Hey there, community. I think of replacing my old phone now and I am definitely not going after PRIV - form factor is somewhat controversial and Android?! I can get any other device and install rooted/modified custom OS to enchance my privacy (that's my personal thing, I am here not to convince anybody in anything).
    I was concidering to buy Passport, and here is my question - is it likely that BB brings their prices down with Priv release? What do you think or know from BB previous history? Thanks for insights.

P.S.: my apology for poor eng skills. Obiously I am not a native speaker.
    10-27-15 12:16 PM
    Hey there, community. I think of replacing my old phone now and I am definitely not going after PRIV - form factor is somewhat controversial and Android?! I can get any other device and install rooted/modified custom OS to enchance my privacy (that's my personal thing, I am here not to convince anybody in anything).
    I was concidering to buy Passport, and here is my question - is it likely that BB brings their prices down with Priv release? What do you think or know from BB previous history? Thanks for insights.

P.S.: my apology for poor eng skills. Obiously I am not a native speaker.
    You can bank on a price reduction for all BlackBerry 10 devices about the middle of November. If you look in the Marketplace you'll find coupon codes for 10% off phones that can be used on shopblackberry.com. Keep your eyes peeled for an influx of Passports up for sale by users looking to offset the price of the Slider.

Good luck.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    bigjman likes this.
    10-27-15 01:00 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Yes, it is possible (likely) that the prices of some BB10 devices will go down once the Priv launches. Also, you can take a look in the BlackBerry Deals forum, where discount codes for the ShopBlackBerry site are often available.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-deals-f441/
    10-27-15 01:02 PM
    Yeah if you don't mind having a slightly used one, then people should be selling theirs fairly soon. If not, then pay attention to the discount codes that usually come around

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 05:33 PM
    Gentlemen, thank you very much. You guys have confirmed pretty much what I assumed. *patiently waits till mid November*
    10-27-15 07:39 PM
    Gentlemen, thank you very much. You guys have confirmed pretty much what I assumed. *patiently waits till mid November*

Also depending on where you live you could expect a sale on Passports just after Christmas in Canada. It's a Canadian tradition to offer sales post Christmas for a period of a week or so. It will called a "Boxing Day" sale

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 12:58 AM
    I really don't think we are going to see a big price reduction for the Passport this year.

BB10 is still important to Blackberrys end to end security solution and Passport is the highest end BB10 device.

The other BB10 devices went down in price significantly due to production exceeding demand. They seem to have been very conservative with passport production.

The demand for the Passport is still there because of how great it is and the inventory levels reflect this.

Right now in Canada, the Passport is 599 from shop BlackBerry. If it drops to 399 in November for the sale, then I will 100% buy it. I don't think it will happen, though.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    10-28-15 01:23 AM
    Morning

I am also in the works of getting the Passport. AT&T have it on sale for $99 with 2 year contract. Do you think when the Priv come out they will drop the price? I know it probably will not drop to $0. However, with the new blackberry device come out you think they will drop the Passport to $49 and the Classic to $0?
    10-28-15 07:29 AM
    You can get red pp for under 300 in the UK now...might wait for 250.. not interested in priv

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 10:53 AM
    I would personally suggest waiting for Cyber Monday sales (the Monday following Black Friday) and buying from Amazon. They generally have great deals on electronics

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    10-29-15 05:52 AM
    I would personally suggest waiting for Cyber Monday sales (the Monday following Black Friday) and buying from Amazon. They generally have great deals on electronics

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    In canada Amazon sells the Passport for $699, so I wonder how good of a sale it would be..

BlackBerry sells it for $599.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-15 07:28 AM
    Like z10 which went to 150$, you may get passport for nearly the same price, but chances are bleak

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 09:04 AM
    Like z10 which went to 150$, you may get passport for nearly the same price, but chances are bleak

Posted via CB10
    You can't compare the Z10 situation with Passport. They over produced the Z10 by the tens of millions and had no choice but to sell them for dirt cheap.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 02:33 PM
    Check ebay. Passport prices haven't really come down all that much.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 05:51 PM
    $199 passport would be pretty sweet!
    10-29-15 06:26 PM
    The price should come down on black Friday and just before Christmas as well. I purchased the Z30 from shop BlackBerry for $300 including shipping and tax. Although I believe BlackBerry 10 days are numbered, I will keep an eye out for the passport starting on black Friday.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 06:40 PM
    Well, here in Canada I got the Passport SE Stainless Steel Silver Edition for 649$ CAN, which included the free leather flip case, transform shell, and charging pod stand. This was such a great deal, I didn't wait to see if the price would come down further. The Priv in Canada howver is a high 899$, more than many other Android device on the market, so I think the price is likely to come down. It will be much cheaper with a plan as well.

Posted using my BlackBerry Stainless Steel Passport SE (and I also have the BlackBerry Z30).
    10-29-15 06:44 PM
    Morning

I am also in the works of getting the Passport. AT&T have it on sale for $99 with 2 year contract. Do you think when the Priv come out they will drop the price? I know it probably will not drop to $0. However, with the new blackberry device come out you think they will drop the Passport to $49 and the Classic to $0?
    Dont count on it. The $99.00 price just happened not long ago. Its going to set there for a long time. You can call me crazy but I think the people who want this phone are not concerned about $100. either way.
    10-29-15 08:39 PM
    I really hope so since I'm planning to buy Passport sometime at the end of next year. I am actually hoping a significant price reduction to, say, $200 - $250 USD. Is that possible? I remember when Q10 was sold at around $600 or so, and I bought it at about $200 this month.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-15 06:26 AM