$600, $12 a week less than 2 bucks a day and what is $2 these days anyway??
    10-29-14 06:35 AM
    $600, $12 a week less than 2 bucks a day and what is $2 these days anyway??
    You know, I want to do it. I really do. But there's a problem. I hate wasting money. I'm still paying off a Note 3 that I purchased in the T-Mobile JUMP program. I sold the Note 3 last month for $400. What's owed on the device from tmobile is $367. Yes, I could easily use that money I got from the phone to make up the difference, BUT that means I also have to spend another $600+ on the passport. That's a total of $967

My bill will go down to just $45 when the Note 3 is finally paid off. For now on, and as soon as the note 3 is paid off, I'm will ever only buy phones outright. It ensures that I actually like the phone and it keeps me from paying an extra $30 a month with T-Mobile. Oh, and I won't be locked to them anymore. Ugh, idk what to do!

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    10-29-14 06:46 PM
    You didn't say you were stuck.

Try selling that Q10 and anything else. You already lost money on the Note 3. By paying payments on it, you are just deferring your losses.
    10-29-14 07:10 PM
    You didn't say you were stuck.

Try selling that Q10 and anything else. You already lost money on the Note 3. By paying payments on it, you are just deferring your losses.
    It's not about not having money to buy it. I have plenty. I'm just a cheap ******* . I put all the money away that I can. I used to be the opposite. I used to spend all my money before it ever saw my bank account. Wish I could test drive one before committing to it :/

10-29-14 07:27 PM
    If you have the money then the smartest thing to do would be to pay off that Note 3 since you already sold it.

Worry about a Passport another day.
    10-29-14 07:51 PM
    If you have the money then the smartest thing to do would be to pay off that Note 3 since you already sold it.

Worry about a Passport another day.
    What reason would I have to do that since their isn't any interest charge? Not being sarcastic. I'm honestly asking.

10-29-14 08:08 PM
    Bordering on financial advise here.

Since you already sold the phone and you are getting no value of not having it in your possession. You might as well finish the purchase since you've already stated that your next phone will be purchased outright. Why encumber yourself with the overhead of another phone you don't have. Just swallow the loss now and move on.
    10-29-14 08:16 PM
    Bordering on financial advise here.

Since you already sold the phone and you are getting no value of not having it in your possession. You might as well finish the purchase since you've already stated that your next phone will be purchased outright. Why encumber yourself with the overhead of another phone you don't have. Just swallow the loss now and move on.
    Point made. I guess I'll just get it over with. Can always make more money. This Q10 has been so reliable I don't mind using it for another month or so when the passport becomes more available. Then again that's if I like the passport in person. I wanna try it first. Would suck to spend so much money on a phone and never have given it a test drive lol.

10-30-14 06:09 AM
    I bought mine sight unseen, glad I did as this device is a beast and the size isn't really that big.

I wanted back on a PKB and the passport was the gateway back to a PKB. Didn't consider the Q10 or the Classic as both those devices remind me of BBOS days, and although that wasn't that bad, it certainly isn't that good when compared to BB10.

The Passport represent innovation, while the classic is just a taller Q10 with a tool belt(0 Innovations there, just a band aid device). If you know how to use BB10 properly, the tool belt is obsolete, although the trackpad will always be useful, its just the rest of the tool belt that isn't needed.
    10-30-14 06:16 AM
    That's why most online places have a cooling off policy ie if u don't like it then send it back for a refund etc. Obviously instore is different as you can usually try the devices out before buying...just make sure if u do buy it instore that you CAN play with it before walking out with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 06:19 AM
    I bought mine sight unseen, glad I did as this device is a beast and the size isn't really that big.

I wanted back on a PKB and the passport was the gateway back to a PKB. Didn't consider the Q10 or the Classic as both those devices remind me of BBOS days, and although that wasn't that bad, it certainly isn't that good when compared to BB10.
    Really? You didn't enjoy the BBOS days? Shoot, if I had a sim card and a better browser for my 9000 I'd probably be using it right now. I loved the simplicity of BBOS. The jazzy, snazzy, jeweled up OS's of today are more of a distraction from actual work. I love my Q10 I do, but not like I did my 9900 or 9650 bold and now my brand old new 9000 I got on amazon for $28. BB10 is awesome. The hub is amazing, the screen is nice, it's fast and I don't have to pull the battery. Maybe I miss the idea of what I remember BBOS as. Maybe I'm wrong, but the experience from what I can remember when I pick up a legacy device, was a really fun one.

But you had a different experience completely understand that. We all have different tastes lol

10-30-14 06:21 AM
    Really? You didn't enjoy the BBOS days? Shoot, if I had a sim card and a better browser for my 9000 I'd probably be using it right now. I loved the simplicity of BBOS. The jazzy, snazzy, jeweled up OS's of today are more of a distraction from actual work. I love my Q10 I do, but not like I did my 9900 or 9650 bold and now my brand old new 9000 I got on amazon for $28. BB10 is awesome. The hub is amazing, the screen is nice, it's fast and I don't have to pull the battery. Maybe I miss the idea of what I remember BBOS as. Maybe I'm wrong, but the experience from what I can remember when I pick up a legacy device, was a really fun one.

But you had a different experience completely understand that. We all have different tastes lol

Not that I didn't enjoy BBOS(h*ll I bought my pearl cause it had an actual browser), its just way past its shelf life and development cycle, and there are bigger and better things available now. The old adage that if it ain't broke don't fix it, doesn't apply here because BBOS is old and broken. That's the reason RIM chose to buy QNX. BBOS was excellent at what it was used for, but now that we use our mobile device more like mini computers, BBOS couldn't be coded to handle computer like tasks.

I still use an old XP machine, just because XP was light and nimble and gets sh*t done for the certain things I use it for, Win 8 just isnt as good at certain tasks when comparing the 2.

I get that people don't like to change, and change is scary, but you already have a Q10, so your not new to BB10. Trust me when I say there is no comparing BB10 on a Passport versus a Z10, Q10, or Z30.
    notnomde likes this.
    10-30-14 06:31 AM
    lol
    11-02-14 04:02 PM
    Basically if I don't use my money to buy myself what I want, it will get taken by my wife, the cats, or the dozen other bills and banks hovering over.

So scr*w it.

As long as you're not sacrificing your health, living in hunger, or otherwise doing something negative (stealing, selling an organ, etc),.. then the question is... why not allow the results of your work to provide you with what you enjoy (whatever that may be for you)?

Posted via CB10
    This! Well said.

"May I see your Passport please?"
    11-02-14 11:53 PM
39 12