I would not buy any phone for a months salary.
    06-28-15 08:01 AM
    Posted via BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone
    06-28-15 10:39 AM
    Android apps works soooooooooooo much better on the passport omfg, I can't even describe it. Also I haven't bumped into any aspect ratio problems. Also, the slider will still have bb10 for sure so you should still receive updates for at least another year. The passport is not even a year old yet

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 10:48 AM
    Well OP, sadly (according to Fitsmaster) you are not man enough to have a Passport hahaha... don't take me wrong, I see his point, but it's kind of funny that he says that you should stop listening to the media but also tells the OP about what brand of headphone to get (which are great but not necessarily the best ones, however the brand has an excellent reputation guess according to whom? The media hahaha)... anyway, I have a passport and I love it (and funny enough, I also have a Bosse headphones hahaha)... be aware though, it's not for everyone, the size and wide design, physical Kb... all that doesn't suit all customers... if you think that would work for you, that would be all that matters...

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 11:41 AM
    This Android strategy is rumored, unconfirmed, and ridiculous because it deviates from Chen's turn around strategy, causes chaos in their roadmap, and involves significant skill set changing in their R&D team. It's basically destructive to team morale and damages the trust and relationships built over the past year within the new BlackBerry.

Like those acquisition rumors, you won't be able to say it would never happen, but it's not happening.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    06-28-15 11:47 AM
    I've not read the entire post. But answering based on the initial question. Yes the Passport is worth it. Order one and test it for 14 days and return it if you don't like it...
    OP is having a friend bring the handset from abroad. I'm not sure the 14 day return policy would actually apply in this case. Perhaps someone could chime in and clarify if I'm wrong.

Back on topic, agreed with what most other contributors have said here. I myself don't own own a Passport because I'm not a pkb person however, if my z30 broke today I would purchase a Passport tomorrow despite my dislike for the keyboard.

Passport is an amazing device today.....even if rumors and speculation DO see the light of day it won't happen in a timely manner.

Go for it!!
    anon(153966) likes this.
    06-28-15 12:16 PM
    if it is to expensive get the leap
    I love my passport but the leap also seems like a great device
    06-28-15 12:31 PM
    The best thing of Android is that you can replace an app from someone his phone. Like a bank app on someone his phone. We have this in the Netherlands for the second time in 2 weeks that its reported and a lot of people are hacked and money is withdraw from it becuase they work with a code that it's send back to you phone so when the phone is hacked and the app is replaced it's BINGO. At the moment more than 20K people are had this problem since a week ago and maybe it's higher now.

The same happen with companies using ios and Android and hackers are more concentrate to own business or person. First of all they check of a company is doing some social media and which persons are working there , second the find out which companies they doing bunsiness with and then they going on the attack sending emails. They sending emails like it;s from a employer or from a business they doing business with.

Also free network/hotspot are asking if you want to connect and sometimes it's not working and you suddelly get another page then you know for sure you been hacked and beaware with an ios or android phone or tablet ,because there are target number Uno.

We selling seurity software and only 2 euro is to expensive for business to secure there phone or tablet and they also rather using a box or icloud for business . They don't care but only when they get problems or missing stuff then they will be the fist to get protection. Android users are more willing to secure than apple users and they really think there is no virus or malware for ios.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    06-28-15 12:39 PM
    Anyone recall Sony? Security is paramount

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 01:45 PM
    I'm pretty much sold on the Passport and was since the day it premiered. It's different, it's eclectic, and I will probably love it. It may be another year until I jump on one since I don't do contracts and need an unlocked one at a reasonable down-to-Earth price, but eventually, I shall own one.
    GeoK likes this.
    06-28-15 02:21 PM
    The android on BlackBerry rumours are John Chen's swan song.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 03:00 PM
    I'm pretty much sold on the Passport and was since the day it premiered. It's different, it's eclectic, and I will probably love it. It may be another year until I jump on one since I don't do contracts and need an unlocked one at a reasonable down-to-Earth price, but eventually, I shall own one.
    Dude, but one unlocked. Today. Why wait? It is very effective for work.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 03:01 PM
    Be a man. Quit using Bose. Bose is for sissies, who like sheep. Don't use Beats either.

