different approach and use a little bit of reasoning to work this out.
    9/10 on the hardware. It would be perfect if not for a loose volume button, a separating back, and a slightly uneven keyboard.
    6/10 on the software. For my usage the camera is garbage (too long to focus), there are still inconsistences in the OS that I feel will never be addressed (settings access), and the App situation is more pathetic then my Z10 (no native Bloomberg yet).
    That's an average of 7.5 but I'll add on 1 full point at the end because I like the Hub and Blend so much.

Final score 8.5/10
    Download 'snap' get all the android apps you want. (but keep in mind that some don't work :] ) lol

11-21-14 12:03 PM
    Download 'snap' get all the android apps you want. (but keep in mind that some don't work :] ) lol

That's the problem. It can't not work sometimes. We want native apps, with full integration to the hub. Snap is not the solution unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and Evindzer like this.
    11-21-14 01:51 PM
    9.5. Not a perfect 10 due to some software glitches that needs to be ironed out. Edit: forgot to mention the lack of high quality native apps in BW. Better make it a 9 then I suppose. Still the best smartphone I've owned though.

Enviado desde mi sexy Pasaporte
    11-21-14 02:06 PM
    Not a game player, not into a lot of the social apps, so it does all I want. 9 just because I don't believe anything is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 02:12 PM
    10!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-21-14 03:38 PM

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 03:41 PM
151 ... 23456 ...