06-29-15 08:38 PM
51 123
tools
    Hey guys gotta some dilemma.
    I have friend which plans to bring me brand new unlocked passport from abroad, and since I own Z10 (my first BB phone) i kinda learned to appreciate BB10 OS and i do find it best overall. But last days, with those android rumors, i am kinda having second thoughts, thinking that I will have expensive unfinished product(softwarewise).
    Currently Passport looks perfect for me cause i do a lot of emailing, tons of spreadsheets, dont watch videos on phone and feel nervous about my Z10 shortlife battery. BUT at the other hand every single android app I installed on Z10 lags or stutters and it just doesnt feel right, and thats my main concern with Passport, that I will have device with only stock apps on it cause everything else is missing or not working properly or is not displayed properly cause of 1:1 aspect ratio. Any thoughts?
    Gotta few secondary questions also:
    Is there any mobile spredsheet which supports excels functions like vlookup etc.
    How good compared to z10 stock headphones are passports?
    Shold i get it or now, cause it costs like my monthly salary lol.

Thanks!
    06-27-15 05:03 PM
    be a man and go your way.

I crack up at you young guys, listening to media and rumors. It is so funny.

I heard that Ronaldo will quit Real Madrid and Apple will bring out an iCar! What should I do? Change my squad and sell my car because of "rumours"?

Be a man! Don't listen to others. Trust your instincts and not the political correct sheeps

You know, you want this masterpiece called Passport! So get it! Even if it cost you a fortune! It is the best BB device I had so far! It is unique like you!

BB headphones are BB headphone. They are okay. But if you listen to a lot of music, be a premium mister and get yourself some BOSE-headsets and enjoy the music. But you will be okay with the BB ones at First!

So listen to your instinct and do what you need to do. Or not! Your choice, buddy!
    06-27-15 05:14 PM
    For argument sake, lets say they actually went Android. It won't be out tomorrow. By the time they did make one you would be due for a new phone anyway lol.
    extisis likes this.
    06-27-15 05:18 PM
    Adding to Fistmaster's post, if you load in Cobalt's Google stuff almost all common Android apps other than games work fine. A Flash browser with the yeah.so file will give you video on the Internet. Docs to Go or office mobile will give you spreadsheets. You'll have to search this stuff on CB to get the files and links.
    GeoK likes this.
    06-27-15 05:22 PM

Be a man! !
    Can't get enough of that!!!

Listen Lord Hibby....Fistmaster is right! But you said it yourself!
    " i do a lot of emailing, tons of spreadsheets, dont watch videos on phone and feel nervous about my Z10 shortlife battery."
    and....as for android apps. I don't use them. But load them with SNAP, Docs to Go for spreadsheet, etc...lots of threads here on that.
    No one is complaining android use on a Passport. It will function better than your Z10.
    Go for it!
    You won't regret it!
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    06-27-15 06:13 PM
    If you want the Passport then go for it. The battery life is great and is night and day over the trash that the Z10 is. Android apps will still have problems but they are better than what they were on the Z10.
    06-27-15 06:48 PM
    I've not read the entire post. But answering based on the initial question. Yes the Passport is worth it. Order one and test it for 14 days and return it if you don't like it...
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-27-15 07:03 PM
    I usually have some amount of buyer's regret after a big purchase. Seven months into the Passport and not one regret.

But--there has been some problem with quality control in terms of the screen, keyboard and Bluetooth function. Make sure you can return the device anytime during the one year BlackBerry warranty period, preferably to a seller like Amazon, which does quick and painless swaps. BlackBerry itself will honor their warranty, but will try to get you to go to the seller, and if the seller won't swap out a bad device, it's a lot of time and hassle with BlackBerry.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-27-15 07:21 PM
    Get it!! I love mine!!

Posted via Passport
    06-27-15 07:23 PM
    The way I see it, I only ever use a phone for a year or two max. So who cares what the future may or may not bring? BlackBerry OS 10 is hands down the best OS for me. The Passport is hands down the best BlackBerry device for me. So, easy calculation.