P.S. I like sissies. And sheep. But seriously, lose the Bose.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    i concur. as an audiophile- beats/bose are just overpriced consumer level stuff with a name attached to it. go pro, Sennheiser/Shure/AKG... etc. there are better better brands out there.
    06-28-15 03:25 PM
    Hey guys gotta some dilemma.
    I have friend which plans to bring me brand new unlocked passport from abroad, and since I own Z10 (my first BB phone) i kinda learned to appreciate BB10 OS and i do find it best overall. But last days, with those android rumors, i am kinda having second thoughts, thinking that I will have expensive unfinished product(softwarewise).
    Currently Passport looks perfect for me cause i do a lot of emailing, tons of spreadsheets, dont watch videos on phone and feel nervous about my Z10 shortlife battery. BUT at the other hand every single android app I installed on Z10 lags or stutters and it just doesnt feel right, and thats my main concern with Passport, that I will have device with only stock apps on it cause everything else is missing or not working properly or is not displayed properly cause of 1:1 aspect ratio. Any thoughts?
    Gotta few secondary questions also:
    Is there any mobile spredsheet which supports excels functions like vlookup etc.
    How good compared to z10 stock headphones are passports?
    Shold i get it or now, cause it costs like my monthly salary lol.

Thanks!
    Docs To Go came loaded on my Passport, I had to look it up how to use vlookup but it did work, at least within the same sheet.
    Hi Hibiskus,

I have no idea how to do vLookup on my Passport (I'm not very good doing it on a PC either), but I do know that it accepts the function (cos I have typed it in, and got a result!).

Here is the link for the Sheet-to-Go function list: DocID: 2310 - Supported functions and formulas in Documents To Go

Having the Passport has meant that I do not have to lug around a tablet to view spreadsheets, powerpoints, word docs, pdfs etc - but having said that I don't use my phone for any complex editing - a lot of my role involves reviewing other people's documents before they are disseminated as well as reading lots and lots of reports (many of which are simple spreadsheets, eg daily performance statistics).

I'm a big fan of the Passport and have never before had a smartphone that so suits my needs, but I strongly recommend that you read the blurb I have written above to see if my needs are similar enough to yours to support your decision making....

All the best, and if in doubt..... BUY YOURSELF A WONDERFUL PASSPORT!
    06-28-15 05:31 PM
    I have a Passport (as well as all other BB10 phones except the Leap and Q5). It is a great device, don't get me wrong. The screen is very good, it is a very fast performer and the battery life is good. However, the one thing that I personally cannot get used to is pressing a keyboard key vs. pressing a virtual key. If there is a word that requires using both, I tend to press too hard on the screen as if I'm reaching for another physical key. I find it very disconcerting and a little annoying sometimes. But the phone is excellent, and like the others have said, you should do what you want and not follow whatever anyone else is doing. Good luck.
    06-28-15 06:59 PM
    be a man and go your way.

I crack up at you young guys, listening to media and rumors. It is so funny.

I heard that Ronaldo will quit Real Madrid and Apple will bring out an iCar! What should I do? Change my squad and sell my car because of "rumours"?

Be a man! Don't listen to others. Trust your instincts and not the political correct sheeps

You know, you want this masterpiece called Passport! So get it! Even if it cost you a fortune! It is the best BB device I had so far! It is unique like you!

BB headphones are BB headphone. They are okay. But if you listen to a lot of music, be a premium mister and get yourself some BOSE-headsets and enjoy the music. But you will be okay with the BB ones at First!

So listen to your instinct and do what you need to do. Or not! Your choice, buddy!
    Couldn't have said it better.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 09:12 PM
    I have a pair of ear buds, Vmoda.
    They are very good. Got them a few years back at Miami Airport.
    Also have a pair of Bose QC15 for air travel.
    Not so much to listen to music. Watch a movie, yes.
    but really? Just to tune out the aircraft noise.

i concur. as an audiophile- beats/bose are just overpriced consumer level stuff with a name attached to it. go pro, Sennheiser/Shure/AKG... etc. there are better better brands out there.
    extisis likes this.
    06-28-15 10:18 PM
    I have a pair of ear buds, Vmoda.
    They are very good. Got them a few years back at Miami Airport.
    Also have a pair of Bose QC15 for air travel.
    Not so much to listen to music. Watch a movie, yes.
    but really? Just to tune out the aircraft noise.
    love MIA airport... have used the BlackBerry Travel app there for many years. i wonder what it looks like on the PP
    06-29-15 12:49 AM
    One word... 'YEP'

