I was not be able to buy Passport from shop Blackberry because the country where my CC was issued is not in the list within the billing form (it is so crazy because I am in EU).

It means I have no choice, so I have to buy a QWERTZ Passport and I will use the US English as the language on the phone.

Can anyone using the US English language on QWERTZ Passport help to check when I press Y, it will be Z or it will be Y?

Thanks for your help!
    02-26-15 07:44 AM
    I was not be able to buy Passport from shop Blackberry because the country where my CC was issued is not in the list within the billing form (it is so crazy because I am in EU).

It means I have no choice, so I have to buy a QWERTZ Passport and I will use the US English as the language on the phone.

Can anyone using the US English language on QWERTZ Passport help to check when I press Y, it will be Z or it will be Y?

Thanks for your help!
    Where do you live in Europe? I can't imagine you cannot buy a unlocked device from a retailer in your country.

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    02-26-15 07:49 AM
    I am in Austria now!
    I am intend to buy off one from Amazon.de.
    It is unlock version so I can use it on T-Mobile network then!

Where do you live in Europe? I can't imagine you cannot buy a unlocked device from a retailer in your country.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:55 AM

Thanks for your help!
    I'm in the US, and I do in fact own a QWERTZ Passport. I ordered it off Amazon from what turned out to be a German retailer. Honestly, it said QWERTZ keyboard in the listing, but in my blissful ignorance I didn't even know what that meant.

To answer your question, the key corresponds to the letter. So the ''z'' key types a ''Z'', and the ''y'' key types a ''Y''.

So if you order the QWERTZ version, it takes a bit of getting used to. Take it slow at first, else you'll be typing lots of ''zou''s (rather than ''you'') and ''blackberrz'' (rather than ''blackberry'').

Now, I'm so used to it that it doesn't affect my texting or emailing speeds at all.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport or Classic.
    vptsff likes this.
    02-26-15 08:07 AM
    Thank you so much for your reply!
    It is quite annoyed for me because my laptop, my PC and Q10 are QWERTY!

I'm in the US, and I do in fact own a QWERTZ Passport. I ordered it off Amazon from what turned out to be a German retailer. Honestly, it said QWERTZ keyboard in the listing, but in my blissful ignorance I didn't even know what that meant.

To answer your question, the key corresponds to the letter. So the ''z'' key types a ''Z'', and the ''y'' key types a ''Y''.

So if you order the QWERTZ version, it takes a bit of getting used to. Take it slow at first, else you'll be typing lots of ''zou''s (rather than ''you'') and ''blackberrz'' (rather than ''blackberry'').

Now, I'm so used to it that it doesn't affect my texting or emailing speeds at all.

02-26-15 08:20 AM
    Thank you so much for your reply!
    It is quite annoyed for me because my laptop, my PC and Q10 are QWERTY!
    No problem. All my other devices (laptop, home PC, work PC, Blackberry Classic, EVERYTHING else) is also QWERTY. It doesn't affect me on other devices. I just know where the keys are on the Passport. You get used to it.

vptsff and neil74 like this.
    02-26-15 08:44 AM
    Thanks, mate!
    My QWERTZ Passport will reach me on next Monday!

No problem. All my other devices (laptop, home PC, work PC, Blackberry Classic, EVERYTHING else) is also QWERTY. It doesn't affect me on other devices. I just know where the keys are on the Passport. You get used to it.

02-27-15 02:04 AM
    Hi
    I have a passport QWERZ. When I type z it is a z when I type y it is a y. I cannot tell there is a huge difference between QWERTY and QWERTZ. I type in English and I've always been using those with since Q10.
    vptsff likes this.
    02-27-15 02:49 AM
    Thanks for your post!

Hi
    I have a passport QWERZ. When I type z it is a z when I type y it is a y. I cannot tell there is a huge difference between QWERTY and QWERTZ. I type in English and I've always been using those with since Q10.
    02-27-15 03:54 AM
    OP you'll get used to it in no time. I'm a QWERTY person but living in France so have to use the AZERTY version of the Passport. No problem at all, I had a 9700 before as well and after two days you won't even know the difference.

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    02-27-15 04:55 AM
    Thanks for your post!
    You can change it in the settings as well. You can have a QWERTY keyboard but type QWERTZ or even AZERTY

Passport QWERTY vs QWERTZ-img_20150227_153923.png

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-27-15 08:39 AM
    I haven't checked the Y/Z thing but had the same issue, living in Sweden I couldn't buy from bbshop. I did however find orange.com as a retailer, they send the qwerty version have you checked if they deliver to you?

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    02-27-15 08:42 AM
    You can change it in the settings as well. You can have a QWERTY keyboard but type QWERTZ or even AZERTY

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150227_153923.png 
Views:	589 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	337408

Posted via Q10Bold
    Thanks very much for this. I had no idea this was an option. Just made the switch.

vptsff likes this.
    02-27-15 08:51 AM
    Thanks all of you for replying!
    I got it yesterday and I selected English for the language on my Passport.
    I am so happy now because when I press "Y" it will be "Z" as on all other my devices (Laptop, PC, etc.)
    03-03-15 02:22 AM
    I never know that!
    Thank you so much for this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150227_153923.png 
Views:	589 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	337408

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-03-15 02:23 AM
    I bought one from Amazon.de, and it came with QWERTZ, but it is fine now!

I haven't checked the Y/Z thing but had the same issue, living in Sweden I couldn't buy from bbshop. I did however find orange.com as a retailer, they send the qwerty version have you checked if they deliver to you?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:24 AM
    Maybe you can buy from amazon.co.uk ?

Posted via CB4
    vptsff likes this.
    03-03-15 02:43 AM
    Considering the price so I bought at Amazon.de.

Maybe you can buy from amazon.co.uk ?

Posted via CB4
    03-03-15 03:46 AM
    I've got mine from clove.co.uk
    Wouldn't get the QWERTZ if you don't want it. They're are enough options.

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    03-03-15 04:22 AM
    I use QWERTZ Passport type. And I also use QWERTY keyboards for PC, Mac and tablet. You'll simply get used to it. If not, you can simply change the keyboard layout and use software QWERTY on hardware QWERTZ. Cheers!

PIN: 2BEC9B73
    vptsff likes this.
    03-03-15 05:16 AM
    Thanks for your replies!
    Much appreciated!
    03-03-15 08:36 AM
    Awesome! Didn't even know this was an option - just picked up a spare Passport - but it was the Qwertz version - good to know it's not a big difference.
    07-05-18 03:20 PM