I've had mine since February. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. If I broke it tomorrow, I'd buy another one on Monday. It's great. It will be great in a year. The end.
    dmateo likes this.
    06-27-15 07:28 PM
    You won't regret it!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 07:41 PM
    Be prepared for a ton of looks and haters that you still have a BlackBerry but a great device nonetheless. Didn't think I'd like it more than my Z30 but I could never go back. The 3 row keyboard will take some getting used to though.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 08:08 PM
    Docs To Go came loaded on my Passport, I had to look it up how to use vlookup but it did work, at least within the same sheet.
    06-27-15 08:24 PM

I heard that Ronaldo will quit Real Madrid and Apple will bring out an iCar! What should I do? Change my squad and sell my car because of "rumours"?

Be a man! Don't listen to others. Trust your instincts and not the political correct sheeps

You know, you want this masterpiece called Passport! So get it! Even if it cost you a fortune! It is the best BB device I had so far! It is unique like you!

BB headphones are BB headphone. They are okay. But if you listen to a lot of music, be a premium mister and get yourself some BOSE-headsets and enjoy the music. But you will be okay with the BB ones at First!

So listen to your instinct and do what you need to do. Or not! Your choice, buddy!
    Be a man. Quit using Bose. Bose is for sissies, who like sheep. Don't use Beats either.

P.S. I like sissies. And sheep. But seriously, lose the Bose.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    06-27-15 08:28 PM
    The passport runs android apps a hundred times better than both my Z10 and Z30 did. It's a really great device. Even if BlackBerry did go android (I don't believe they will) the pp is still awesome. I would definitely still recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade.

Sent from my Passport
    06-27-15 09:58 PM
    Just do yourself a favour, get a BlackBerry Passport...

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 10:22 PM
    Just got the PP yesterday and love it. The phone runs the android apps I'm running fine, I mainly for use spotify and reddit sync and I haven't found any issues. I love the smoothness of the OS and the BlackBerry Hub is awesome. I'm coming from the One Plus One btw.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    06-27-15 10:58 PM
    The passport is a great device, and as stated it's way better than the z10 and the Z30, I don't have any QC issues so I can't chime in with the passport, however get the device from Amazon, BlackBerry themselves are a trip to get repairs I dealt with them with the BlackBerry z30.. take the PP challenge and you won't regret it..

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 11:20 PM

I personally use Eers and they are phenomenal! I gave away my Bose headphones..

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 11:22 PM
    The passport is a great device, and as stated it's way better than the z10 and the Z30, I don't have any QC issues so I can't chime in with the passport, however get the device from Amazon, BlackBerry themselves are a trip to get repairs I dealt with them with the BlackBerry z30.. take the PP challenge and you won't regret it..

Posted via CB10
    The specs of the Passport are at the top of the BlackBerry foodchain.

After the repeated issues with the Q10's PKB (and BB's refusal to acknowledge / resolve), I couldnt pull the trigger.

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    06-28-15 12:06 AM
    Even if they came out with another cheesy modified Android would you buy it right away? No, most likely there will be more complaint threads like "oh, it's too expensive for an entry level Android". People will never be satisfied and you will never be satisfied because you are undecided based on rumours. Good luck whatever route you take.
    06-28-15 03:05 AM
    The Passport is SO much faster than the Z10/Q10. While the Android runtime is still pretty outdated in the latest OS, the apps tend to run faster on the Passport anyway. Also, you can adjust the aspect ratio of Android apps to be in a more landscape mode if necessary. Only thing is it leaves black bars on the top and bottom. But one does not get a Passport for gaming, anyhow

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    06-28-15 06:05 AM
    Don't do it,in a couple of months it's going to be a year old already,a months salary is way too much to pay,wait for the passport 2,lol
    06-28-15 06:15 AM
    I have an android based device and a passport. The OS 10 operating system is lightyears ahead of android. I can't imagine trading in my OS10 passport for an android version. Doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 07:48 AM
    Move out and draw fire. AKA, pull the trigger.

Sorry, buy it. Now. Life is short, play hard.

BleedBlk-
    06-28-15 07:57 AM
51 123