Post from my Passport or my Z30 or my Playbook
    06-29-15 02:07 AM
    I agree, and let's hope you go FLAC and not MP3 if music is very important to you. (directed to OP) otherwise just use the BB headphones.
    extisis likes this.
    06-29-15 08:17 AM
    Hey guys gotta some dilemma.
    I have friend which plans to bring me brand new unlocked passport from abroad, and since I own Z10 (my first BB phone) i kinda learned to appreciate BB10 OS and i do find it best overall. But last days, with those android rumors, i am kinda having second thoughts, thinking that I will have expensive unfinished product(softwarewise).
    Currently Passport looks perfect for me cause i do a lot of emailing, tons of spreadsheets, dont watch videos on phone and feel nervous about my Z10 shortlife battery. BUT at the other hand every single android app I installed on Z10 lags or stutters and it just doesnt feel right, and thats my main concern with Passport, that I will have device with only stock apps on it cause everything else is missing or not working properly or is not displayed properly cause of 1:1 aspect ratio. Any thoughts?
    Gotta few secondary questions also:
    Is there any mobile spredsheet which supports excels functions like vlookup etc.
    How good compared to z10 stock headphones are passports?
    Shold i get it or now, cause it costs like my monthly salary lol.

Thanks!
    No don't get the Passport.... if you are spending a month(s) salary you need a different and less expensive device.

Maybe we have access to Cobalt's solution today, but that doesn't mean that Google can't update their store and block out both SNAP and Cobalt... we would be back to downloading APK from whatever site we could get them from. Or moving on. For those of us where a Passport is a minor purchase, that isn't too much of an issue. But for someone that is making a big investment.... I just wouldn't recommend any current BlackBerry products - as the future is too much of a question mark.

As for office products... would be the same apps that you use with your Z10. Doc to go do support vlookup.

My Z10 didn't come with headphones... you'll need to see if the Passport, depending on where you buy it... the Passport might not either.
    06-29-15 09:01 AM
    I agree, and let's hope you go FLAC and not MP3 if music is very important to you. (directed to OP) otherwise just use the BB headphones.
    exactly.
    06-29-15 12:13 PM
    Go ahead and buy it, you will not regret it!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    06-29-15 02:45 PM
    Here's OP again to steer some fluids again :P.
    Personally I really like BB10, came on it after Android, and was bought by its overall usabillity and the fact that in 2 years it got stuck maybe 3 times which required soft reset not battery pull. Through using it I learned all z10's pros and cons, and here's some list of things I did with my Z10:

1. I have(had) web portal, and used z10 literally as laptop for typing live sport articles in Docs2go with bluetooth combo pictured below, together with making audio recordings on rpess conferences after match, and taking pictures with camera(oh yeah all journalists considered me as nerd, geek, freak... you name it )
    2. Used Z10 as media player on my TV via HDMI (android Gmote app to connect to PC and MX player for playing movies). Oh yeah, forgot about playing full desktop youtube on TV from time to time
    3. Sucessfully used Sony smartwatch on it via android app (well semi success tbh)
    4. Used it for remote printing through some android app etc.

Experimenting, i realised that Android usability is rather limited, for instance Smartwatch is working it can connect and show time and gmail emails, but it cant show sms or ID of the caller or anything "non important" like prior. I couldnt manage to connect any android remote desktop. Also I wasn't able to make Z10 as super office assistant, cause I did find it slow to type all reminders, notes and tasks via onscreen keyboard. Long story short, theres always something missing for it to be super phone.
    (passport purchase) Is it worth it now after all news?-lllll.jpg

Going for PP I thought i ll get all mentioned above, plus stability and PKB for better/faster typing, not to mention that now i need super spreadsheet machine, together with some decent audio.
    Last edited by lord_hibiskus; 06-29-15 at 03:44 PM.
    06-29-15 03:13 PM
    ........ My Z10 didn't come with headphones... you'll need to see if the Passport, depending on where you buy it... the Passport might not either.
    My Passport came with the usual ear buds, though I can never get them to stick in my ears (I think this is a User issue, as opposed to a fault with the BlackBerry ear buds)
    06-29-15 04:07 PM
51 123